The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$8 seats?! :ohmy: Wow.

I'm hoping to be able to catch some of these games. My stupid schedule has been keeping me too busy to watch. :angry:

I haven't decided who I would like to ultimately win, but I'm rooting for Philly and Dallas right now.

Flyers need to tighten up, couple of Pitt goals came off sloppy play and Marty could be a bit better. Hopefully better play (and better result) tonight. Gonna be tough without Timonen though, no doubt about that.

D looked gassed at the end. The Pens will make a defense work, and with the Flyers missing their best D for the entire game you could see it taking its toll. Not looking good :(

Last night's game was telling. Detroit scored the first goal, and then Dallas had to work, work, and work to get the equalizer. Then, a short time after Dallas tied it up, the Red Wings scored again seemingly without effort.

It's looking rather easy for the Wings these playoffs.

elevated_u2_fan said:
wow, I have to hand it to Detroit, they are really dismantling Dallas... This could be their year.

I had my doubts before the playoffs began, after so many years being ousted in the first, second and third rounds, but this year I have a feeling... Ok, clal it an inkling, since I am not fully "there" yet, but it would be awesome, just awesome, if there was another victory parade on Woodward this summer. :drool:

Well the end is near :( Flyers had a hell of a run here and I'm proud. Not going to whine about the injuries but I'd have loved to see a matchup with both clubs at full strength...but both teams along with some others in the East are very young and I expect more clashes among the Habs/Caps/Pens/Flyers.

Go Wings :)

Fear not! There are ways to overcome such horrible jealousy...err...jinxing. :wink:

20070429181900.jpeg

20070429181900.jpeg

20070429181900.jpeg

So, every 33 years somebody comes back from 0-3 down...who's it gonna be?

Flyers :up:

sniggirb said:
I met Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne tonight...just to name a few.

What's Saku like?
That's cool you got to meet them - both seem really nice and approachable.

And here's really jinxing it - someone is selling tix to the Game 1 final between Detroit and "likely" Pittsburgh! They even posted the set up in Joe Louis arena :lol:
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/681721478.html

Last edited:
Yea, I'm really rooting for the Flyers now. But I'm worried too, Penguins played a crap game and are going to be at home and looking to bounce back.

The chips are against the Flyers, but damn, it'd be so awesome if they somehow came back to take the series

*dreams*

angelordevil said:

I can't help but notice that the seller is located in Toronto. :tsk:

CTU2fan must be happy with the start of the game tonight...nothing like playoff hockey drama. :drool:

I was very happy...end had me a bit antsy though. I think last night's game was a combo of Flyers desperation and intensity, some line-juggling that worked out well, and Pittsburgh letting up just a bit. Sunday will be tough, as I'm sure Pitt will be intent on finishing it off and not going back to Philadelphia. But Coburn is likely to play so that will help immensely.

Every 33 years baby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom