Shuttlecock! Part 2 - No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Original of the Racquets" is the only song I still really like on HTMAAS.

Cockscumbo, how can you say Crumbs wasn't produced into the ground?? That's the problem with it! That fucking chorus cacophony at the end? :no: I do love the song anyway, though, especially Bono's exultant "Hey!" at the end of the last chorus.

Speaking of leaks, I mentioned this back in a WTAHNN thread, but I've listened to the last three albums in advance, and I'm not doing it again. For POPPYCOCK some radio station played the thing in its entirety and I recorded it onto cassette tape, listening to it over and over until the album came out. I can't believe I settled for that shitbag quality. For ATYCLC and HTMAAC the songs were leaked out of order, which was also an sub-par way to experience them for the first time. Of course, with the jukebox nature of those albums (especially when the former's running order was in dispute to begin with) made it less of a problem.

Also, my comments on the clip: Doesn't sound amazing, but I'm just so glad they're weird again--this sounds like some of the loopier stuff on Cockropa and POPPYCOCK.

I'm rocking Ball Boy on vinyl as I write this. I forgot how much I love "An Cock Dubh." I've also been listening to Poppycock in the car and "Mo'cock" is still as perfect as the first time I heard it. I'm glad Shuttlecock Fever has caught us all, because it has me listening to them for the first time in a very, very long time.

And you know, I think if Scumby, Cori, and Lance's Dad are all waiting, I ought to do it too. I'll wait till March 3, go get it on 180g vinyl, have some drinks, and live blog it here or some shit. Who the fuck knows? The possibilities are endless. Shuttlecock.

Last edited:
1. Crumbs from Your Table
2. City of Blinding Lights
3. Original of the Species
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. Miracle Drug
6. Vertigo
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
9. One Step Closer
10. All Because of You
11. Yahweh

I guess.

To listen to the leak or not to? That is the question.

And you know, I think if Scumby, Cori, and Lance's Dad are all waiting, I ought to do it too.

You totally should. Total and complete abstinence is the way to go.

... except for the single. That's just making out, and that's totally okay.

You totally should. Total and complete abstinence is the way to go.

... except for the single. That's just making out, and that's totally okay.

What if I listen to the bonus tracks? Is that like how you retain your virginity if you only go anal?

Buttsechs still counts.

come on, now. Our Lord and Saviour Bono wants us all to remain pure and unspoiled.

I'm rocking Ball Boy on vinyl as I write this. I forgot how much I love "An Cock Dubh." I've also been listening to Poppycock in the car and "Mofo" is still as perfect as the first time I heard it. I'm glad Shuttlecock Fever has caught us all, because it has me listening to them for the first time in a very, very long time.

That's "Mo'cock", buddy.

What if I listen to the bonus tracks? Is that like how you retain your virginity if you only go anal?

Actually, it's like not having sex but letting someone pee on you.

Get a record player and you'll notice the difference, whippersnapper.

Get a record player and the greatest sound system of all time, and you'll notice the difference, whippersnapper.

Fix'd.

One format is not miles ahead of the rest. Certain albums are improved with vinyl, others sound better digital, and it takes some killer speakers to notice the difference either way.

I has killer speakers.

I'll probably wind up backing out on my pact with cori, laz, and scumby and listening to the first 64 kb/s transcode mp3 rip I find though. So it's ALLLLLLLLLLL good.

Also, "Wild Volley" off ATYCLC is a horrible song.

Annabel, Annabel, Annabel, you're a slut.

She's a party girl with a bad habit, a bad habit for drugs.

She's a slut and she knows it, she wants to root all the boys.

She can't help taking the drugs on a Saturday night.

She's so mean but I don't care
I love her eyes and her wild, wild hair
dance to the beat, that we love best
heading for the nineties
raping in the wild wild west

Yo, this concert for Barcock Obama is starting pretty soon but I don't have HBO. What does a guy gotta do to get some 'Cock on a Sunday afternoon?

So, on Itunes:

1. There are two bonus tracks w/o names.
Is this common to not have the bonus tracks named on Itunes?
Seems odd, perhaps they haven't decided which songs yet?
Maybe they'll let users choose from a set of songs?

2. The album cover on Itunes is sans Giant Floating Equal Sign

Well, for those who missed the Inauguration (my review):
3/4 of Shuttlecock sounded pretty damn good but Boner did not.

Dude's got two songs to sing and couldn't help from his voice cracking like it was the skull on the wrong end of a Henry Hill pistol whipping.

That said, I don't care much for COBL on the record, but live, it's a pretty great song.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the voice cracking. Couldn't tell based on that setlist thread. The second coming of U2 was going on over there apparently.

Haha, yep^, I bet that's exactly what it was. I can sympathize. Fuck it, free concert.

He sang the assassination verse in Pride, yet (impromptu) changed the lyrics to COBL.

I didn't get the 'cringe' factor from the MLK thing in Pride like I thought I would, but when he was throwing "America" in there on COBL, it just sounded corny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom