The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

frozen_inside032908.jpg

That is a fantastic photo.

If the Nucks don't make the playoffs I will be throwing my support behind les Habitants. :up:

But the Canucks are making the playoffs.

:pray:

ETA: How freaked out does that baby in the top of the picture look? :yikes:

Dave, we were just talking about that pissed off baby on the message board at http://sabresfans.com :lol:

We also like the lady in the very bottom left hand corner hanging her head in disgust, and the guy on the bottom right in the old white goathead jersey. :laugh:

PS. I bought a Habs jersey because they are my second favorite team and my least hated team in our division.......is that treasonous? :huh:

edit: I meant to say "treasonous", not "treacherous"

Last edited:
I like their logo and colors too, better than the slug (I only wear the Sabres vintage logo with the buffalo and crossed swords)

senrab said:
PS. I bought a Habs jersey because they are my second favorite team and my least hated team in our division.......is that treasonous? :huh:

edit: I meant to say "treasonous", not "treacherous"

Yes.

Buying the jersey of a team from another conference is one thing, but buying the jersey of a division rival is a definite no-no. :shame:

April, you have much to learn. :tsk:

DaveC said:

If the Nucks don't make the playoffs I will be throwing my support behind les Habitants. :up:

:up: Same here. I always root for them if the Canucks don't make it. They're the only other Canadian team I could ever truly get behind if my favourite was out.

There's still hope. :) Anything can happen in 4 games.

DaveC said:

Yes.

Buying the jersey of a team from another conference is one thing, but buying the jersey of a division rival is a definite no-no. :shame:

Meh.

:tongue:

DaveC said:

Yes.

Agreed. The Whale has been gone 10 years and I'd still sooner stick my nuts in a juicer before I'd wear a sweater of any old Adams Division team...just unacceptable.

Awesome game last night for the Canucks! :hi5: This is the team that I love to watch!

My bro was at the game, and we were talking as Trevor Linden scored his 2nd goal of the night. The building went nuts!

I'm still trying to get tickets for Thursday's game, but at this point it's highly doubtful we'll get them.

Well, with the Leafs out for another year, I am forced to support another team in the playoffs (as is the time honored tradition for Leafs fans). I will support the following teams in order of likeability:

1. Vancouver
2. Calgary
3. Edmonton
4. Montreal
5. Ottawa
6. All US teams :wink:

senrab said:

Indeed. I almost certainly would be a Nordiques or Jets fan right now if they had stuck around.

ThoraSEB said:
Awesome game last night for the Canucks! :hi5: This is the team that I love to watch!

My bro was at the game, and we were talking as Trevor Linden scored his 2nd goal of the night. The building went nuts!

I'm still trying to get tickets for Thursday's game, but at this point it's highly doubtful we'll get them.

Absolutely needed that win. I think the whole season will come down to tomorrow's game. Win against Colorado and the Nucks should be in, lose and it's looking pretty dire. :yikes:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Well, with the Leafs out for another year, I am forced to support another team in the playoffs (as is the time honored tradition for Leafs fans). I will support the following teams in order of likeability:

1. Vancouver
2. Calgary
3. Edmonton
4. Montreal
5. Ottawa
6. All US teams :wink:

Good choices, although Edmonton's not making the playoffs and Montreal ought to go above Calgary. :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:

:tsk: Tell me you would rather see the Leafs win the cup over a US team though?

I may dislike the Habs and the Senators but I would still rather see either of them win over a US team...

Montreal yes.

But I was rooting as hard as anyone for Anaheim in the finals last year. Fuck the Senators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom