Sleeping Habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your sleeping habits?

• I sleep through the night like a rock

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I wake up once or twice during the night

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I wake up more than once or twice during the night

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • I dont have time to sleep

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm an insomniac

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
kafrun said:
I usually wake up once or twice early in the morning before my alarm clock goes off :mad:

:yes: I sometimes do that. :mad:

But most of the time I'm sleeping soundly and have to hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off! I hate mornings! :madspit:

I used to have tons of trouble falling asleep, but the medication I'm on now seems to be helping with that.

I do still wake up several times during the night, typically to turn over. I have to sleep on my side (I don't breathe well on my back), and I sleep with a body pillow between my knees and a small pillow hugged against my chest, so every time I turn over, I have to make sure I take both of those with me.

Once I'm asleep though, I usually sleep pretty heavily. One thing though, I can't sleep without the sound of my fan. I've been sleeping with a fan on in my room since I was a kid, and so I'm completely used to it. If the power goes out or something, and it turns off, I wake up instantly. One time it broke at like midnight, and I got no sleep that night :sad: Even during the summer, I only rarely have it blow on me, usually I aim it into the corner so it won't make me cold :lol: It does wonders for blocking out outside noise though :up:

Utoo said:
I sleep like a rock. You could put a bomb underneath me & I wouldn't wake up. :yawn:

me too :hi5:

When Maddy was a baby, I wouldn't necessarily hear her wake during the night. Hubby would bring her in for her feeding :cute:

Lila64 said:

me too :hi5:

When Maddy was a baby, I wouldn't necessarily hear her wake during the night. Hubby would bring her in for her feeding :cute:

Nice! Mrs. Utoo has decided that since she's BF'ing and she has to do all of the middle of the night feeds, I get to do all of the middle of the night diaper changes. :yuck:

I have a ratio of sleep to up time, if I sleep for 12 I can stay up for 24, since I am on shift work I sleep during the day. Its a mad, mad, mad melanin deprived world.

I'm a weird sleeper, a part-time insomniac, and I think I like it. :sick: My sleep patterns tend to go in cycles...and I'm having a weird one this week. Staying up late, listening to overseas radio programs, and reading. I'd make the best security guard in the universe! When I do stay up late, I can often get by on five hours, or so. Other weeks, I'll sleep normally. I often think nighttime is the best time...music even sounds better, for some reason.

It takes me forever to get to sleep, but once I'm there, you can't wake me up. It's impossible.

I leave for school at 7, and my alarm is set for 5:45. Normally, I go through a half hour of my alarm (Hasta La Vista, Baby!) playing before I wake up at all.

phillyfan26 said:

I leave for school at 7, and my alarm is set for 5:45. Normally, I go through a half hour of my alarm (Hasta La Vista, Baby!) playing before I wake up at all.

That's roughly Bullet the Blue Sky time? :wink:

I think I'm actually going to bed now...earlier today, I almost fell asleep at a crosswalk. :der:

Insomniac here. Once I get to sleep it's not a big deal, and I have a very, very easy time sleeping through an alarm or hitting sleep 5 times because I'm so overtired from not being able to get to sleep. I could lie in bed for hours, or I could get up and fuck around on the internet or watch tv, but I can't do anything productive because my brain is too tired even though I can't sleep. I think I'd do better without a real schedule, or on one of those 28 hour day schedules, cause I am on break this week and at htis point I'm fallng asleep at 7am one day, 9:30am the next, and waking up at 4 or 5. :|

I have a sleep disorder. I wake up exhausted. I have no trouble falling asleep, but according to a study I had done, I actually wake up about 30 times a night, and stop breathing a lot. I don't remember waking up ever, but I do, apparently. I can't wait to get it fixed so I can experience good quality sleep.
:drool:

Is kind of a combination of top option and bottom option, really.

I'm incredibly reluctant to sleep, and restless - but once I manage to actually get comfy I sleep very, very deeply.

I'm trying to improve though, I want out of this insomniac gang!

Zootlesque said:

:yes: I sometimes do that. :mad:

But most of the time I'm sleeping soundly and have to hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off! I hate mornings! :madspit:
Yep :yes:

Sure enough, today I wake up half an hour before my alarm is set to go off :madwife: :scream: :yawn:

This might be borderline TMI, but there are some nights I wake up several times to go to the bathroom. Before you go thinking that maybe I have a problem...when I sleep on the couch or the regular bed in the guest room, I usually sleep through the night, maybe wake up once. When I sleep in our regular bed...the waterbed...I sometimes have to get up and go a lot. I think that bed makes me have to go. :angry:

I usually have a hard time falling asleep though. My boyfriend doesn't. He's out almost instantly, and he starts snoring, which makes it even harder to fall asleep. :madwife: :lol:

I'm not an insomniac, but I have a hard time making myself go to bed and making myself go back to sleep when I wake up. I fall asleep ridiculously quickly (always under three minutes), though. I wake up a couple of times during the night, especially if I hear any noises (usually the 50 or so years' worth of soot making the lining fall from the inside of our chimney in small pieces :angry: ) or if I'm too hot or too cold. My husband talks in his sleep sometimes, but that doesn't wake me up as often now as it used to.

I love sleeping!
I ADORE naps.:drool:

Fast to go to sleep.
I sleep like a vampire; :ohmy: hands on my chest and I don't move at all. :lol: ...the next morning, I am in the same position.
I also like to have a pillow covering my eyes :shrug:

And If I don't have an alarm and I need to get up early in the morning; I drink lots of water, so that I have to get up to go pee. :coocoo:
I know, TMI.
:)

I go through waves. Sometimes I go to bed and fall asleep right away, but most of the time I go to bed and lie there for an hour or longer before I fall asleep. How tired I am has nothing to do with how I fall asleep; it's whether or not I'm actually sleepy, and sometimes sleepiness doesn't matter either. It's really frustrating after a few consecutive nights of just lying there, wondering if I am going to ever sleep. Regardless of how easily I fall asleep, I am surprised when I wake up in the morning and don't remember waking up at all during the night.

I can fall asleep on the couch with all the lights in the house on and the TV blaring. When I try to go to sleep in bed, the lights need to be off, I can't be too warm or too cold, the covers have to be pulled up over my ear, and it has to be quiet, other than the other person in the room breathing. There's a bar 3 blocks away that has really loud outdoor concerts on random Tuesday nights for like 10 people on their small deck, and they have caused me many sleepy Wednesdays. That's also frustrating, since TV puts me right out but a little music from down the street keeps me up.

I usually manage to wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes off, which is good because then I don't disturb the roomie. :)

Utoo said:
For those who wake up, what do you wake up for?

To pee?
No reason at all?
Significant other knocks you in the head?

Usually, if it happens, no reason at all.

Having posted this, I needed a bit longer to fall asleep (which might have been because I slept late on Thursday) and woke up once at 5.15am for no reason.
Then I had some shitty dreams for the last half to one hour and was happy when the alarm went off.

Utoo said:
For those who wake up, what do you wake up for?

To pee?
No reason at all?
Significant other knocks you in the head?

My fiance's snoring wakes me up :lol: Before I moved in with him though my worried thoughts are usually what would wake me up. Or if I was really excited about something.

angelordevil said:

That's roughly Bullet the Blue Sky time? :wink:

I think I'm actually going to bed now...earlier today, I almost fell asleep at a crosswalk. :der:

Yeah, I think the farthest I've gotten is Streets, although I start on Mofo.

LyricalDrug said:
If you're a light sleeper like I am, and wake up if a car drives by your house, I have three words for you: expandable foam earplugs. Those babies block out all ambient noise under 32 dB (so you still hear a smoke alarm, or your alarm clock) and once they're in, I'm out.

I've tried those, but they feel too uncomfortable to sleep in :shrug:.

ThoraSEB said:
I love sleeping!

The sucky thing is that I need very specific conditions in order to sleep. It has to be pitch black, no noise, have to have my special pillow, etc. If any of those things are off, then it will take me hours to fall asleep.

OMG, are we the same person! :lol:

Lately I've been trying to sleep with the window open for a little night breeze/ventilation, but my upstairs neighbor's TV and nighttime phone calls just frustrate me and I usually end up closing the window.

It takes me about 5 to 15 minutes to fall asleep, but once I'm out, I'm out! I may wake up once or twice to pee, but it's right back to solid sack time after I stumble back to bed!

Yeah, and there's a minimum of 3 Snooze-Buttons involved before I'm up again.

:laugh:

Last edited:
It takes up to a hour or so for me to go to sleep. Then I wake up 2 to 3 times in the night, then wake up at around 6 or 5:30, when I don't have to wake up until 8:15, 8:30 at the lastest for classes. :mad: I hate those days. One of the good things about being hard of hearing is that I can't hear most noise.... expect for snoring, my door opening or closing (it's very sqeaky), or people knocking loudly. :| I've been very tired lately, been taking naps during the days.

I usually fall asleep within 30 minutes and the only times I wake up during the night is if I'm extremely worried about something, or if I have a dream. I rarely dream, so I pretty much sleep all the way through the night most of the time.:D

Back
Top Bottom