The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I don't know about anti-interstate bias. It's there, but I don't think it's that bad. The 05-06 grand finals were widely celebrated. Everyone here loves Sydney. Brisbane had plenty of support during their dynasty.

Certainly. It was far, far worse in the 90s, but since the "unthinkable" happened (three consecutive Grand Finals without a Victorian side) such animosity against non-Vic teams has greatly subsided. It's all quite tame now, maybe too tame? Time for a State of Origin revival?

This has to be a real turnon for Axver:

0918_Destination-Grand-Finalv3.jpg

Love a big prelim like this. Hawthorn had all the running but blew their chances - can't believe Geelong's in front at the break, but 3.5 to 4.0 really says it all. Some horrid misses from right out front by the Hawks.

I actually can't remember - was Brisbane's dynasty before or after they absorbed the Lions?

After, 2001-03.

This has to be a real turnon for Axver:

0918_Destination-Grand-Finalv3.jpg

Ahahaha oh my god that's awesome. If only one of them were Essendon!

Fuck me has the momentum swung wildly in the first half.

Well fuck me! Do we need the review available for out-of-bounds calls as well? Because that wrong call at the end of the third - wrong but not an awful call, since they legitimately couldn't see who kicked it out - was massive.

It was obviously Hawthorn's kick, but how can the umpires call it when they couldn't see it? They all clearly said they simply didn't know who it came off, so I don't blame the umpires. But maybe being able to review out-of-bounds would be good - perhaps just when it's crucial, i.e. within the fifty.

Oh come on Hawthorn! This is painful, especially since they're just blowing it for themselves with some awful misses.

HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU JEFF KENNETT!!

Well played, Geelong. Can't wait to hear Cobbler's report from the game! Must have been incredible in there.

I've kept emphasising my firm belief that Hawthorn will finally overcome Kennett's curse in a sudden-death match

I've kept emphasising my firm belief that Hawthorn will finally overcome Kennett's curse in a sudden-death match

Pretty much called it back in March, if I could be bothered to go back and dig it up.

Holy fucking shit what a game; that's what preliminary finals are all about! So much yelling at the telly and biting of nails. That was Hawthorn's game to lose and fucking hell did they come close to blowing it. What a final quarter!

Fair match, happy to see Hawthorn get up. Was near a Dickhead Geelong supporter who only sang when they were winning, which made the result more satisfying.

Gunston is a Gun. What a reliable forward he is, would love to have him at Richmond. Mitchell was BOG, as brilliant as he has been all year. A contender for the Brownlow on Monday night.

Also, what kind of "sell out" has 12,000 empty seats. Lift your game MCG, and stop pricing people out of attending AFL.

Also, what kind of "sell out" has 12,000 empty seats. Lift your game MCG, and stop pricing people out of attending AFL.

Are they actually claiming it as a sell-out? I was totally expecting attendance above 90,000.

At least there shouldn't be an empty seat out west tonight. I'm so excited.

They were hyping it up as a sellout days before the bounce, which deters people from coming because they think that there are no tickets left.

Should have clarified. High Premium tickets - not within the budget for families - were available. Low Category affordable tickets were sold out very quickly.

They need to get the allocation right for finals. It is not acceptable, especially with the amount of empty seats in the first 15 or so rows on the top tier.

The AFL lost money that they could have made last night. Two of my mates were very keen but were priced out of attending.

Back
Top Bottom