Survivor:Cook Islands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nate will rue the day he thought it'd be a good idea to vote Brad off last week. Now he knows damn well he's toast with the new white alliance in control. Maybe he can turn 2 people against Jonathan but I doubt it; they all voted Jenny off without even needing to plan.

I hope they never merge...Raro sucks :(

Actually, a merge right now would be sweet since Nate would probably join the Aitu group realizing that he is now out of the loop with his own tribe. He was the only one who didn't vote for Jenny. They would have numbers. They could kick out Raro at will regardless of individual immunities which Yul, Ozzy or Aitu would probably have the best chance of winning anyway.

Of course, easier said than done since how many times have we seen alliances crumble in the past despite the best laid plans.

In the preview for next week's episode, we saw Yul disclose to Ozzy that he had the hidden immunity idol.

Perhaps there is a merge next week, and if so, it would be great strategy for the Aitu tribe to try and convince the 5 from Raro to vote Yul off first. Then, Aitu can vote for whoever they would prefer to get rid of, and when the vote comes in for Yul, he uses the immunity idol, and the person that Aitu wanted off gets the boot instead.

Then they are even at four a piece and have a great shot of getting to the final four as they prefer.

phanan said:
In the preview for next week's episode, we saw Yul disclose to Ozzy that he had the hidden immunity idol.

Perhaps there is a merge next week, and if so, it would be great strategy for the Aitu tribe to try and convince the 5 from Raro to vote Yul off first. Then, Aitu can vote for whoever they would prefer to get rid of, and when the vote comes in for Yul, he uses the immunity idol, and the person that Aitu wanted off gets the boot instead.

Then they are even at four a piece and have a great shot of getting to the final four as they prefer.
I was thinking similarly.
If say Ozzy wins individual immunity in this scenario, certainly the CandyAss alliance would go after Yul, and the Michelle Kwan alliance could then take Adam (who is no Boston Rob, Rob physically dominated allstars, Adam shows me little) out and the CandyAss alliance should crumble as Jonathan tries to get back in good with Yul, Aquaman and Michelle Kwan, hopefully to no avail.

Jonathan is going to have a tough time winning over the jury if he makes it that far.

He is a smart player, it should be an interesting last few weeks seeing Yul and Jonathan try to outwit each other.

Adam, Candice and Pavarti are clueless and have no game strategy whatsoever or so it seems. Pretty interesting how they dismiss the ability of Yul to get the idol after one visit to the island.

Smart move on Jonathan's part to keep himself as he said, aligned with the idol.

Yeah, but he must realize he's not going to win it now.

I would have told the others Yul had the idol and voted around him. Then he actually gains their trust even more, and they would have had a tremendous advantage. I don't think it was very smart at all.

At first I didn't think it was a good idea for Yul to tell him, especially after Ozzy won the immunity. He must have realized they'd vote him out next, so all his alliance would have had to do is vote whoever they wanted off, and they'd at least be even.

But I guess they were looking for an advantage right away, and it paid off. Now Yul is in really good shape - he doesn't have to use the idol right away.

Last edited:
Well, I would vote off Jonathan next just to get rid of him since he has the most people skills (ok, relative to the others on Raro) and could screw up the game at any time. They would still have numbers. Aitu has a better chance than most previous alliances of sticking together to the final four due to the mutiny thing and plus the lack of game by the menage a trois. But who knows?

Voting around Yul was an option but Jonathan realizes at some point (unless you want the person with the idol to get to the finals without having to use the idol), you have to vote for Yul. Plus the other 4 (including Nate at the time) would have to vote out Yul at some point He figures he is the target of the other alliances vote so when that day comes, he will be eliminated.

This way he figures by being on the idol alliance team, he won't be the default person being eliminated with second highest number of votes. Plus Yul would know it was Jonathan who sold him out even if he was the last one left from Aitu after they booted Ozzy, Becky and Sundra. Yul ain't stupid and would realize it the minute they voted around him that Jonathan betrayed him a second time. Yul would be the lone vote for Jonathan, use the idol after the votes were read against him and bye bye Jonathan.

Last edited:
I cant believe I only now found out that Yul lives like 10 min away from me :laugh:

Jonathan is digging a grave for himself. I dont think he'll last much longer.

If anyone has a brain, they'll now want to take Jonathan to the final two. In some shows that backfires and the jury votes for the sleaze; however, given the intelligence and sophistication level of several of these players, I don't see them voting in favor of strategy.
I'm sad Nate is gone as he was a funny one-liner kinda guy.

DId I not say Nate would be sorry?

Well now it gets interesting. Jonathan needs to go, ditto Candice and Adam. Parvati is OK I guess. I wonder what Yul's ultimate plan is? I do think taking Jonathan with him to the finals is smart, but knowing him that isn't his goal; he seems to smart to just disclose his plans. Brilliant, telling Jonathan about the idol, now he gets to save it a bit longer. Yul is a smart cat :)

I still hope Ozzy wins though.

I KNEW IT!

I haven't watched the show yet. But I don't care. I said it earlier in this thread. Nate is in BIG trouble. And now he's gone. I'm pissed. I'm so sick of Jonathan. AHH. GET HIM OFF! He should have been off the day they friggin mutiny'ed. URGHHH!!!!

And I'm pissed.

I think those that feel betrayed by Jonathan will realize the reasoning for his actions when they watch this episode.....he was up against the wall.....if he doesn't side with Yul, he risks being ejected by the hidden idol at a later time. If Yul uses the idol here (because Raro was dumb enough to target the on person on Aitu that had been to Exile Island), then it's 4 to 4 and Jonathan could be screwed if his tribe loses the tiebreaker...

I don't see what anyone's problem with Jonathan is in the first place. He's hardly a villain. Looking out for himself like a great player should.........he's hardly a bitch like Jerri, or an egomaniac like Terry or as slimey as Chris or Brian.....

BigMacPhisto said:
I think those that feel betrayed by Jonathan will realize the reasoning for his actions when they watch this episode.....he was up against the wall.....if he doesn't side with Yul, he risks being ejected by the hidden idol at a later time. If Yul uses the idol here (because Raro was dumb enough to target the on person on Aitu that had been to Exile Island), then it's 4 to 4 and Jonathan could be screwed if his tribe loses the tiebreaker...

I don't see what anyone's problem with Jonathan is in the first place. He's hardly a villain. Looking out for himself like a great player should.........he's hardly a bitch like Jerri, or an egomaniac like Terry or as slimey as Chris or Brian.....

Yeah, but he's a Jew and he has a really long nose. Jews make fabulous villians. See: entertaining villians ie. Shylock

Back
Top Bottom