The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob Cole annoys the hell out of me even though he is the voice of HNIC and a fellow Newfoundlander. Harry Neale makes my ears bleed.

The only NHL game I watched this season was Toronto-Montreal this past Saturday.

I am presently watching the Ottawa-Pittsburgh game. Did the refs change the way they call penalties this season. That two-man advantage call for Ottawa was for roughing and cross-checking? Wow, that was nothing, a swipe with a glove and a one inch crosscheck to push the guy against the boards. I hope this isn't the new NHL people talk about cause those calls were awful, I have seen toddlers hit harder than that.

Why doesn't CBC show the whole PP time anymore?

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Did the refs change the way they call penalties this season. That two-man advantage call for Ottawa was for roughing and cross-checking? Wow, that was nothing, a swipe with a glove and a one inch crosscheck to push the guy against the boards. I hope this isn't the new NHL people talk about cause those calls were awful, I have seen toddlers hit harder than that.

Did anyone hit Crosby? That's an automatic penalty, Touching Crosby. Currently a two minute minor, but next year it be a 5 minute major, just to prove a point.

UberBeaver said:

Did anyone hit Crosby? That's an automatic penalty, Touching Crosby. Currently a two minute minor, but next year it be a 5 minute major, just to prove a point.

:lol:

So I'm the only one here who predicted Ottawa would take this series. Anyone want to reconsider their predictions now?? :sexywink:

Currently 5-1 :drool:

ladywithspinninghead said:

So I'm the only one here who predicted Ottawa would take this series. Anyone want to reconsider their predictions now?? :sexywink:

It's only the first game. Things can change in a hurry in the playoffs. Just ask the New York Yankees:wink:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Meh, only first game. First game jitters for whole Pittsburgh youth in front of hostile crowd. Game ones mean nothing in playoffs. But yeah, I didn't like the outcome although I haven't picked any Penguins in my playoff pool. I just went for the upset pick. :D

BonoManiac said:

It's only the first game. Things can change in a hurry in the playoffs. Just ask the New York Yankees:wink:

What an awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

WOOT! The scrubiest Shark wins it. Gotta admit I thought they were done when they blew a 2 goal lead with 10 mins to go. HUGE road victory!!

The Pens looked awful out there. Ottawa came ready to play and they just laid the beatdown right from the get go. It's only game one, and I think the Pens are a team that can adapt pretty quickly, but wow, I was impressed by the Sens.

Playoff hockey. :drool:

Did Vancouver win?

Ottawa were raring to go from second one and they never let up. Great hockey. Did anyone see Crosby mouth the f-word when they took away his weird push it into the net with my foot goal? Now now Siddy, yous a rolemodel now ;)

Yes, in 4th OT... :yikes:

RavenBlue said:
Did anyone see Crosby mouth the f-word when they took away his weird push it into the net with my foot goal? Now now Siddy, yous a rolemodel now ;)

That was pretty funny... It's kinda like Gretzky "coaching" the Coyotes (if there is such a thing)... I didn't know he knew how to swear... :ohmy:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Yes, in 4th OT... :yikes:

Which is the reason for my being so tired today. It would have been worth the lack of sleep had the Stars pulled it out. :mad:

The Stars played a game that went into a 5th overtime with the Ducks a few years ago in the second round I believe. I was at that game. It was exhausting.

inmyplace13 said:

Which is the reason for my being so tired today. It would have been worth the lack of sleep had the Stars pulled it out. :mad:

The Stars played a game that went into a 5th overtime with the Ducks a few years ago in the second round I believe. I was at that game. It was exhausting.

I can imagine, I got tired out after watching the first two periods... :wink:

I thought the first night of the playoffs was one of the best night ones in years. Except for the one blowout game, the others were very exciting.

The Canuck game ended 5am Newfoundland time. And I bet some people actually stayed up all night watching the bloody thing.:ohmy:

Hopefully, that was Luongo's only soft goal allowed for this series.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Bob Cole annoys the hell out of me even though he is the voice of HNIC and a fellow Newfoundlander. Harry Neale makes my ears bleed.

I actually don't mind Bob. If you listen closely, his pitch and intonation perfectly mirror the flow of each game he announces. When he sounds bored and dreary, the game is usually going at about the same rate...when it picks up, he also springs to life. It's like a science!

Don Cherry...now he bugs me!

trevster2k said:
The Canuck game ended 5am Newfoundland time. And I bet some people actually stayed up all night watching the bloody thing.:ohmy:

I'm not that dedicated...yet. :wink: If the Canucks make the finals, I may have to consider my options, and bolster my coffee supply. The last time I did that was for the Gretzky-era LA Kings in the playoffs. I'd routinely stay up late on school nights just to catch the games. I was such a fan of theirs, and especially Gretzky. I wanted him to win a cup so badly :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom