The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So starting my first day of my senior year today was kind of surreal. I'm still trying to take it all in, you know?

The Weezer track is kind of goofy, but it's enjoyable.

Indeed. It kicks tremendous ass from a musical standpoint.

I'm not listening to anything at all and my internet is completely fucked up, but I might as well throw out a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So starting my first day of my senior year today was kind of surreal. I'm still trying to take it all in, you know?

It's mind numbing imo. I spent that entire year trying to make sure that I had a great time, knowing the whole time I was going to college on the other side of the country, and trying so hard to get my friends to realize that, but still in the end, we didn't do all the things we had planned, and now I barely see any of them :sigh:

Ah senior year, good times. Just don't forget that even if you have been accepted those second semester grades DO matter :wink:

I think it's rather surreal that I'm actually looking forward to my senior year starting. That must be a first for any grade thus far.

High school is going to seem so irrelevant once you're in college (assuming you plan on going to college). My advice is, enjoy senior year as much as you can. I certainly liked it a lot more than junior year, which blew. Being a senior is fun :up:

I'm far removed from those days, but I do recall all of Senior year being great but surreal.

It was mainly the feeling of walking around the halls and realizing that I'm one of the older ones here... and I don't recognize as many faces as I used to.

I've got a pretty good set of classes this semester (Film and Newspaper ftmw), but will have a lot to do between school work, applying to colleges, and Thespian/Drama-related duties. I just want it to go as slow as possible at this point.

I kind of feel so bogged down in college searching and applications that I'm kind of going to overlook the start of senior year at first.

AB, just sent you the links.

I'm announcing the baseball team's games, and they're supposed to be favorite to win the state title this year. That'll be fun, come springtime.

It's mind numbing imo. I spent that entire year trying to make sure that I had a great time, knowing the whole time I was going to college on the other side of the country, and trying so hard to get my friends to realize that, but still in the end, we didn't do all the things we had planned, and now I barely see any of them :sigh:

Ah senior year, good times. Just don't forget that even if you have been accepted those second semester grades DO matter :wink:

I may be staying instate... or look into going to another major metropolitan area, like New York, LA, Chicago or something. Any place that fits my proposed film major, really.

Hah, I'll keep that in mind.

High school is going to seem so irrelevant once you're in college (assuming you plan on going to college). My advice is, enjoy senior year as much as you can. I certainly liked it a lot more than junior year, which blew. Being a senior is fun :up:

I really enjoyed my Junior year, but expect this to annihilate that one in every, way, shape and form.

It was mainly the feeling of walking around the halls and realizing that I'm one of the older ones here... and I don't recognize as many faces as I used to.

I've got a pretty good set of classes this semester (Film and Newspaper ftmw), but will have a lot to do between school work, applying to colleges, and Thespian/Drama-related duties. I just want it to go as slow as possible at this point.

Do the freshmen look like little kids? I swear they looked so young, when I was a senior. It was strange, to think that was me only a few years ago.

Sounds like you'll be making the most out of your senior year :up:

thanks for the links philly

Oh God, I'm getting all nostalgic :lol:

But AB's right imo, after college, HS seems to pointless. I know I'm enjoying myself 100 times more than I did in high school. There was just way too much pressure to get INTO college for me.

Do the freshmen look like little kids? I swear they looked so young, when I was a senior. It was strange, to think that was me only a few years ago.

Sounds like you'll be making the most out of your senior year :up:

thanks for the links philly

It's ridiculous. Not only do they look like kids, but they all look like little skaterbullshit kids or Anthony Michael Hall and Co. in Sixteen Candles - there's no in-between.

I hope so, I've got about 5 AP classes on the pipeline coupled with those electives I've been wanting to take for 3 years, so there's that.

I may be staying instate... or look into going to another major metropolitan area, like New York, LA, Chicago or something. Any place that fits my proposed film major, really.

I really enjoyed my Junior year, but expect this to annihilate that one in every, way, shape and form.

God, I wanted to go to NYU so bad, but literally the only reason I didn't apply was that I could NOT get my hands on $70 for the application :banghead: My dad was hella unsupportive during my senior year for some reason.

My junior year sucked because all of my teachers acted like if we didn't get a's in all of our classes, then we were destined for failur the rest of our lives

Oh God, I'm getting all nostalgic :lol:

But AB's right imo, after college, HS seems to pointless. I know I'm enjoying myself 100 times more than I did in high school. There was just way too much pressure to get INTO college for me.

YLB, it's different for everyone, of course.....I got to college and did not at all find HS pointless, thakfully so, since you know how I felt about my HS.

But, like everyone is saying, enjoy this final year as much as you possibly ca, and try not to stress about which college, the lady friend situation, etc.....but you know all this already, I think you were just making a passing comment, not looking for "advice". :)

I ended up going to college in state and I don't regret it (much cheaper, and I love school here, and it's nice to be close to home), but it's certainly a good time to go off into the world too.

Glad you had a good junior year. Mine kinda sucked cuz a bunch of my friends graduated at the end of my sophomore year, and my schedule was tough (Physics and Pre-cal :yikes: ). Senior year was tough too, but knowing it was almost over and being close to a lot of people in my class helped make it more fun.

So, that Pink Floyd song was 11 minutes long.

Pretty much the same plan here. I'll be staying instate for a couple of years to get some credits out of the way, and then look into some metropolitan art schools. I doubt I could pay for four years in a place like that right now.

YLB, it's different for everyone, of course.....I got to college and did not at all find HS pointless, thakfully so, since you know how I felt about my HS.

But, like everyone is saying, enjoy this final year as much as you possibly ca, and try not to stress about which college, the lady friend situation, etc.....but you know all this already, I think you were just making a passing comment, not looking for "advice". :)

Yes, I want to have that college experience, too, but not let it diminish my HS stuff, you know?

I hope it all works out, and yes, it was more of passing comment than anything else, but I do greatly appreciate everyone's words of encouragement.

God, I wanted to go to NYU so bad, but literally the only reason I didn't apply was that I could NOT get my hands on $70 for the application :banghead: My dad was hella unsupportive during my senior year for some reason.

wow, that blows. you should be able to apply to any college you want! it sucks how those schools rape you up the ass from the beginning

I also very much wanted to attend NYU. I could have gotten in with my GPA and SAT scores, but I applied to a specific program - the Clive Davis Recording Arts - which only accepts 28 people a year. I didn't get in, and it sucked, so I decided to just go in state, and I've had a blast so far, though just like high school there's plenty of bad with the good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom