The Dark Side of the Moon - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

anyway Echoes

Wish you were Here

I've heard Echoes. Apparently a lot of work went into making the running order pretty seamless.

Sadly, it looks like all future sarcastic replies must be accompanied by a

Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

Overall, I think it's also more timeless. "Whitehouse, ha ha charade you are"...pretty current!
It's actually not all that current, heh. It's a reference to Mary Whitehouse, that old British prude who tried to censor everything, particularly in the 60s/70s. I think she died several years ago. Her verse is hilarious! "You're nearly a real treat, all tight lips and cold feet, and do you feel abused? *suggestive sexual breathing*" Censor that, Mary!

But regardless, Animals is still a perfect record. I love Meddle, and depending on my mood, I often rate it quite high. However, I really don't think it holds up as a complete album when compared to the Pink Floyd greats, especially Animals.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

It's actually not all that current, heh.
I didn't know it was about her...interesting...and embarrassing, at the same time!

I love that song, however...and the "Big man, pig man" part really reminds me of someone in Washington. I get a similar sense from Sheep. The overall theme of the album holds up really well, in a socio-political way. It's really genius. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to it...it's like a musical snapshot of the world.

GG, have you seen Children of Men? It's a kind of dark and dreary apocalyptic look at the future, with a few Pink Floyd references to boot. The most obvious one being the inflatable pig. I've read that it's actually the very same pig from the Animals shoot, but I'm not sure. It's not a perfect movie, but it's one that makes you think for days after seeing it. It's probably going to be released on dvd soon. I highly recommend it!