The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say he lives a self-parody of himself, I mean it. If "Captain Kirk" has ever been on The Simpsons. You are most likely hearing the real deal William Shatner. He is just cool like that. He doesn't shy away from what he was at all.

In FACT>

There's something called the Star Trek Shatner-verse. Why? Because He has written a series of Star Trek Fiction books...THAT'S WHY.

I guess he got over that whole "Get a life" thing... :wink:

When I say he lives a self-parody of himself, I mean it. If "Captain Kirk" has ever been on The Simpsons. You are most likely hearing the real deal William Shatner. He is just cool like that. He doesn't shy away from what he was at all.

In FACT>

There's something called the Star Trek Shatner-verse. Why? Because He has written a series of Star Trek Fiction books...THAT'S WHY.

:lol: Awesome.

And I'm sure Ali can more accurately say if Shatner/Captain Kirk has been on the Simpsons than I can ...

Way to procrastinate, Alison... Instead of packing clothes and other necessary things for the holiday that I'm leaving for TOMORROW, I'm sitting here thinking about CDs I can put in the hire car, and whether it would be wrong to put the best bits of Captive and Absolution on the same CD, or whether I should put both of them whole on separate CDs, or whether I should just not bother burning them, cos I already have TONNES of CDs and it's not like we're going to be spending that long in the car... and of course I have to rearrange the CDs I do want to take into one CD case ... and I have to rearrange my mp3 player too...

Priorities, anyone??

:reject:

Don't worry, I did the same thing before one of my trips to Texas. Instead of packing I spent hours and hours building a playlist of songs that were only songs I liked, so I wouldn't have to mess around skipping instead.

Way to procrastinate, Alison... Instead of packing clothes and other necessary things for the holiday that I'm leaving for TOMORROW, I'm sitting here thinking about CDs I can put in the hire car, and whether it would be wrong to put the best bits of Captive and Absolution on the same CD, or whether I should put both of them whole on separate CDs, or whether I should just not bother burning them, cos I already have TONNES of CDs and it's not like we're going to be spending that long in the car... and of course I have to rearrange the CDs I do want to take into one CD case ... and I have to rearrange my mp3 player too...

Priorities, anyone??

:reject:

Grungy geese. :lol:

I am truly having a hard time imagining Captive and Absolution on the same CD ...

And no sign of Red Rocks? :uhoh:

OK, Ashley, your worst fears have come true.

I AM STARTING ON YOUR DI LIST.

Tremble.

You would wouldn't you :lol:

Ugh...I was REALLY into them for a while there...I've cooled now.

I'd only ever heard of them before from last.fm ads, when I ridiculed their band name. But really, you'd expect a band with their name to play Pride, eh?

Ashley, if I am not grossly mistaken, you are the first person who has actually used a GOOD song from Black Holes And Revelations in DI.

God, what is with people and using Supermassive Crap Hole? At least Starlight can hold a candle to songs on Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution.

Not so far. I bet you anything it'll show up this week! :grumpy:

Yeah, it wouldn't be right. Separate CDs it is!

My money is on Tuesday. Though I'll laugh if it arrives tomorrow.

Now I have these funny thoughts of how weird it would sound seguing from Captive to Absolution ...

Ashley, if I am not grossly mistaken, you are the first person who has actually used a GOOD song from Black Holes And Revelations in DI.

God, what is with people and using Supermassive Crap Hole? At least Starlight can hold a candle to songs on Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution.

Muse is another band that I went "Gaa Gaa" over in the beginning. Now All I really listen to is Starlight. I've never liked SMBH's though.

I'm pretty sure SOMEONE's had to have used Starlight before though..

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!

Oh goddamnit, Dresden Dolls. I have such a hard time paying attention to doing anything while listening to their songs because they're so fucking distracting and annoying. If this post reads god-awfully, that's why.

Muse is another band that I went "Gaa Gaa" over in the beginning. Now All I really listen to is Starlight. I've never liked SMBH's though.

I'm pretty sure SOMEONE's had to have used Starlight before though..

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!

Hm, maybe. I feel like Supermassive Black Hole has been used a billion times, but that's probably just because I despise it and it's really only appeared twice or thrice. I mean, I never desired to hear Muse pretending to be David Bowie and Prince covering a glam rock track, you know?

Oh goddamnit, Dresden Dolls. I have such a hard time paying attention to doing anything while listening to their songs because they're so fucking distracting and annoying. If this post reads god-awfully, that's why.

Hm, maybe. I feel like Supermassive Black Hole has been used a billion times, but that's probably just because I despise it and it's really only appeared twice or thrice. I mean, I never desired to hear Muse pretending to be David Bowie and Prince covering a glam rock track, you know?

:lol:

Yeah, actually the one that's been used a LOT is Map Of The Problematique. DI 4 I was the only one to use it, but DI3 like four people had it on their lists.

God, Amanda Palmer, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Nobody* thinks you are clever or intelligent or anything. Stop prattling with only half a sense of melody over the top of everything, for god's sake.

*I hereby appoint myself spokesman for everybody. Deal.

God, Amanda Palmer, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Nobody* thinks you are clever or intelligent or anything. Stop prattling with only half a sense of melody over the top of everything, for god's sake.

*I hereby appoint myself spokesman for everybody. Deal.

:lmao:

Speak to the people Axver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom