The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Redskins pull out a victory from the jaws of defeat. Beautiful 67 yard pass to Moss pushed us ahead, and a tipped ball for an interception sealed the deal. Very nice improvement from last week.

Pats/Farves is on right now. Should be good.

I knew this was a pattern, but, did not know that it was going on for so long:

For 12 straight years now, at least 5 teams have made the NFL's post-season that were not there the year before.

what the hell happened in the green bay detroit game? one second it's a 1 point game in the 4th, i look back and green bay's up 23

The Packers got Kitna'd.

Kitna.jpg

After a slow start with lots of mistakes and missed opportunities, the 'Niners have woken up, somewhat. Beautiful 63-yard pass from J.T. O'Sullivan to Isaac Bruce set up a touchdown at the end of the half.

Late Seahawks FG makes it a one-TD game. Oh, and this just in: it's really loud at Qwest Field. :huh:

Headache, I could not watch the Giants, was stuck with Bears/Panthers and Colts/Vikings.....how'd Eli look? Jacobs?

it's tough to say because the rams were just awful.

eli looked very good at times, but still had the same old eli overthrows a few times. thankfully it seems that the over-throws are in situations that don't lead to INT's thus far... hopefully it stays that way. 20-29 for 260 and 3 TD's and he coulda played better... tells ya how much the rams blow. also, one of eli's completions was lefty. that's right. lefty. he was about to go down, wrapped up... but in his typical ellliusive fashion (see what i did there? :hi5: ) he switched hands with the ball and threw a 5 yard pass to jacobs lefty to avoid the sack.

the giants stable of running backs is going to piss a lot of fantasy people off, because all three of them are very, very good (not to mention the line is amazing right now) thus they're all gonna share carries. case in point... jacobs had 93 yards (6.2 avg), ward had 54 yards (7.3 avg) and bradshaw had 52 yards (10.4 avg) and two touchdowns (one on the ground, one in the air). all in all.. 201 yards rushing on just 28 carries, and a pair of TD's.

the D-line dominated all facets of the game... especially justin tuck, who's INT return for a touchdown will be shown over and over again tonight. he put his hands straight up to defelect the pass, caught his own deflection and rumbled in for the touchdown. he then proceeded to rip out mark bulger's heart and eat his children, praise be to allah.

overall i can't complain... 2-0 to start the season and an easy stretch of schedule up until they face your fearsome pittsburgh steelers. anything short of 5-1 going into that game will be a disapointment, and honestly they should go into that stretch of pittsburgh, dallas and philly 6-0. and that's 11 straight on the road. :hi5:

Jay Cutler fumble + premature whistle = lulz in favor of the Broncos

Norv Turner has the worst luck in the world. His team was screwed at least twice on challenged calls.

it's tough to say because the rams were just awful.

eli looked very good at times, but still had the same old eli overthrows a few times. thankfully it seems that the over-throws are in situations that don't lead to INT's thus far... hopefully it stays that way. 20-29 for 260 and 3 TD's and he coulda played better... tells ya how much the rams blow. also, one of eli's completions was lefty. that's right. lefty. he was about to go down, wrapped up... but in his typical ellliusive fashion (see what i did there? :hi5: ) he switched hands with the ball and threw a 5 yard pass to jacobs lefty to avoid the sack.

the giants stable of running backs is going to piss a lot of fantasy people off, because all three of them are very, very good (not to mention the line is amazing right now) thus they're all gonna share carries. case in point... jacobs had 93 yards (6.2 avg), ward had 54 yards (7.3 avg) and bradshaw had 52 yards (10.4 avg) and two touchdowns (one on the ground, one in the air). all in all.. 201 yards rushing on just 28 carries, and a pair of TD's.

the D-line dominated all facets of the game... especially justin tuck, who's INT return for a touchdown will be shown over and over again tonight. he put his hands straight up to defelect the pass, caught his own deflection and rumbled in for the touchdown. he then proceeded to rip out mark bulger's heart and eat his children, praise be to allah.

overall i can't complain... 2-0 to start the season and an easy stretch of schedule up until they face your fearsome pittsburgh steelers. anything short of 5-1 going into that game will be a disapointment, and honestly they should go into that stretch of pittsburgh, dallas and philly 6-0. and that's 11 straight on the road. :hi5:

Thanks, appreciated. Hard to look at the stats against a team like the Rams and discern the truth of it all.

I fucking hate with the Steelers and Giants play one another.

in all honesty, major injuries aside... if the giants were to go .500 against pittsburgh, carolina, minnesota and the remainder fo their NFC East games, they could still end up going 12-4, not 'cause they're neccesarily that good, but because their schedule is cake.

hey, btw... in case you didn't remember, the jets are now the team to beat in the afc east :happy:

The Steelers/Browns game is a mess. The weather is advantageous to Pittsburgh, however, because they are less reliant on their passing game.

I love how NFL writers always overuse the word "era" in their articles, but it's even more funny when using it to describe the Patriots lately. I just read two articles where one writer used "the post-Tom Brady era" and the other said simply "the Matt Cassel era".

Yeah, I can understand it if the previous quarterback is done for good (despite my aforementioned overuse of the damn word), but to utilize it in this context is hilarious.

You'd think professional writers would have a better vocabulary.

And by the premier official in the league...Ed Hochuli...:dumbelllifter:

I am just about calmed down enough to even think about the total azz rape the Chargers were handed by Mr Big Guns Hochuli today. :mad::madwife: Seriously, the guy needs to put down the dumb bells, and pick up a rule book.

The first call in the beginning of the game, when Chambers was down and THEN the ball got loose and they let the Broncos run it in for a touchdown was bad enough. AND the replay tv wasn't working so they couldn't review it. What are the chances?? I know bad calls are part of the game, and 7 points any decent team can overcome with enough time. But that last call was just complete insanity. Even Jay Cutler couldn't believe it. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom