The 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, let's get back on the races, which is what counts.............
It's the turn of the legendary SPA FRANCORCHAMPS!!

Ferrari looks pretty unstoppable for tomorrow, Kimi and Felipe are 1 and 2, Alonso 3 and Lewis 4
Other big chance for Fernando to reduce the gap!
In the last 2 times Kimi won here, so.....................................

Bernie and the FIA have been in bed with Ferrari for some time now. I'm barely surprised by any eccentric things Bernie has his hands in these days, but this fine still managed to suprise me.

However, I also realize industrial espionage is a very real part of F1. The teams are all observing, spying on, and trying to copy each other or use the advantages gained by rivals to improve their own programs. That said, McLaren got caught doing some pretty heavy shit, and I'm sure another team will at some way down the line as well.

Hey, I looked at the qualy and the final results for Spa and I thought I was reading the same things.

Kimi-Massa-Alonso-Hamburger
Kimi-Massa-Alonso-Hamburger
:|

It's just a shame that one of the closest-fought championships in years has resulted in some pretty boring racing. Did McLaren get team points? Or are they gone from that for the year?

Canadiens1160 said:
Bernie and the FIA have been in bed with Ferrari for some time now. I'm barely surprised by any eccentric things Bernie has his hands in these days, but this fine still managed to suprise me.

However, I also realize industrial espionage is a very real part of F1. The teams are all observing, spying on, and trying to copy each other or use the advantages gained by rivals to improve their own programs. That said, McLaren got caught doing some pretty heavy shit, and I'm sure another team will at some way down the line as well.

Again sleeping in the bed............................... :shrug:
Old story, old smoke..................................

This time it wasn't at all a "just spying your flap" thing. Have you read the E Mails? They had every information about Ferrari, boy, McLaren got 780 pages of how Ferrari was built! I mean................is this a comedy show, or what...........
McLaren knew even when at Ferrari they were flushing down the water at the toilet........................ This is no spying anymore, this is even living someone else's life, I would say!

I'm not defending McLaren's actions, clearly they were wrong. But this industrial espionage shit has been going on with teams in F1 for donkeys years. And it's not a big secret that Max and his cronies created a witchhunt.

At least it's over now and Renault can sit in the hot seat for awhile.

What's everyone's view on Alonso's tactics at the start? I'm surprised he didn't take himself and Hamilton out after the first corner.

race start - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLiR8ERui_M

Last edited:
Revised 2008 calendar.

16 March Australia
23 March Malaysia
06 April Bahrain
27 April Spain
11 May Turkey
25 May Monaco
08 June Canada*
22 June France
06 July Great Britain
20 July Germany
03 August Hungary
24 August Europe***
07 September Belgium
14 September Italy
28 September Singapore
12 October Japan
19 October China
02 November Brazil

* Provisional
** Subject to circuit approval
*** The 2008 European Grand Prix will take place in Valencia.

What's with Canada saying *Provisional?

Slipstream said:
What's with Canada saying *Provisional?
Bernie's usual bullshit. The Canadian GP circuit does need some facility upgrades, but then again most F1 tracks do. Barring, of course, the multitude of ultra-modern facilities cropping up in the far east, each designed with the same unemotional, inhumane touch of Hermann Tilke.

The same guy who ruined Hockenheimring is now building all the new circuits :|

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:
sorry... but what exactly does money have to do with stealing all Ferrari's shit?

Oh my, do you think Nigel Stepney did the whole thing GRATIS?
Do you think all the involved ones didn't have their nice part of money?
Do you think Ron Dennis didn't pay a "couple" of commissions?
Do you think there wouldn't have been loud recompenses at the end of the championship? Wins bring money.

Boy, F1 moves more money than the same World Bank, and you say what has money to do?
Money is always in the centre of everything

COBL_04 said:
oh my bad lol :reject:

hows about making the cars able to overtake? thatd be sick as.

Look, if I got a project of a thing you're working on, then I can say:

"Oh, look, he has done it in this way, this is the weak point, this is the strong point, let me make it in this way!"

And moreover, McLaren had also all the results of Ferrari's tyre tests. Strange case, but evry other team who was with Michelin last year had tons of troubles this year to go well with Bridgestone (which became the only tyre provider) Just McLaren could go not only well, but incredibly majestic with the tyres. Where did they get all this? How was it possible that they had dates of past years, if they had Michelin? So, when you have all the infos about a competitor, it's a kid game to know all their imperfections, all their weak points, and to build your car in another way, and probably even a faster car.....................this is unfair

They have built the car with Ferrari's projects under their eyes, they knew everything about them, it wasn't so difficult to make a faster car......................

I don't know if anyone caught the Japanese Grand Prix last week, but the last lap had some of the most exciting racing I've seen in a long time. A torrential downpour, and even though Hamilton won by a good margin, the racing between the Renault & Ferrari's for 2nd & 3rd, and 5th & 6th was unreal. Raikkonen made a great move to get past Coulthard for 3rd and you had a feeling he was gonna push Kovalainen in the final laps even in poor conditions. And he did. On the final lap, he was all over the track trying to get past the Renault, just missing wiping out numerous times. At one point, he made a great move and seemed to get past Kovalainen when suddenly the camera switched. The announcer goes "No! Don't cut away now!", but it was hard to tell what happened because they had cut to the other insane match going on with Massa's Ferrari & Fisichella's Renault, making it tough to know that these were two different cars. But while Kovalainen somehow held on to beat Raikkonen by 1 second, Massa and Fisichella were neck and neck through the final turns and were both all over the track, crossing over the grass coming back then passing each other again. It was as good as it gets. All four drivers pushing it to the absolute limit in pouring rain. Fisichella holding off Massa in the end by a TENTH of a second. A few inches difference. Unbelievable.

It was a really exciting race with lots and lots and lots of action. The safetycar had a really busy day that day too. :wink:

Two more races to go....

Man rain again! This is the best F1 season in recent memory. Alonso is only four points off the World Championship lead, with Hamilton trying to hold on.

I'm all about Lewis, but this makes things very very interesting in Brazil. I <3 inter-term drama. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

^^Have you been checking out Jacques' Nascar endeavours?

I'm on tenterhooks for this final race. The crappy thing is that I'll be holidays and my flight gets in 30 mins into the race.

Obviously Hamilton is in a good spot and a lot has to happen for him to lose the championship, but it's certainly very possible and makes this race one to look forward to :up:

I like the fact 3 drivers are still in the running, and that 2 of them are in McLarens and one Ferrari. Could get interesting :hmm:

I love a season ending like this, and this is between teammates. Man, McLaren really breeds the inter-driver competition, don't they? :D

There are reports in the German media that Alonso has signed a letter of intent to drive for Renault next year. Oh the drama :drool:

Did any of you hear about the independent observer that the FIA is going to place with McLaren during the Brazilian Grand Prix. What's with that? What's this observer going to do? How will he be able to tell if everything is being handled fair? :huh:

All I know is the FIA is appointing an observer to basically make sure that neither Hamilton or Alonso gets a competitive advantage, and there are no "team orders" to let one driver win so they don't hit each other and lose McLaren the drivers' champ.

This is it guys, last weekend of the season and WHAT a season it has been....

Code:
Brazilian GP - Friday - Practice Session 2 Results

Friday Practice Session 2
POS 	DRIVER 	NATIONALITY 	ENTRANT 	TIME
1. 	Lewis Hamilton 	Britain 	McLaren-Mercedes 	1:12.767
2. 	Fernando Alonso 	Spain 	McLaren-Mercedes 	1:12.889
3. 	Felipe Massa 	Brazil 	Ferrari 	1:13.075
4. 	Kimi Raikkonen 	Finland 	Ferrari 	1:13.112
5. 	Giancarlo Fisichella 	Italy 	Renault 	1:13.549
6. 	Robert Kubica 	Poland 	BMW Sauber 	1:13.587
7. 	Nico Rosberg 	Germany 	Williams-Toyota 	1:13.655
8. 	Kazuki Nakajima 	Japan 	Williams-Toyota 	1:13.664
9. 	David Coulthard 	Britain 	Red Bull-Renault 	1:13.706
10. 	Nick Heidfeld 	Germany 	BMW Sauber 	1:13.785
11. 	Ralf Schumacher 	Germany 	Toyota 	1:13.829
12. 	Heikki Kovalainen 	Finland 	Renault 	1:13.879
13. 	Rubens Barrichello 	Brazil 	Honda 	1:13.892
14. 	Jenson Button 	Britain 	Honda 	1:14.095
15. 	Vitantonio Liuzzi 	Italy 	Toro Rosso-Ferrari 	1:14.152
16. 	Jarno Trulli 	Italy 	Toyota 	1:14.179
17. 	Sebastian Vettel 	Germany 	Toro Rosso-Ferrari 	1:14.409
18. 	Takuma Sato 	Japan 	Super Aguri-Honda 	1:14.431
19. 	Anthony Davidson 	Britain 	Super Aguri-Honda 	1:14.477
20. 	Mark Webber 	Australia 	Red Bull-Renault 	1:14.543
21. 	Adrian Sutil 	Germany 	Spyker-Ferrari 	1:15.095
22. 	Sakon Yamamoto 	Japan 	Spyker-Ferrari 	1:15.715

Better set the DVR. May not make it up in time tomorrow morning. :wink:

Hamilton is in good position, but another gaffe like China could cost him dearly. He is a rookie :huh:

And almost a half second lap difference between the McLaren's and Ferrari doesn't bode well for Raikkonen.

Hopefully this turns out as good as it's looking right now. :hyper:

Code:
POS	DRIVER			NATIONALITY	ENTRANT			TIME
1	Felipe Massa		Brazil		Ferrari			01:11.93
2	Lewis Hamilton		Britain		McLaren-Mercedes	01:12.08
3	Kimi Raikkonen		Finland		Ferrari			01:12.32
4	Fernando Alonso		Spain		McLaren-Mercedes	01:12.36
5	Mark Webber		Australia	Red Bull-Renault	01:12.93
6	Nick Heidfeld		Germany		BMW Sauber		01:13.08
7	Robert Kubica		Poland		BMW Sauber		01:13.13
8	Jarno Trulli		Italy		Toyota			01:13.20
9	David Coulthard		Britain		Red Bull-Renault	01:13.27
10	Nico Rosberg		Germany		Williams-Toyota		01:13.48
11	Rubens Barrichello	Brazil		Honda			01:12.93
12	Giancarlo Fisichella	Italy		Renault			01:12.97
13	Sebastian Vettel	Germany		Toro Rosso-Ferrari	01:13.06
14	Vitantonio Liuzzi	Italy		Toro Rosso-Ferrari	01:13.25
15	Ralf Schumacher		Germany		Toyota			01:13.32
16	Jenson Button		Britain		Honda			01:13.47
17	Heikki Kovalainen	Finland		Renault			01:14.08
18	Takuma Sato		Japan		Super Aguri-Honda	01:14.10
19	Kazuki Nakajima		Japan		Williams-Toyota		01:14.42
20	Anthony Davidson	Britain		Super Aguri-Honda	01:14.60
21	Adrian Sutil		Germany		Spyker-Ferrari		01:15.22
22	Sakon Yamamoto		Japan		Spyker-Ferrari		01:15.49

Ooh, thought the first post was final qualifying. Now it looks like we've really got something good tomorrow. DVR is set :up:

Massa won Brazil last year, right?

Back
Top Bottom