Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent is better than 95% of SOI and at this rate will be better than 100% of SOE.

What that says about the current state of the band is up to you.

Last edited:
So I'm driving home and the wife calls and says there's a message on the house voicemail for me from somebody from LiveNation regarding U2. The presale worked fine for me, I didn't contact anyone, had no reason to, so I'm curious what its about. I get home and call the guy back.
Turns out the fucker is trying to sell me 2018 season VIP tickets to either of the local outdoor concert venues. Wanted to tell him to screw but remained polite and told him that they were too expensive and the roster of shows likely not going to have more than a few I'd be interested in.

Magnificent is better than 95% of SOI and at this rate will be better than 100% of SOE.

What that says about the current state of the band is up to you.

SOI tracks I'd take over Magnificent:

California
Iris
Raised By Wolves
Cedarwood Road
Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
The Troubles

I'd only take Cedarwood Road and The Troubles over Magnificent, which is definitely one of NLOTH's better songs.

So I'm driving home and the wife calls and says there's a message on the house voicemail for me from somebody from LiveNation regarding U2. The presale worked fine for me, I didn't contact anyone, had no reason to, so I'm curious what its about. I get home and call the guy back.
Turns out the fucker is trying to sell me 2018 season VIP tickets to either of the local outdoor concert venues. Wanted to tell him to screw but remained polite and told him that they were too expensive and the roster of shows likely not going to have more than a few I'd be interested in.

Does the band get a cut?

I hope some Other Place posters fell for this. They would do well to expand their horizons a bit.

So.. Bono won't be asking Steven Wilson to remaster Pop then? :shifty: A bit like the classic " very good is the enemy of great" guff and the new one about the "US being an idea and not just a country"... equally his "I hate prog" comments are beyond lame, especially for a band that used a slightly ridiculous stage show (360) that I imagine, Rick Wakeman probably had wet dreams over, while reminding us in the same breath about their "poonk rawwk" birth.

Oh come on... Bono has always had his phrases, if you pay attention to any artist close enough, most do. The America one has been around for awhile, as well as his dig at prog rock.

But I never understand why folks get so bent out of shape about it. It’s something that’s heavily engrained in that movement and era. I mean look at how many people get bent out of shape over the word ‘pop’ in here(genre not album).

The artist you like are not always going to have the same tastes as you, doesn’t make them lame. One of my favorite artists has an obsession with everything metal, I’ve never understood the genre, but I don’t care when he gets in that space. Another favorite used to speak about how the Beatles meant nothing to them, some fans went mental. Who fucking cares?!

Does the band get a cut?

I wonder why the voicemail message specifically said he wanted to talk to me about U2. I assume cause I just bought tix for them. Its a bit too Big Brother for my taste (no idea how they had my home phone number, maybe through U2.com?)
And he introduced himself as an "Experience" coordinator for LiveNation, so for a minute I thought it was actually related to the upcoming tour, but just a friggin' sales pitch.

I'd only take Cedarwood Road and The Troubles over Magnificent, which is definitely one of NLOTH's better songs.

Magnificent is middle-of-the-pack on NLOTH for me.

1. Fez-BB
2. NLOTH
3. MOS
4. White As Snow(You read that right, WAS is gorgeous)
5. Cedars
6. UC/Magnificent(tie)
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Breathe
9. Boots
10. SUC

Something like that.

If we're including Winter, it'd probably go somewhere around WAS/Cedars.

P.S. Check your PMs.

Magnificent is middle-of-the-pack on NLOTH for me.

1. Fez-BB
2. NLOTH
3. MOS
4. White As Snow(You read that right, WAS is gorgeous)
5. Cedars
6. UC/Magnificent(tie)
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Breathe
9. Boots
10. SUC

Something like that.

If we're including Winter, it'd probably go somewhere around WAS/Cedars.

P.S. Check your PMs.

I'd go with:

Great U2 Listening
1. Fez

Good U2 Listening
2. White As Snow
3. NLOTH
4. Magnificent

Decent U2 Listening
5. Crazy Tonight
6. Moment of Surrender
7. Cedars of Lebanon

Oh God Make It Stop
8. Unknown Caller
9. Breathe
10. Boots
(Winter)
11. Stand Up Comedy

1 - Magnificent
2 - Breathe
3 - Moment of Surrender
4 - Fez
5 - I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
6 - No Line on the Horizon
7 - White As Snow
8 - Unknown Caller
9 - Stand Up Comedy
10 - Get on Your Boots
11 - Cedars of Lebanon

What the fuck is this?

Interference over-states how good MOS is and under-states how good Crazy Tonight is.

But as I think neither is a classic nor terrible, just decent, I've never been in much hurry to debate about them.

Love it:

1. Moment of Surrender
2. Cedars of Lebanon
3. Magnificent
4. NLOTH
5. Breathe
6. Fez

Pretty decent:

7. White As Snow
8. Unknown Caller

Blehhhhh:

9. Crazy Tonight
10. Sexy Boots
11. Stand Up Comedy

I hope some Other Place posters fell for this. They would do well to expand their horizons a bit.
hey, they're all huge inhaler fans now. finally another cd to go alongside bono impersonator gavin friday's.

Martha how was LCD????
you didn't ask me how my show was last month :sad:

i'm glad you enjoyed your show, martha! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom