Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting here, nodding along to "Sleep Like A Baby" and like, yeah, I can dig this, and everything's feeling pleasant and safe and then, the suicide line just jarred me right out of the song :lol:. Then, of course, it goes into a slightly blaring guitar bit, so I'm guessing that was the intention.

EDIT: Oh sweet Jesus, falsetto.

This album is finishing STRONG.

Would love to hear the alternate reality album where Danger Mouse did the whole thing.

I'm kinda feeling slightly opposite, at the moment, but I am NOT listening to this on good headphones, at all, so I can't comment too strongly on production, atm...I do like the alien invasion that's occurring during Reach Around, though.

They performed something at the Apple thing?

I can't figure out how to get the freaking digital booklet opened.

I changed my mind, I didn't like that song at first and that was what my last comment was based on, but by the end, it's possibly my favorite track so far.

On the first listen to the album is better than I expected honestly, nothing as bad as the middle of the last one anyway

Should be interesting after the whole OMG!!!!1111NEWU2!!!11 wears off where this will rank among their post Pop work. It already sounds much more impressive than ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Not sure if it really has a hit single, but if the entire album is strong and it receives critical success, then I think the band will be happy with it.

Overall, I don't get the feeling I had from NLOTH where I knew right away that there were 2-3 songs I didn't care for.

Nothing jumped out at me as particularly memorable, but that also means I didn't immediately hate anything. There's a victory in that.

Very nice finish...

OK....just gotta...take a step away for a bit now...far too much time spent on U2.

Wow, a lot of activity during just a drive home. Good on them for putting an album out there without the usual fanfare.

They performed something at the Apple thing?

I can't figure out how to get the freaking digital booklet opened.

Answer me.

I've tried redownloading the booklet, and it opening it in different programs. No dice.

Should be interesting after the whole OMG!!!!1111NEWU2!!!11 wears off where this will rank among their post Pop work. It already sounds much more impressive than ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Not sure if it really has a hit single, but if the entire album is strong and it receives critical success, then I think the band will be happy with it.

Overall, I don't get the feeling I had from NLOTH where I knew right away that there were 2-3 songs I didn't care for.

Yeah. To be honest I don't think they hit the creative peaks of No Line. However, this is obviously a more direct album, lyrically and sonically.

What strikes me most is that this just doesn't sound like what we're used to; neither the Eno/Lanois combo or the Lillywhite work. And that's going to take getting used to. A couple songs definitely sound too shiny but there's definitely some interesting things happening on each song.

Most importantly, as you mentioned, there's nothing here that bothers me like Cock Crazy or Stand Up Referee.

The Doubles was a good song on its own but really anticlimactic as a closer. It just ends, and not in a dramatically abrupt way like Courts Of Lebanon.

Gotta get on the road, wasted almost an hour "working late at the office" already, traffic's gonna suck and I'm gonna be late for dinner. See you folks later this evening.

Have we cockified "This Is How You Can Reach Around" yet? If not, we cool with that name?

Back
Top Bottom