Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Some of the earliest ones were rude - Djibouti,
I know I'll regret this, both for the loss of my own innocence, and revealing to you lot how naive I am (again)... but how is Djibouti rude?

Also, I never noticed the allegely "obvious double-entendre relating to oral sex" in Humptulips' name... all I got was some overly-enthusiastic botany.

The Sad Punk said:

Ooh yeah, we should go there sometime. We do have a time machine, right?

If we don't, we can steal Fake Edge's. :up:

Alisaura said:

I know I'll regret this, both for the loss of my own innocence, and revealing to you lot how naive I am (again)... but how is Djibouti rude?

As the song says, "Shake shake shake/Shake shake shake/Shake Djibouti".

Also, I never noticed the allegely "obvious double-entendre relating to oral sex" in Humptulips' name... all I got was some overly-enthusiastic botany.

Ian and I were confused by that too. My guess was "hump to lips".

The Sad Punk said:
Hey Axver, remember that email you sent to a few of us a couple weeks ago or so? Anything new on that thing?

Not yet; this coming week is a total write-off for me thanks to lame university shit.

Alisaura said:
Wikipedia interprets it as "hump two lips"... same diff, I guess. :shrug:

Ah, OK. I don't get how that's meant to be more obvious than the over-eager botanist interpretation.

The Sad Punk said:

Oh, alright. Would you like for me to compile information anyway?

That would be quite helpful. :up:

If you could also compile information on the democratic peace thesis, I'd be grateful too. :wink:

I hate how little motivation I have. The shitty essays of the start of semester have absolutely killed my motivation to work.

Axver said:

That would be quite helpful. :up:

If you could also compile information on the democratic peace thesis, I'd be grateful too. :wink:

I hate how little motivation I have. The shitty essays of the start of semester have absolutely killed my motivation to work.

Only if you can stand in for me next Concept Development lesson. :wink:

Don't worry, I'm having the same troubles too. Sort of like I haven't got out of holiday mode, so my work just isn't flying off, and I have no real feel or reason to be there. It changes after a few weeks, though.

I'm gonna go to bed in a minute, I'm looking forward to a $5 dal and cheese naan for lunch tomorrow. :drool:

The Sad Punk said:

Only if you can stand in for me next Concept Development lesson. :wink:

Don't worry, I'm having the same troubles too. Sort of like I haven't got out of holiday mode, so my work just isn't flying off, and I have no real feel or reason to be there. It changes after a few weeks, though.

I'm gonna go to bed in a minute, I'm looking forward to a $5 dal and cheese naan for lunch tomorrow. :drool:

OK, I think I'll stick with the democratic peace thesis. :wink:

I would ordinarily sort of enjoy the essay I'm writing now, as it's nice and clear, has a good scope, and isn't on a totally dull topic. But the start of this semester has just been so dull and uninspiring that I want to say "fuck it" and do nothing. I no longer have motivation. It's really irritating.

And I'm off too, but only for about 20 minutes. :wave:

I think America thinks that democracy can spread the same way they feared Communism would spread.

</uninformed political hypothesis>

The Sad Punk said:
Cheese naan... :drool:

Seeya Bonnie :wave:

And seeya Ax too... I'm going to try to get off this computer in the next 20 minutes... :uhoh:

Alisaura said:
And seeya Ax too... I'm going to try to get off this computer in the next 20 minutes... :uhoh:

I'm not very good at getting off the computer - despite saying I'm going, I'm still here!

Alisaura said:
I think America thinks that democracy can spread the same way they feared Communism would spread.

</uninformed political hypothesis>

You'd think they would have learnt from last time that the domino theory doesn't hold.

But then again, some people still think Ronald Reagan brought down the USSR. :happy:

Alisaura said:

:lol:

What, he didn't? :ohmy:

He stood up to them commie sunsabitches and THEY SAWWWW THE LIIIIIGHT and freeedum came to Russia! :happy:

I mean it this time, I'm outta here... :wave: Good luck with the essay(s)!

Thanks. Have a good night! :wave:

And now that I've got a quarter of one essay written, I shall take the 20 minute break I intended to take, what, 20 minutes ago? :lol:

Alex Descends for the win. :drool:

Go on, if anywhere is the place for pointless questions, this is. :wink:

Most of them start with "why" and then some form of negative contraction. ie, "don't" or "won't" or "didn't", etc. And I'm sure we, or you, or everyone in EYKIW has been over them ad nauseum and are no closer to finding out the answers (not that that would do anyone any good anyway), so there's really no point except depressing myself. :wink:

I should find out what other gems I have in here but not listened to yet... except I can't stop listening to Alex. :D

Last edited:
:lol: Ah, the questions Interference does best. :wink:

Have you tried Alex Descends --> Acrobat? It works really well. I have that on my custom Achtung that would be my 3rd or 4th favourite U2 album had it been released that way.

Let me guess, you're less than halfway through all those rarities I sent out a while back? :wink:

Now, Alex Descends --> Acrobat, that would have been a killer way to open a ZooTV encore. And Zooropa as the main opener. And other dreams ... :sigh:

And you wonder why I haven't been in a mad hurry to burn bootleg DVDs ... :wink:

Alisaura said:
I rather thought it had something to do with all that Uni work you keep going on about... :wink:

How is that going, anyway? :p

That too, but why be in a hurry when you won't be? :wink:

Well, I have a quarter of one essay done! About to start another. Wooo. :yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom