The Next Nirvana!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Seriously, who cares? This music industry/consumer desire to proclaim another band as the spokesperson for a generation is just pathetic. Everone is tired of Boy'bands' , Teen Pop, Hip-Pop and just the horrible rock that has been coming out for the past few years...so we complain about the sad state of affairs in the music scene and talk of the 2nd coming of Nirvana. 'Oh what a glorious day it shall be, for it shall destroy all music which came before it and proclaim itself King of all that is music' ....until it becomes whored out and 3rd rate Neo-'insert music style here'.

Everyweek it seems another band is being looked at as maybe the one....The Hives....The Doves...The Strokes...The White Stripes...and on and on.

The day is soon coming when talking about the 'Next Nirvana' will be about as relevant as talking about the 'Next Sex Pistols', even if it DID happen it wouldn't matter anyway.

For anyone that feels like complaing about the sad sad state of music today, I have one suggestion: Everyone of you needs to listen to more Jazz. I'm not even suggesting what kind of Jazz or which Jazz artists, just listen to Jazz. Explore and find out what you like, the 20th century was an amazing period for music, and a Pandoras box of amazing music is just waiting for you. I complain as much as anyone but I know there is always more great Jazz for me to hear.

Last edited:
i couldnt agree more.

nirvana were great, but really they didnt prove themselves. if cobain hadnt been a coward, they would have been forgotten by now.

other music to look into would also be classical. definately classical, or sigur ros, newer kind of music fused with symphonic sounds.

i'm sorry, i couldn't read your post...i was too distracted by the signature of beastly proportions...

Wow, Admins cant rate threads. I had to log in as someone else to rate this horrible sig .. er I mean thread.

:macdevil:

Oh man this blows. I really thought that you were going to talk about a new Nirvana. I was looking forward to hearing someone else sing 'Territorial Pissings'.

I guess I'll just have to rate this thread accordingly:down:

Back
Top Bottom