Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they have not. Although I think the Born In The U.S.A. cover is pretty iconic by now. Bruce's patriotic butt and all that. And I've always really liked the Born to Run cover...but that might just be because I love that album so damn much.

I really only think he's terrible at album covers LATELY. I like pretty much all of them from the 70s, Asbury Park and BTR for certain. And Born in the USA isn't a bad cover either.

But after that it is REALLY hit or miss.

It's been hit or miss his whole career.

The Born To Run sleeve, with him on the front and Clarence on the back, is classic. And yes, Born In The USA stands the test of time. A couple others are good (Nebraska, Wild And Innocent), but the rest are pretty much terrible and/or boring. I mean, after Born To Run, the best he could do was two disheveled pictures of him in a row, and they are quite terrible.

Born in the USA is iconic for sure, but still - it's a giant picture of his ASS in front of a flag.

Okay, as a red-blooded woman, I like the ass and all, but who thought it was a good idea at that point in his career to say "Just picture it, Bruce: your ass. The American flag."

And Bruce then said "Sounds GREAT. Where do I sign?" ???? I mean, really?

Born in the USA is iconic for sure, but still - it's a giant picture of his ASS in front of a flag.

Okay, as a red-blooded woman, I like the ass and all, but who thought it was a good idea at that point in his career to say "Just picture it, Bruce: your ass. The American flag."

You know, his ass is like three times bigger on the vinyl copy?

Wasn't it Annie Leibovitz who did Born In The USA?

I'm pretty sure it was.

It's still a giant picture of his ass in front of the American flag, Annie Liebowitz just makes it well-photographed. ;)

"THE WRESTLER" IS GOLDEN
Hot on the heels of Springsteen's two Grammy nominations for "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," "The Wrestler" has just garnered a Golden Globe nomination for "Best Original Song - Motion Picture." Springsteen's title song for the Darren Aronofsky film puts him up against Peter Gabriel (Wall-E), Clint Eastwood (Gran Torino), Miley Cyrus (Bolt), and Beyonce (Cadillac Records). The Golden Globe Awards, given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, air live on January 11, 2009, on NBC. Can an Oscar nod be far behind?
:up:

What a fantastic song, here's to hoping it wins. It's certainly better than "Streets of Philadelphia," and I really dig that one.

I'm only noting this release because I like the cover.

Funny how budget compilations have better covers than actual albums.

newsBSESBGH.jpg

The cover of the GH Cd is a picture from the Springsteen calendar, the month of August.
A picture of Bruce on a Harley for the month of August............Nice little reminder of Harley concert that was held in Aug '08 *the frigid temps and snow have gotten to my brain~ bring back the perfect warm summer night that was Aug. 30*

Got Live in Barcelona for Christmas, which was great, but it's the Rising tour, and I think of 20 or so songs I only know five or six. And no Jungleland either :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom