The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes without saying that his return to health is what's important. I of all people need not be reminded of that.

Was just wondering why you or anyone else would wish harm on an athlete. Now I know your reason for doing so.

a few years ago, upon my drafting of steve smith one pick ahead of his in our fantasy football league, my friend wished a broken leg upon him. less than a week later it happened. since that day i wish harm upon one of his players, and i do wish that player breaks his leg. it's a tradition.

a few years ago, upon my drafting of steve smith one pick ahead of his in our fantasy football league, my friend wished a broken leg upon him. less than a week later it happened. since that day i wish harm upon one of his players, and i do wish that player breaks his leg. it's a tradition.

I think that's fair until it actually happens. Karma and all.

An by the way, every single player on the Pats would gladly trade that 16-0 mark in, and the stats, and the single season records, for a SB ring.

you mean this ring?

1207173316.jpg

yea they'd probably rather have that. i agree.

I wish I had the proper words to express my disgust with Kornheiser. The other two want to call the game and let Favre's absence serve as a backdrop. Kornheiser wants to talk about Favre all night long.

Rogers completes a long pass and Tony says "THAT is the exact kind of pass Favre would have thrown". Jesus Christ.

This really is a tough listen for me, cos ESPN can't ever just show you the fucking game.

ETA - ....aaaaaand Jaworski just told Kornheiser "to let it go" re: Favre comparisons, etc. I'll now shut up about Kornheiser shutting up, sorry.

ironicly enough... belichick had always put brady on the injured report, even when he wasn't injured, to play psychological mind games with the other teams... then he takes brady off the injured list for the first time before that game, and he ends up blowing out his knee and being out for the season.

Well, you gotta at least admire them for saying what they really think, even though it's rude, and not pretend to be concerned when they're not. The Colts boards are all acting like they're sad but I bet most of them are cheering on the inside. I guess Colts and Steelers dislike the Pats even more than their division rivals because they are the ones in the playoffs with them every year. I wonder what the Denver fans are saying? Really, their strongest rivals should not want him hurt, because then everybody will always say 'if Brady was in there he'd have beat you.' So it's better to beat them with Brady in there like the Giants did.

I'm sure there are a lot of fans saying the same thing, just as I'm sure there are a lot of fans who feel bad he got hurt.

That's just the way it is - every team has its share of douchebag fans.

Well, you gotta at least admire them for saying what they really think, even though it's rude, and not pretend to be concerned when they're not. The Colts boards are all acting like they're sad but I bet most of them are cheering on the inside. I guess Colts and Steelers dislike the Pats even more than their division rivals because they are the ones in the playoffs with them every year. I wonder what the Denver fans are saying?

Sorry, don't admire them for being thrilled that he's injured and out for the year. I'm not sad that he's hurt, but I sure as hell am not cheering, and clearly I'm not pretending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom