Shuttlecock XXXI: Someone start a new in-joke so we can get a better title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tempted to post a Shuttlecock XXXI: The Death of Shuttlecock? thread if I didn't see anything by tonight. :wink:

In other news, it's sometimes hard to believe how tone-deaf some people can be to how they come across.

Ha! No kidding.

I almost disowned my mom last night on Facebook, over my comment about those protestors shouting out racial/homophobic epithets at the congressmen.

Apparently that's just the same thing as the people calling Bush an evil idiot! Or something.

I emailed her later to say "I love you mom, but this is why I'm upset ..." I mean, is it so hard to say "Gosh, that was a bad thing to say" rather than having a knee-jerk defense of them? I mean, HOLY SHIT

I don't want to talk politics on Facebook, but since I wasn't actually talking about health care, I thought it was a safe bet.

I was tempted to post a Shuttlecock XXXI: The Death of Shuttlecock? thread if I didn't see anything by tonight. :wink:

In other news, it's sometimes hard to believe how tone-deaf some people can be to how they come across.
I'm assuming I don't follow this because I AM BLOCKING STRONGBOW!

It's an incredibly liberating feeling, actually.

I'm not self-loathing enough at this point to allow myself to discuss politics online.

It's a sure fire way to fill with rage and hate.

Don't hate me because I'm reasonably attractive going to see Muse! :wink:

Good news: My mom doesn't think it's okay to shout racial epithets at people.

Bad news: She said they replayed the tape over and over on Fox, and no one could hear anyone shouting it.

Thank god Fox News is here to resolve these debates for us.

Dear U2.com, I know my membership is expiring. No, I'm not going to spend $40 for a compilation of the many shitty remixes of Shuttlecock songs out there. Please stop sending me reminder emails on a daily basis.

Dear U2.com, I know my membership is expiring. No, I'm not going to spend $40 for a compilation of the many shitty remixes of Shuttlecock songs out there. Please stop sending me reminder emails on a daily basis.

:lol: I've been getting them too. I think I have 3 reminder emails, all with exactly the same wording (your membership expires in 7 days, blah blah blah blah...), even though my membership must have expired weeks ago. :lol:

At least you get emails from u2.com. I get nothing. Though I did get my CD a couple of weeks ago :happy:
same for me. well i get u2.com emails usually, but when i was seven days from expiring, i got nothing. they didn't email me until i was one day from expiring. oh well, i renewed now because i'm a chump.

I got that U2.com email, too. Shut up, you fuckers, my subscription doesn't expire until October.

Holy crap. I'm trying to buy Lady GaGa tickets during presale, and there is NOTHING. I'm sure it doesn't help that there's, like, 5 different GaGa presales going on at the same time, but this is crazy.

I never thought I'd be shut out of a presale before. And no, buying 2 tickets for $175 each is not an option. I love GaGa, but no.

Guess I'll try during the general sale.

I got that U2.com email, too. Shut up, you fuckers, my subscription doesn't expire until October.
i just got it too. my subscription runs out on 3/26/11! :huh:

Nope. Only admins.

they get all the fun... :grumpy:
:therethere: i feel your pain. on the plus side, i think everyone i've ever really wanted to be banned gets banned anyway. eventually. :grumpy:

For those of you not in the U2.com thread in EYKIW:

From @U2:

Thanks to all who've emailed about this -- we got the same emails,
too. U2.com/Fanfire is sending out emails telling members that their
U2.com membership will expire in 30 days, even though everyone renewed
within the last few months. Via Aaron of U2wanderer.org posting on
Twitter, Fanfire is aware of the mistake. You can login to U2.com,
click ACCOUNT INFO at the top of the page, and on your profile you
should see a correct expiration date for your membership. It looks
like expiration dates have changed for some users, possibly due to the
fan club asking members not to renew too early late last year.

i know i just posted in here, but i need to vent and i'm too afraid to post this in the healthcare thread in fym. one of my friends has made this her status:
You know what really gets on my nerves....I hate this new healthcare bill!! For those ppl that don't work - you don't have your taxes being raised to come outta your check. And for those ppl that don't work, really don't have a place to bitch about it sucking!! Those of us that are busting our butts everyday and living pay check to pay check make it possible for you jobless ppl to not HAVE to work!!! UGH!!!

and then went on to elaborate further in a comment on it:
It's the broke ass, lazy ass ppl that piss me off the most. No motivation to get a job. All they do it sleep and sit around and bitch cuz they got it so damn tough. My taxes are paying for the makeup, hair dye, nails to be done, shit to be done to their pimped out cars, designer clothes and them to go out and party. While i struggle to pay rent, utilitie, buy the groceries, and hope that I have enough damn gas to make it to work the next day.....LORD knows my ass would get fired!!!

jesus christ. what's even worse is she knows quite a bit about my situation and the huge conundrum my entire family is on, including the fact that none of us have health insurance, and still posts this shit. none of us have even received unemployment or any federal, state, or local assistance. i mean, i'm not asking or expecting someone to totally change their viewpoints because of one person, but it's just the stupid generalizations. i'd just like her to find me one person in this area who is sitting on their ass on welfare or unemployment or whatever who's just worrying about when they can get their nails done next. i try not to take political statements people make on facebook personally, but when it comes from a supposed best friend, it's hard not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom