Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
2. American chocolate is simply shithouse compared to ... anywhere else, really. I had to bring over an entire bag full of Australian confectionery when I went to the US because some folk there wanted it so badly.
My friend who's now living in Chicago, always wants me to send Aussie chocs to her...

Dammit, phone rang. Now I'll be like 4 pages behind...

the tourist said:

Huh. I've never experienced this. I like just putting on my headphones and watching the movie.

I never used to, but the last two or three years have been hell for me when flying. When I went to Auckland for the U2 gigs, I thought I was going to fucking die, my head hurt so much on landing.

Varitek said:
the most beautiful things i've ever seen from the air are several sunsets, the grand canyon and surrounding terrain, and the very very torquoise mediteranean ocean.

also landing at lax at night is pretty incredible, the lights go on as far as you can see.

I'm just getting more and more reasons to fly around other countries.

Varitek said:
the most beautiful things i've ever seen from the air are several sunsets, the grand canyon and surrounding terrain, and the very very torquoise mediteranean ocean.

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen is my girlfriend. :cute:

Axver said:

I never used to, but the last two or three years have been hell for me when flying. When I went to Auckland for the U2 gigs, I thought I was going to fucking die, my head hurt so much on landing.

ibuprofen and dramamine. And chew gum so your equilibrium will catch up quicker (gum makes your ears pop).

coolian2 said:

Your one shortcoming (apart from the eggs and peanuts)

Maybe it's just from all the effort of having to control gravity and the plane relative to it. :wink:

coolian2 said:

She's reading over your shoulder, isn't she?

Actually no, she's at practice for the musical she's in. That's why our date was so early.

the tourist said:

It's because I'll be going to bed early. I planned it this way. I'm planning my victories around sleep.

I'm still going to beat you.

I hope.

Varitek said:
ian how do you become a pilot there? here pretty much the only route is to join the air force

As far as i understand, have good ears and eyes. You can learn to fly through universities so that you can do it on a student loan and then spend time getting hours somehow until somebody wants to hire you.

Sounds like fun to me

Axver said:

Maybe it's just from all the effort of having to control gravity and the plane relative to it. :wink:

That would be a headache.

There is no theory of evolution: just a list of creatures the Axver allows to live.

the tourist said:

ibuprofen and dramamine. And chew gum so your equilibrium will catch up quicker (gum makes your ears pop).

Air New Zealand gives out lollies, so those at least help. I suspect I actually have some sort of problem with my sinuses. Should get it checked out ...

Axver said:

I'm still going to beat you.

I hope.

You may!

The Axver once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

the Axver does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. The Axver goes killing.

The Axver is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects the Axver could use to kill you, including the room itself.

Axver said:
Yeah... god help us if people realise planes are heavy and that flight operates purely on willpower... :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom