The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi Vey

:banghead:

Come on Habs, I don't root for you often. But seeing as yous the last Canadian team in the playoffs, I am. So smarten the hell up.

Wonder if Fleury can get another shutout for Pittsburgh tomorrow? :hmm:

angelordevil said:
(Someone needs to ask why I think this is the case.) :waiting:

OK I'll bite :) That's a fast line anyway, the other winger (whose name I can't spell) has some wheels too.

Biron was phenomenal last night, and if he can keep that up there's no limit to where the Flyers can go...I'm loving it.

Wednesday night should be wild, I can't wait.

CTU2fan said:

OK I'll bite :)

2qk0wf5.jpg

:D

RavenBlue said:

Wonder if Fleury can get another shutout for Pittsburgh tomorrow? :hmm:

No shutout, but he played pretty well, from what I hear. Amazing that the Pens are undefeated in the playoffs, and now can sweep the Rangers in four. Are they the second coming of the Edmonton Oilers, a dynasty in the making...or will they flop when faced with adversity? Playoff drama. :drool:

There seems to be something special about the Pens. I would love to see them go all the way, but they've got to be careful and keep their egos in check. Or else they may wind up like the Habs.

angelordevil said:

Hardy har :)

Good thing we're getting some drama with Flyers/Habs as the other series look like they might be sweeps...at the very least, at 3-0, they're not in doubt.

I know I was still burning Carolina Hurricanes paraphernalia and sticking pins in my Gary Bettman voodoo doll...but you hate to see a series end on something like that.

BonoManiac said:
I certainly hope the Pens don't go all the way. Sidney Crosby will undoubtedly become a bigger douche than he already is. :down:

Absolutely - I've already decided I'll cheer for any team in the West over Pittsburgh.
Even Detroit :wink:

And yet I used to love the Pens when Mario played for them :love:

BonoManiac said:
It's Halak tonight!!! :ohmy:

You beat me to it! You're not watching The Score by any chance? :wink:

Ultimately, I think this could inspire Price when he does return. I think Halak will be steady tonight, but I'm betting the focus will be on the good start the Canadiens get off to. I think they tasted a momentum shift at the end of the last game...something that will carry through to game 4.

Speaking of :ohmy:...Sean Avery is out for the season with lacerated spleen.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I think everyone was still too busy crying in their beer over Gretzky's retirement to even give a damn over a silly little rule.

I'm still crying. :sad:

I saw this the other day. Still trying to figure it out. :scratch:

33lcwso.jpg

angelordevil said:

Ultimately, I think this could inspire Price when he does return.

Hope so but I felt he played best when he was the no.1 and not alternating with Huet.

Avery's gone - another reason to cheer for the Rangers!!

Grrr, Habs have plenty of chances to score and they always miss or shoot on Biron

Really bad luck because they're playing much better than the Flyers

ladywithspinninghead said:
this is the most frustrating hockey game ever! :banghead:

Tell me about it. :censored:

Edit: I don't even think I can watch this anymore. :madspit:

Last edited:
Of course, we now take a penalty at the worst possible time. :drool:

This game is giving me grey hairs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom