The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
:hi5:

NL East
1. Mets
2. Phillies - wild card
3. Marlins
4. Braves
5. Nationals

NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Cardinals
4. Reds
5. Astros
6. Pirates

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Rockies
4. Padres

AL East
1. Red Sox
2. Rays - wild card
3. Blue Jays
4. Yankees
5. Orioles

AL Central
1. Indians
2. Twins
3. White Sox
4. Tigers
5. Royals

AL West
1. Athletics
2. Rangers
3. Angels
4. Mariners

nl mvp - manny ramirez
al mvp - evan longoria

nl cy young - johan santana
al cy young - scott kazmir

nl break out player - daniel murphy
al break out player - b.j. upton

citi field or new yankee stadium - tax payer municipal bond field

world series - mets over red sox

NL East
1. Mets
2. Phillies
3. Braves
4. Marlins
5. Nationals

NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Cardinals - Wild Card
3. Reds
4. Brewers
5. Astros
6. Pirates

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Rockies
4. Padres (first ever 0-162 team)

AL East
1. Red Sox
2. Yankee my wankees - wild card
3. Devil Rays
4. Blue Jays
5. Orioles

AL Central
1. Indians
2. White Sox
3. Royals with cheese
4. Twins
5. Tigers

AL West
1. Angels
2. A's
3. Ranger Smiths
4. Mariners

NL MVP - Albert Pujols
AL MVP - Grady Sizemore

NL Cy Young - Edinson Volquez
AL Cy Young - Roy Hollandaise

World Series - Red Sox over Mets (ball roles thru Delgado's legs)

:drool: Nice thread title. And I like the Longoria for MVP pick. I'd probably make the same pick if I wasn't so blind.

NL East
1. Mets
2. Phillies (wild card, I guess)
3. Braves
4. Marlins
5. Nationals

NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Reds
3. Brewers
4. Cardinals
5. Astros
6. Pirates

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Rockies
4. Padres

AL East
1. Devil Rays
2. Yankees (wild card)
3. Red Sox
4. Orioles
5. Blue Jays

AL Central
1. White Sox
2. Twins
3. Royals
4. Indians
5. Tigers

AL West
1. Angels
2. Rangers
3. Athletics
4. Mariners

NL MVP - Albert Pudizzy
AL MVP - Carlos Quentin

NL Cy Young - Johan Santana (I think I said it last year too but, if the Mets offense gives him consistent support, this motherfucker could break 25 wins)
AL Cy Young - C.C. Sabathia

World Series - I'll give you one guess

AL East
1. Boston
2. Tampa Bay (WC)
3. NY Yankees
4. Toronto
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. LA Angels
2. Texas
3. Oakland
4. Seattle

NL East
1. Philadelphia
2. NY Mets (WC)
3. Florida
4. Atlanta
5. Washington

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Milwaukee
4. Houston
5. Cincinnati
6. Pittsburgh

NL West
1. LA Dodgers
2. Arizona
3. Colorado
4. San Diego

AL MVP - BJ Upton
NL MVP - Manny Ramirez

AL Cy Young - Jon Lester
NL Cy Young - Johan Santana

World Series - Red Sox over Phillies

am i the only one who invisions an absolute disaster of a season for the yankees, in which a-rod has to have season ending hip surgery, sabathia does what fat people usually do and gets hurt, burnett becomes pavano part two, texiera shows that he's a good player but he really isn't that good (which i thought he showed in atlanta but apparently not), mo jeter and posada do what old people usually do and break down, and joe girardi is fired by the all star break?

i'm just hoping that the Brewers can defy the odds and win the World Series with no pitching talent whatsoever.

if Guillardo and Parra can be lights out....maybe.....just maybe we have a chance.

am i the only one who invisions an absolute disaster of a season for the yankees, in which a-rod has to have season ending hip surgery, sabathia does what fat people usually do and gets hurt, burnett becomes pavano part two, texiera shows that he's a good player but he really isn't that good (which i thought he showed in atlanta but apparently not), mo jeter and posada do what old people usually do and break down, and joe girardi is fired by the all star break?

Throughout his entire 9 year career, Sabathia has shown absolutely ZERO signs of a potential breakdown. Is he fat? Sure. But I guess he's just one of those rare fat man pitchers who knows how to stay healthy. He will be a fucking beast as usual.

All those other things could happen, though.

I enjoy that the Phightin's have gotten only one vote of confidence so far.

Throughout his entire 9 year career, Sabathia has shown absolutely ZERO signs of a potential breakdown. Is he fat? Sure. But I guess he's just one of those rare fat man pitchers who knows how to stay healthy. He will be a fucking beast as usual.

CC got paid. Keep that in mind. You think he wasn't very motivated last season? Now he's got his $$$...

So as we've seen, without St. Andy's steroid and HGH cocktail parties, teams have real difficulties repeating in MLB, thanks for illustrating my point.

The biggest obstacle to repeating in MLB is probably the fact that injuries tend to catch up to teams that make deep playoff runs.

Shit, don't forget Mr. Clemens. :wink:

Oh, he was always at the parties, but be sure it was Saint Andy who masterminded the whole thing and since threw Roggie under the bus. Clemens isn't smart enough to have figured out how to get the stuff on his own, Saint Andy and his Daddy took good care of him.

NL East
Mets
Phillies (WC)
Marlins
Braves
Nationals

NL Central
Cubs
Cards
Brewers
Astros
Reds
Pirates

NL West
Dodgers
D-Backs
Rockies
Padres
Giants

AL East
Yankees
Rays (WC)
Red Sox
Jays
Orioles

AL Central
White Sox
Twins
Indians
Royals
Tigers

AL West
Angels
Mariners
A's
Rangers

WS: White Sox def Mets, 4-2

Holy shit. Really? That's awesome, man. I like the way you think.

I am definitely of the opinion that we will be a hell of a lot better than what most of the preseason prognosticators have been saying (finishing 3rd or 4th in the Central)

It's gonna be a White Sox/Twins race to the finish in that division, as it has been so many times this decade.

he did strain an ab muscle on opening day a few years back in what was the most ironic injury of the past 20 years, and he did just get a big fat pay check to go along with his big fat waistline.

and let us not forget that before c.c. went and ate up on the pirates and reds in the meager n.l. central that he was 6-8 with an ERA near 4 in the american league last year. just sayin'

12 of sabathia's 17 games he pitched in the NL were against teams that had lost 85 or more games on the season.

texaslogo.jpg

I think it would be a problem if they rushed it, but they're giving it time. He's not starting Sunday night.

The Angels are gonna struggle the first month with Lackey, Santana and Escobar out. They've gotta feel good if on May 15th they're at least at .500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom