Thanks Whiney Babies, you killed ......... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2002, 06:49 PM   #46
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:14 PM

Well, Dano...how do you think Bono would feel about the way several people go about trying to make a point in FYM?

FYM has had some wonderful debates...but I think people need to learn to respect other people's opinions and to debate in a civilized manner.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-30-2002, 06:59 PM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature. And having witnessed the level of education in most American schools I doubt it will ever change in my lifetime. At least change to a level that will make the more demanding scholars happy.

Bring it back! Or you'll upset those members that don't even want to hear about this stuff. It's better to have the FYM forum and have the animals duke it out in a confind area than to have them pissing off mainstream users in other forums like Everything You Know is Wrong and Lemonade Stand.

Old 07-30-2002, 07:01 PM   #48
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature.
Well, it seems that juvenile tactics = juvenile punishment ("time out", as Sicy said).

Maybe some people will think twice before some of the things they post once FYM is back.

Really...we all need to respect each other and their opinions. THAT should be human nature.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-30-2002, 07:08 PM   #49
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Really...we all need to respect each other and their opinions. THAT should be human nature.
I agree BC...

I hardly ever visited FYM before because of the things that went on there
Old 07-30-2002, 07:09 PM   #50
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:14 PM

Yeah what Bonochick said.

Dont worry it will be back.. quit your damn whining already.

If this doesnt teach people a lesson then I'm going to take harsher action than just warning people.

BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF THE STUPID FIGHTING AND NAME CALLING AND ARGUING!! Just because its called Free Your Mind does not give people the right to talk so much trash. I dont see this much shit talked in any other forum. People need to learn how to DISCUSS and DEBATE in a calm matter or you lose your priveledge.. its that simple. Dont forget this is a U2 forum and supposably we are all U2 fans here.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:12 PM   #51
Refugee

BC, ABEL, you're right. It SHOULD be human nature, but it's NOT.

I've said my opinion. You can take it or leave it, just remember that's what I think.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #52
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Believe me, Dano, we all know how you feel now.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:35 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

*takes one of DrTeeth's beers*

Consider it a vacation, folks. No worries...it will be back. In the meantime, let's play tiddly-winks. (Actually, I don't even know if that's a real game...is it? )

Old 07-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #54
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Old 07-30-2002, 07:46 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

cooooool! Ya learn something new every day.

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw!

Old 07-30-2002, 07:47 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Ah well...I needed a break anyway from that place. I must admit that FYM had spiraled into nothing but personal insults. Issues pretty much became secondary to vendettas.

Well, during FYM's hiatus, I shall do other, more productive things. It's not the end of the world. It's a forum, for God's sake! I really hope none of you leave over something as silly as this, because I've enjoyed most all of your company, allies and opponents alike.

Everyone relax and spend some time with loved ones. I'm sure they've missed you all in your bickering...lol.

Melon
Old 07-30-2002, 08:37 PM   #57
The Fly

Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw!
Good job, Sula.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:38 PM   #58
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:14 PM
i really don't see what the big deal about FYM going away for a bit is. i know a lot of members on here solely or mostly posted on that forum, but come on. this is a U2 site. sure, it's nice to not have to only talk about U2 here, but it's a U2 forum, and one should join a forum expecting to only be able to talk about that site's subject. if you want to have current events debates, why not go to cnn.com or something?

this is the only forum i've ever seen there be major problems in throughout the whole forum, so i'm honestly not surprised this happened. i'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. i know a lot of the FYM posters will probably be pissed off at what i said. i believe martha said it best...

Quote:
This was what I thought might happen. So many people just posted in the political forum. You rarely saw them in the forums that had much to do with the band or the music. I wondered what they were doing here in the first place.
this is a private forum. we don't even pay to be a member here. elvis and all the other admins/mods can have whatever forums on here they want. sure, i might be slightly disappointed that i can't talk about off-topic stuff anymore (like the LS topics), but i really can't get my knickers in a wad over it. there are other forums to discuss these things, and if i must discuss them, i can do it there.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:42 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:14 PM

Iam STILL willing to field the GRANDER questions during the interim..ahem..

DB9
Old 07-30-2002, 08:45 PM   #60
BAW
The Flower

once again, I agree with Khanada

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

this is a private forum. we don't even pay to be a member here. elvis and all the other admins/mods can have whatever forums on here they want.