The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:16 PM
The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

I know the season of Great Pumpkin is almost over but I hope it puts a smile on your face arw

Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

On that note, off to sleep

Old 10-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm currently drunk right now so just about anything would put a smile on my face. Went upstairs to get a little drink, as in can of pop, and my dad told me he had a bottle of whiskey so I should make myself something with spirit in it and handed me the bottle. My sister called and asked me why I sounded so much calmer and when I told her she said that was probbly a good idea. Then my mom came downstairs to see her little kitty Lily that she just can't get enough of these days....my mom is afraid of cats and didn't want Lily in this house but now they're buds....she's not a drinker so she doesn't understand why anyone would want/need a drink. She even told me it was probably a good idea and said there's more diet coke and whiskey in the kitche.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

If you drank the whiskey, why do I feel hungover ?
here is to staying calm

I am hoping that it is because this is the first time in a week that I was up at 6 and I didn't sleep to great last night
Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

So day 3 of aol doing maintenance so I can't get my e-mail
Old 10-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I feel like crap right now But it was worth it....much needed. I thought I was going to pass out last night until I found that bottle of whiskey. Hopefully my boss...ex boss...can find something if not, my dad is a pro at unemployment so he'll help me file for that tomorrow. If I qualify then it will be enough to get by. Student loans can go back on hold again so I should be fine. I just had a ton of money saved for my time off this summer and I was able to make it last until I got a job. The rest of it went to Vegas so now I have nothing which is why I was so freaked out last night. Plus now I have to do that whole interview bullshit again once I do find a place to apply to.........
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Lily woke me up today at the exact time my alarm should have gone off this morning. She better get used to sleeping again!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I want a bootleg of my concert so bad! My computer will blow up if I attempt to download one (if one is available yet) so can one of you do that for me and send me a copy?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Yay for having $$$ saved up.
I haven't seen a bootleg for Vegas yet. I'd love to DL it and burn you a copy when it comes out, but my DVD/CD burner is toast. A nice little yellow exclamation point is present on the device manager listing.
Really gotta call Dell since I can't get it going.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

@U2 on Twitter
. acc to security, yesterday's list will not be honored.

GA sounds like it is messed up or as some in the Rose Bowl thread are calling the situation, a real *clusterfuck*
Some people gonna be showing up to see another line formed and are gonna be quite unhappy
Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:16 PM
I'd be happy to burn you a copy arw. Just let me know when it comes up on u2torrents and which version you want if there are multiple sources.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Thanks for sharing your pics Enjoyed them tremendously. I like the first pic of Bono as he heads towards the fence.
The pic of Sicy w/ you and Karen
Where did you guys stay? Sounds like a bit of a adventure to get to the strip.

Vegas, I gotta go back. I like just walking around, people watching, the heat and the palm trees are also a draw at this time of year.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

The Packers vs. The Browns and Packers winning. Another one of those we better win games

This is the game should have tried winning tickets for. Local radio station gives tickets away each week to each game. Hotel and air included. Could have checked out the Bruce exibit at the RRHOF before the game
Old 10-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Trick or Treat is a happening today here. Halloween is next Saturday. Why my little burg had to go a week ahead of the REST OF THE STATE, I have no idea..
Old 10-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
Thanks for sharing your pics Enjoyed them tremendously. I like the first pic of Bono as he heads towards the fence.
The pic of Sicy w/ you and Karen
Where did you guys stay? Sounds like a bit of a adventure to get to the strip.

Vegas, I gotta go back. I like just walking around, people watching, the heat and the palm trees are also a draw at this time of year.
we stayed at Siena Suites, the suggested hotel to stay for walking to the stadium. What we really should have done is stay on the strip the first few nights and then move like a lot of people did. It's an extended stay type place and basically a step up from a Super 8. The room was nice but with no vehicle it made things difficult. It was the first time I've stayed off the strip and didn't have a car. Normally I have a car, either mine or family, and I'm on the strip. The cab driver to the hotel from the airport gave us the run around and I'm going to call and complain. I'm sure it won't get me anywhere and I normally don't do that but we told her how to get there and she kept saying she didn't understand our directions or know where the stadium was. She was on the cross street and turned up and down streets. What should have been less than $25 turned into $42.00. So due to that, I wasn't going to take cabs to and from the strip so without a hotel shuttle, we bussed it. We could see the strip but it was probably miles and miles away. It took 2 hours to get there so I wasn't really all that excited about going back to our hotel the 1st night. Lots of really creepy people on drugs on the way back. We took the bus again the next day but then decided to cab it on the way back. The driver asked if it was our first time in town and I said no, been here a lot with a car so I know my way around and then I gave him directions to our hotel so there would have been no way for him to screw us.

In terms of the concert though, I'm so happy we stayed close by. The line for the taxi was probably a few thousand people deep by the time we got outside. I'm not kidding either. It was so long and just a mess. There were probably a good 50 people waiting to get on the bus by our hotel and people fighting over taxis, running into traffic trying to beat each other to the taxis. I don't think that a lot of taxis made it to the stadium to pick up those thousand people because so many got flagged down by walkers. It was effortless for us to get back to our room.

But for the few days we did the bus, I was really annoyed. Not because I wanted to have more time on the strip but just because it would have been nice to go back to our room and freshen up for dinner, especially the night we went out with everyone from here. I didn't mind the two hour ride the 2nd day as much as the first. We were in the front of a double decker bus so I just people watched. But I'll never stay off the strip again in Vegas unless I have a car!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Vikings aren't looking like they want to win today and I really don't give a crap right now.......
Old 10-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #17
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm supposed to go to a birthday party for my cousin's 3 year old but I really do not want to be around people right now....
Old 10-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I think a Vikings player just killed a ref....he got in the way and the Viking just slammed him to the ground. Poor guy is still down Hope he's ok. But yay Percy Harvin! Touchdown
Old 10-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Brett just pulled a Brett
Old 10-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Watching a program on PBS about the hikers on the Appalachian Trail. The sites are so beautiful. Some of the hiking spots are just a little terrifying *chews on fingernails*, though