The MLB Hot Stove Part 2 - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #241
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

WHAT?

So, who is Philly using now? And I am sure Columbus must have a new affiliation (Columbus has been with the Yankees for YEARS).

Columbus has been with the Yankees since I was a kid.

Philadephia's AAA affiliate is now the Ottawa Lynx.

Not sure if Columbus has a team now...I thought I read that they now have an independent team.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #242
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Philadephia's AAA affiliate is now the Ottawa Lynx.

And i think they are going to move to Allentown when they have a stadium built there...or at least that's what they were talking about when I was working there.

EDIT: I just checked out the Clipper's site. They are now with the Nats.

Further edit: the Tides are no longer with the Mets The Mets are now farm-fresh from flood-filled New Orleans (alliteration ).

Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #243
Blue Crack Distributor

most of the AAA affiliates were up for renegotiation this year and many teams jumped to different cities. it's wacky. i don't know who's who anymore.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #244
Blue Crack Distributor

ok philly is now ottawa, the yankees are in scranton, baltimore is in norfolk, the mets are in new orleans, the nationals are now columbus.

theeeeeeeee wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through town.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #245
Blue Crack Supplier

Philly is in Ottawa temporarily, making the deal so that they can get to the much closer Allentown team next season, the (and I'm not even making this up) Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #246
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd buy an Iron Pigs shirt and hat in a heartbeat.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 AM   #247
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Philly is in Ottawa temporarily, making the deal so that they can get to the much closer Allentown team next season, the (and I'm not even making this up) Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.
Pig Iron is what they use to make steel...and we all know Bethlehem was THE steel town.

It will be neat to see the Lehigh Valley/Scranton-WB rivalry. Yet, it is sad to see the "Red Barrons" name dropped from the SWB team name.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Red Sox vs. Yankees
One foggy night, a Yankees fan was heading north from New York and a Red Sox fan was driving south from Boston. While crossing a narrow bridge, they hit each other head-on, mangling both cars. The Red Sox fan manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage.
He looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I'm lucky to be alive!"
Likewise, the Yankees fan gets out of his car uninjured, he too feeling fortunate to have survived. The Yankees fan walks over to the Red Sox fan and says, "Hey, man, I think this is a sign that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of being rivals."
The Red Sox fan thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. In fact, I'm going to see if something else survived the wreck." The Red Sox fan then pops open his trunk and removes a full, undamaged bottle of Jack Daniel's.
He says to the Yankee fan, "I think this is another sign we should toast to our newfound friendship." The Yankee fan agrees and grabs the bottle.
After sucking down half of the bottle, he hands it back to the Red Sox fan and says, "Your turn!"

The Red Sox fan calmly twists the cap back on the bottle, throws the rest of the bottle over the bridge into the river and says, "Nah, I think I'll just wait for the cops to show up.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Red Sox vs. Yankees
One foggy night, a Yankees fan was heading north from New York and a Red Sox fan was driving south from Boston. While crossing a narrow bridge, they hit each other head-on, mangling both cars. The Red Sox fan manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage.
He looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I'm lucky to be alive!"
Likewise, the Yankees fan gets out of his car uninjured, he too feeling fortunate to have survived. The Yankees fan walks over to the Red Sox fan and says, "Hey, man, I think this is a sign that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of being rivals."
The Red Sox fan thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. In fact, I'm going to see if something else survived the wreck." The Red Sox fan then pops open his trunk and removes a full, undamaged bottle of Jack Daniel's.
He says to the Yankee fan, "I think this is another sign we should toast to our newfound friendship." The Yankee fan agrees and grabs the bottle.
After sucking down half of the bottle, he hands it back to the Red Sox fan and says, "Your turn!"

The Red Sox fan calmly twists the cap back on the bottle, throws the rest of the bottle over the bridge into the river and says, "Nah, I think I'll just wait for the cops to show up.
As if the Red Sox fan was not already drunk. Please.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

Spoken like a true Yankee fan.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #251
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh, most definitely.

Please know this, though: All of my Dad's side of the family live in New Hampshire or Massachusetts, and all are die-hard Red Sox fans. So Red Sox/Yanks goes beyond a sports rivalry, it's the backdrop for an annual 6 month civil war within my family.

Is it sick that I'm so excited that you guys have JD Drew, because I just know Sox fans are pretending to like him riight now but deep down know that they're going to end up hating him?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

If the Sox had lost Manny and JD Drew ended up being his replacement, then yeah, I'd be seriously questioning it. But the fact that he's got Ramirez and Ortiz with him will relieve the pressure (after all, he's filling in the spot left by Trot Nixon - I'm sure he can match his stats), and the fact that the Sox made Boras work the contract so that if he hurts that shoulder again, the Sox can get out of the contract in the 3rd year or whatever it was, then I think it's a good move.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Is it sick that I'm so excited that you guys have JD Drew, because I just know Sox fans are pretending to like him riight now but deep down know that they're going to end up hating him?
I'm not even pretending to like him. I hope he gets booed on opening day just like Jose Offerman.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

It's funny every time I hear it.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #255
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
If the Sox had lost Manny and JD Drew ended up being his replacement, then yeah, I'd be seriously questioning it. But the fact that he's got Ramirez and Ortiz with him will relieve the pressure (after all, he's filling in the spot left by Trot Nixon - I'm sure he can match his stats), and the fact that the Sox made Boras work the contract so that if he hurts that shoulder again, the Sox can get out of the contract in the 3rd year or whatever it was, then I think it's a good move.
Oh. Everything you say makes sense. I agree, strictly on paper, good move. But, I'm not referring to his major injuries, the shoulder. I'm referring to all the time he misses for other things, a little ankle injury, etc. He refuses to ever play through pain, and, when you are on a perennial contender like the Sox are, that sort of attitude stands out. Varitek would play with a sword protruding from his stomach, Drew won't play with an upset stomach. You'll see...I watched this cat for 2 years out here in LA and though be put up good stats his 2nd season, he's just a lifeless, heartless automaton, and I just don't see that going over well in Boston. Of course, I could be 100% wrong, he could play 150+ games and have a .400 OBP and fit right in, it could happen. I just don't see it.