Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could do a Top 50 with ease. :)

Thoughts on Cockland or All I Want Is Cock?

Whenever I make lists, I feel obligated to make one for the studio and one for live. That's how much there's a difference for me.

Love them both. A studio-only Rattle and Hum would be a very solid album.

I didn't know that things were that touch and go at your place of work. Sorry. :(

Thanks. :) We don't really know what's going on. Big changes are afoot, which I was aware of, but the quarterly earnings call is coming up this Tuesday, and we figure anything really major will hit then.

I was okay until some ass-monkey analysts or somebody predicted we'd be closing more stores and having massive layoffs. And then an email went out from the Corporate PR folks saying "uh ... pay no attention to that ... we mean, we don't comment on rumors."

But yesterday I had small hints from a coworker and our director that while big changes may be afoot for my department, it might work out rather well for me. I remain hopeful.

Anyway.

SHUTTLECOCK! Who's with me?

I try to time roadtrips so that I am crossing the Mississippi as the sun is rising or setting, so that I can play Cockland at full blast. As it was meant to be.

The first time I ever crossed the Mississippi by car was on a road trip from Phoenix to NYC with a woman I was obsessed with. I made sure we listened to Cockland as we crossed. I felt like such a dork, but it also had to be done.

I ended up deciding 1/2 way through that trip that I would rather be shot than date this woman (Believe me, she felt the same way, no surprises there), and proceeded to do like 90 the rest of the way home to end the fucking trip as rapidly as possible. :)

The first time I ever crossed the Mississippi by car was on a road trip from Phoenix to NYC with a woman I was obsessed with. I made sure we listened to Cockland as we crossed. I felt like such a dork, but it also had to be done.

I ended up deciding 1/2 way through that trip that I would rather be shot than date this woman (Believe me, she felt the same way, no surprises there), and proceeded to do like 90 the rest of the way home to end the fucking trip as rapidly as possible. :)

Everything about this story makes me laugh.

Nice try. The first paragraph was all I needed to hear to know you strangled this woman with your bare hands and left her in a ditch somewhere.

And BTW people, it's "Mo'Cock", not "Mofocock" or whatever.

No? I can't be still when I hear the former. Or the latter.

Discocock is just not a favorite of mine. I liked it a lot more upon its release than I do now. Though, when they broke it out for the first time during the Vertigo tour, in Chicago, I was there and definitely was happy to hear it.

As for Mofo, as I said earlier.....that song, when done Live once they hit their Cockmart stride, was simply insane in the best possible way.

Disclaimer on all my comments: I have not listened to a U2 album (aside from Boy on my birthday) in about eight months, due to my intention of starting refreshed right before NLOTH to get the context properly.

Thus, I'm expecting a radical shift in my thoughts.

Ooh, yay, that would be quite awesome.

And believe you me, I am certainly thinking about traveling for a show or two, assuming I am not mercilessly made to be unemployed by then.

Come down for the LA shows. I've got a spare bed if joyful doesn't claim it first.

Unless my dirty house and spraying cat didn't swear her off of my house forever. :huh:

I see Achtung, Birdie has gone by the wayside while I had dinner with my visiting parents.

Discocock is just not a favorite of mine. I liked it a lot more upon its release than I do now. Though, when they broke it out for the first time during the Vertigo tour, in Chicago, I was there and definitely was happy to hear it.

As for Mofo, as I said earlier.....that song, when done Live once they hit their Cockmart stride, was simply insane in the best possible way.

The sound Hedge got when he was simply muting the strings on Mofo's verses was cool as shit.

Everything about this story makes me laugh.

I ended up making out with her many months later, when we were both terribly drunk. Then, I drove her home (still drunk, me, sigh) where she lived with her boyfriend. I was 23 at the time, I think. Fuck, she was gorgeous. But.....not that bright.

At all.

TMI, whatever, fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom