Sniff sniff... what's that in the air? Is that baseball playoff time I smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sox totally would have won if the home plate umpire hadn't loaded up on crack before the game. I have never seen so many bad calls at once!! :mad: I watched the game in the student center with a bunch of fellow Fenway Faithful, and I think that ump is on many a sh*t list now

Including mine

:angry:

Last edited:
ahhhh the bitterness of red sox fans. and to think, i'm headed back to my old college in new hampshirefor alumni weekend today... right in the middle of red sox nation. ahhh it should be fun, especially if they lose again today. nothing gave me more pleasure durring my stay in new england than watching red sox fans drive themselves bonkers.

the red sox would have won the game if byung hyun-kim didn't blow the save... if they didn't have their third baseman playing deep with a runner on third and a guy who's probably the best and ONLY bunter on the entire A's roster at the plate... you can't blame an umpire for losing when you had plenty of opportunities to win despite what the umpire's calls may or may not have been.

still think the sox will win the series, but they've gotta win tonight... same goes for the spankees

Technically Bung Hole Kim didn't blow the save, Alan Embree did.
In fact one of the reasons I put Grady Little up for sale this morning was his decision to lift Bung Hole after he struck out Ellis. Now he's likely lost mentally, but if Grady lets him pitch to Durazo, and he throws same pitches he did to Ellis, Sox win and Bunghole's psyche is in tact...now we need a lot of complete games or double digit run explosions to keep advancing.

As for the ump...Oakland has as much if not more of a beef with him, he made bad calls both ways at the plate, and I would say more against the A's.

Twins and Yanks again tonight...let's see what happens. :hyper:

So, are there no Yankees fans here? Weird. :|

:lol: Hewson.....

Oh, and chizzer old boy. Flew in and out of STL yesterday. I had a lovely view of the skyline on the way. Saw the arch, the Dome, I could make out Saavis...oh, and THE VERY IDLE Busch Stadium. :p

yankees! GRR!

%$#@!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

now that my twins are out, i want a bosox/cubbies series.

Wonder how many managers (OK I know...3) are second guessing how they handle their pitchers in the playoffs...3 guys started on short 3 days rest yesterday...Hudson, lasted 1 inning, left with an oblique strain (which may or may not be the result of a Friday barroom brawl), A's lose...hafta face a rested Pedro in game 5 with Zito on 3 days rest for first time ever, Santana starts on 3 days rest for Twinkies, gets shelled, and Hampton starts on 3 days rest for Bravos vs a rested Kerry Wood, and Braves streak of post season failure continues.
In this day and age where pitchers are babied so much, why do managers think they can change their routines for playoffs?

so the yanks did win 3 straight from the twins... just with a short little hiccup in game 1. as much as i hate the spankme's (and listening to michael kay on espn radio right now is just fueling my hatred)... they look pretty damn good.

the a's and red sox are both trying their hardest to get eliminated... i have a feeling tonight's game is gonna go 30 innings. i think the 3-4-5 hitters for both teams are something like a combined 5 for 50 in the series. ballsy move by little not to start pedro in a must win game 4... but it payed off. zito's no slouch himself... it'll come down to which pitcher breaks first... pedro or zito. should be a great game... my bet's still on the sawks.

the marlins look damn good... and ivan rodriguez has quite the tony montana thing going on... the world is mine chico... first you hold on to de beisbol, den you get de power

the young cubs pitchers deffinetly proved themselves... they're gonna be tough to beat. for my money, i'm gonna go for either a rematch of the 1932 or the 1918 series... cubs spankees or cubs sawks

and one more thought... how many times does bobby cox have to get bounced early in the playoffs before he gets fired? if he was coaching in new york, boston, chicago, LA, etc... he woulda been fired by now.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and one more thought... how many times does bobby cox have to get bounced early in the playoffs before he gets fired? if he was coaching in new york, boston, chicago, LA, etc... he woulda been fired by now.

*cough* Billy Martin was fired and hired how many times *cough*

We call this (the Bobby Cox thing) the "Dennis Green Syndrome" in Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom