Skating with Celebrities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
Might as well start a thread for this new one.

http://www.fox.com/skating/bios/

promoA.jpg

Last edited:
I'm reading through the bios and I just have one question:

Jenner lives in California with his wife Kris, and their six children: Kourtney, Kimberly, Khloe, Robert, Kendall and Kylie.

What's the deal with Robert? :laugh:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
If I were him I'd be very happy with my first name. My sister and her husband named all 4 of their kids with the letter "K" because her the name of her husband begins with K. :|

I think it's cool to do that, everyone has the same initials!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
If I were him I'd be very happy with my first name. My sister and her husband named all 4 of their kids with the letter "K" because her the name of her husband begins with K. :|

I did that with my cats for a while (everyone had names starting with the letter M -- Munchie, Mitzi, Maxwell, Maddie, Mort, Milo) but when Munchie died (he was the alpha cat, and the oldest, so everyone got named after him) I stopped and now just name them whatever fits.

I don't think I'd want to do it for kids though.

I care too. :hyper:

Though, I've liked Dave Coulier since I was about 8 when he was on Full House so I'm looking forward to seeing him. He's played hockey for most of his life so I imagine he can't be too bad at this. But we'll see. :wink:

I don't care for watching poor or ameteur skating....professional skating or ice dancing I do enjoy watching, it can be so beautiful, and the pros make it look way too easy. But some of these shows using celebs to do things like dance and ice skate with professionals are getting boring. :yawn:

Yeah, okay, it's pretty lame. But ... it's kind of sweet too. Pure and wholesome! D list celebrities cashing in, sure ... but sweet!

I care too! :madspit:

I think its cool so far.. I will enjoy watching them fall and hurt themselves :giggle:

As far as reality shows go, I'd definitely rather watch people trying to figure skate, rather than people eating bugs or the testicles of a rare animal.

corianderstem said:
As far as reality shows go, I'd definitely rather watch people trying to figure skate, rather than people eating bugs or the testicles of a rare animal.

Put in that perspective you definitely DO have a good point!

I agree - it was actually fairly sweet <in a nicey nicey way>

They did a good job for those that never really ice skated before.

My one issue is that I have always just not liked Nancy Kerrigan. Maybe its that constipation face she has when she smiles. But I think its funny that Coulier ground off the toe picks on his skates. I see problems for him in the future. Stay tuned for the bumps and bruises.

tiny dancer said:
Thought Jillian & John were the best. :up:

Jillian is almost a ringer, the show is kind of stacked FOR her, as she did train in figure skating for several years when she was young. And it shows. I think it's kind of unfair for the other celebs (even Dave - while he is a little ahead of the curve being able to stand comfortably and turn and stop easy, figure skating is a whole other set of skills). Should have some sort of handicap system to even things out.

Also, anybody think Kristy Swanson and Lloyd Eisler got a raw deal in the scoring last night?

Pop Artist said:
Also, anybody think Kristy Swanson and Lloyd Eisler got a raw deal in the scoring last night?

Hee! Nice to know scoring/judging controversy exists even in "fake" skating competitions. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom