Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

The shittiness of ESPN caused a slit in the time-space continuum to be created, which caused Dalton, Axver's mirror image to be thrust upon society. We never suspected anything because he's so much like the rest of us, but that's how it went down.

So, really it's ESPN's fault. Fuck them.

But more importantly, fuck highly powered television executives.

phillyfan26 said:

So, really it's ESPN's fault. Fuck them.

But more importantly, fuck highly powered television executives.

It's more reason to hate ESPN, definitely.

Varitek said:

NSW, Peefan took the SATs yesterday! :D

There was an essay. I don't even know what it was about. I just wrote a long winded, five paragraph essay about NSW being a douche bag. Intro, Body, Body, Body, Conclusion. All filled with NSW's evil scumminess.

see axver, this is not someone being mean to peefan, this is friendly banter. same with dalton.

peefan, one of axver's arguments against dalton is that he insults you by trying to always set you up with girls. i told ax i didn't think it hurt your feelings.

so i live in a main dorm on campus and while i'm trying to write papers so i can graduate, there's a loudspeaker blaring bad music right outside my window for "block party." and before anyone says library, 1) our library is the most miserable uncomfortable thing ever 2) it's right next to my dorm and the places i study can probably hear this obnoxious music

Varitek said:
see axver, this is not someone being mean to peefan, this is friendly banter. same with dalton.

peefan, one of axver's arguments against dalton is that he insults you by trying to always set you up with girls. i told ax i didn't think it hurt your feelings.

I responded to all of Axver's arguments earlier this morning in this thread. He's totally wrong.

YES! from the boston globe ideas section

PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE can agree that binge drinking is bad - it leaves people out of control and thus a danger to themselves and others - and this is especially true for those not of age. Recently, though, two economists observed an intriguing pattern. They analyzed data on thousands of individuals who were surveyed in high school and again a decade later. Among males who were later employed, those who had reported binge drinking in high school earned wages 6 percent higher than those who had not reported binge drinking. Although it is not clear exactly what is responsible for this relationship, the authors believe that for those males whose binge drinking does not coincide with other bad behaviors (like illegal drug use), binge drinking is correlated with socializing at parties and thus reflects inherent social ability that gets rewarded in the job market.

coolian2 said:
It easily stands as the funniest thing to happen in sport that i've seen in person.

Although the Canberra team and Warriors subs thinking it was half time a bit too soon was also seriously fucking brilliant.

I don't know what the funniest thing I've seen in person is, I guess nothing so memorable that I can recall it now. I do fondly recall watching on TV as Johnny Damon of the A's hit a ball into Fenway's right field and it got lodged in a beer cup that a fan had dropped onto the field and Trot Nixon just threw up his hands and looked confused. It ended up as a ground rule double, or fan interference double, or something.

Axver said:

I loved it when the U2 audiences got impatient and started Mexican waves. It went around eight or nine times in one Aussie city, I think at a Sydney gig.

why the hell are they calling the wave "the mexican wave"???

Varitek said:
:huh: that is weird, i've never seen it called anything but the wave. i googled it and there's an entry on wikipedia and it says most english speaking countries (other than america) call it that. wtf.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:huh: that is weird, i've never seen it called anything but the wave. i googled it and there's an entry on wikipedia and it says most english speaking countries (other than america) call it that. wtf.

WHY? what is mexican about it?

Varitek said:

Because it can't fucking be associated with America. That would make it stupid.

(It was started in America, at a baseball game no less.)

Varitek said:

of course i'd read up to page 17 in the meantime

Yeah, sorry. My one buddy (the one I hate) called and said he needed to use Powerpoint and he didn't have it.

No, he already did. That was why I wasn't posting for like ten or fifteen minutes.

the one we hate btw keeps going home for weekends which makes him much more tolerable. the girl we don't like is usually not around either, but she's a huge downer when she is.

phillyfan26 said:

I asked Prom Girl to fucking prom. And guess what? She loved my fucking invitation. She just had this big charity thing that night that she couldn't back the fuck out on. I'm going to hang with her during the summer and probably hit that shit rite. So, no more wussy little girl comments, alright?

Also, GFY.

you're gonna hit it with prom girl? summer lovin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom