The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead said:
ETA: It's sounding increasingly likely that the rioters in question aren't actually hockey fans but anti-establishment individuals using the cover of the crowds to stir trouble

It usually is.

Well...not good. 3-1 lead, gone. 2-0 lead in a possible clinching game at home, gone. Caps have all the momentum and due to God-knows-what games 6&7 are back to back. Ice has been hideous in the Cap Center or whatever generic name is on it now...it was particularly bad on Saturday. But still, somehow, I have hope. Hope that somebody besides Danny Briere will decide to show up. Hope that for at least one night the refs' vendetta against Scottie Upshall can be put on hold. Hope that after building up the hopes of the Caps fans, the Flyers roll into DC and cruelly stomp them into submission (OK that was kind of mean huh? :wink: )

GO FLYERS!!! (and Flames :) )

Good game by Montreal last night, I'm glad to see at least one Canadian team advancing to the next round. I'm crossing my fingers Calgary will advance as well :pray:

BoMac, I realize you were excited last night but did you really need to torch 5 police cars?? :yikes:

So basically in the event a Habs/Wings final happens, somewhere in Detroit cars will be torched? That's encouraging :wink:

CTU2fan said:
So basically in the event a Habs/Wings final happens, somewhere in Detroit cars will be torched?

It's actually a ploy from General Motors. They encourage the people of Detroit to torch cars to help the local economy! You have to replace those torched cars you know!

elevated_u2_fan said:

I can't even imagine what would happen if the Leafs won the cup...

hell_freeze.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:
BoMac, I realize you were excited last night but did you really need to torch 5 police cars?? :yikes:

I know, but I blame it on all the pent up frustration I've had building up inside me ever since I was left out of Beav and NSW's "cruise." Last night could have easily been avoided! :sad:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:combust:

Just promise me you won't torch any cars if we win and you lose, that's a Detroiter's job. :kiss:

Listen, how disrespectful do you think I am? I would never impose myself like that to my gracious hosts! :tsk:

:wink:

I'm torn about tonight - I'd love Washington to go through as I'm fond of Huet and Ovechkin and think a Caps-Penguins match up would be brilliant but on the other hand a lot of people seem to think Montreal would have an easier time with Philly than with the Rangers :hmm:

(I hope you're right Bonomaniac and Montreal would have it easier with NYR!)

I'm torn about tonight - I'd love Washington to go through as I'm fond of Huet and Ovechkin and think a Caps-Penguins match up would be brilliant but on the other hand a lot of people seem to think Montreal would have an easier time with Philly than with the Rangers :hmm:

Many of these people are basing that on the fact that Montreal was 4-0 against Philly in the regular season and 1-4 against the Rangers—with their one win being that 5-goal miracle comeback.

And we all know how important a regular season record was in the Habs-Bruins series. :shrug:

I just think that Daniel Briere is on fire and he and his good friend Martin Biron will want to have a great series against their hometown. This is was scares me.

Biron is a Montrealer, you're right - I forgot, and we all know how well they do when playing against their hometown, esp. goalies!
But he has appeared shaky lately and Lundquist has been amazing - just today he was nominated for the Vezina.

I think Philly will be tougher and rougher but overall I think there's more quality players with the Rangers - Jagr, Shanahan, etc

If Avery thinks his antics are going to distract Price, he's in for a surprise! :lol:

Anyway, overall I hope you're right as I'm looking for any excuse to cheer for Washington and for Philly to be eliminated! :up:

Last edited:
Actually Marty is from Quebec City.

Great penalty kill by the Caps at the end of the 1st period.

BonoManiac said:

Yes, like that one. :mad:

If it makes you feel better, he sucked the rest of the time he played. Miller ended up getting overworked because Lindy Ruff knew he couldn't count on T-Bo.

I can't believe how nervous I am :sick:

FLYERS WIN!

senrab said:

Miller ended up getting overworked because Lindy Ruff knew he couldn't count on T-Bo.

Can we really count on anyone named T-Bo?

The Flames/Sharks game seven is starting!....wooooo!

WOOOOOOOO!

woooooo?

Hope Calgary knocks 'em out...without the rioting after-party. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom