Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #556
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Just saw I Am Legend. Will Smith was fantastic. Other than that, it was alright. Wasn't really thinking it would end up being a kind of zombie movie, but ... it did. Although I'm puzzled that someone as smart as him could not have figured out a better plan for the last scene. Not trying to give too much away, though.

7/10

Old 12-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Golden compass

7/10 Definitely read the book or this will be harder to watch. Decent fantasy for Christmas time, well done leading role and superb effects (especially love the bears). The only drawback is I feel they toned the book down for cinema audience (I only wonder what the next two movies will be like) still worth seeing though.
That said, New Line Cinema...bring on The Hobbit, and soon.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #558
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Unless it's an international hit, there's a good chance there won't be other Golden Compass films.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Yeah...they did have the standard "let's let them know there's more coming" ending, but ultimately it will probably come down to how much money it makes.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #560
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:03 AM
I saw this on Thursday, and liked it well enough. Unfortunately, I think it's going the same way as Lemony Snickett, which was also a creative, darker children's fantasy that didn't do enough box office to justify a sequel.

A shame, really, thought I really couldn't see Kidman committing to a trilogy anyway.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor

Saw

I don't know how to rate this - I just wanted to see it so I could see what all the fuss was about. It was more suspenseful than I thought it would be. Frankly, I went in expecting 90 minutes of Cary Elwes and the other dude stuck in the room and playing Jigsaw's game.

Not bad. I have no desire to see the other ones, but at least now I know what the heck everyone is talking about. (Or was, anyway.)

Edit: Okay, I actually typed that up before the movie was over, and now that it's done, I have to applaud the ending of the movie - those last 10 minutes were a good wallop!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #562
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

We're actually scheduled to do the Tampa area next, and then Tallahassee. Aside from being a college town, is the latter supposed to be something great? I just figured there would be a bunch of dumb blonde girls from all over the South.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tallahassee (and most of northern Florida) is more Georgia than Florida. Take of that what you will .
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #563
Blue Crack Distributor

The Passion of the Christ

Again, wanted to see it just so I could see what the fuss was about. It was interesting to hear the dialogue spoken in those ancient languages, and the first hour was more interesting than I would have thought.

Then I got to the part where Jesus gets whipped, and I started fast-forwarding. I pretty much fast-forwarded all the way to the end of the movie. I certainly know what all the fuss was about regarding the violence now.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

A well-shot and well-acted film that seems to serve no other purpose than to bait Catholics into feeling even guiltier than they already do, and just reeks of exploitation and the same bloodlust that's featured in trash like Hostel, Saw, etc.

Fuck Mel Gibson.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #565
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Finally, after eons of looking for it, I got to see Der Himmel über Berlin (Wings of Desire). I'm probably the last person on the board to watch this.

The story was meandering and existentialist-y, but in a pleasant way, not heavy-handed, or mock-worthy as it easily could have been, if it had been done by someone else. I'm a sucker for gorgeous cinematography, and this movie was amazing in that respect. The visuals were bleak, stark, and overwhelmingly beautiful. I'm going to need to watch it again soon, to get the full impact, as opposed to having half my attention on the subtitles.

9/10
Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
A well-shot and well-acted film that seems to serve no other purpose than to bait Catholics into feeling even guiltier than they already do, and just reeks of exploitation and the same bloodlust that's featured in trash like Hostel, Saw, etc.

Fuck Mel Gibson.

Its supposed to bait YOU into feeling more guilty than you already do.

Sinner.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #567
Blue Crack Distributor

I didn't feel guilty. I felt skeeved out.

Frankly, it made me want to watch Jesus Christ Superstar, where everyone is an icky hippy and sings catchy songs, but at least no one gets all gory.

(Well, Jesus gets gory in the whipping scene, but at least it's accompanied by a funky beat while Pilate counts out the 39 lashes.)
Old 12-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

I really hated the passion of the christ. The scene that seals the deal for me is when one of the other criminals on the crosses starts to mock jesus and a crow comes and pluck at his eye. That's no where in the bible - I checked. So Mel added that into the script .... because the movie needed a little violence?

WTF?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #569
Blue Crack Distributor

And lo, wouldst thou mockest the Messiah, a crow shall plucketh out thine eyes. And the other dudes on the crosses shalt proclaim "WTF?"
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
And lo, wouldst thou mockest the Messiah, a crow shall plucketh out thine eyes. And the other dudes on the crosses shalt proclaim "WTF?"

Ha ha. She's still reading the King James version. Philistine.