Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #436
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Have you been before?

Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Have you been before?
I think I've been to NYC roughly 7 times before. Possibly my favorite place on Earth. I would have tried to go to school there if I had used a bit more foresight and could have afforded it.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #438
Blue Crack Supplier

Ok, good...would hate if this were your first foray into the city and you did not have time to explore.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ok, good...would hate if this were your first foray into the city and you did not have time to explore.
Yeah, my only obvious regret from past trips has been never making it to the World Trade Center. The first time we went there, it was back in 1999 or 2000 I believe, and we actually had dinner reservation at Windows Over the World (I think that's what it was called), but we couldn't catch a cab in time to make it there, so we ended up crossing the street and dining at Sardi's (An absolutely wonderful choice of course, and I've been there again twice since), but you can probably imagine how much that pisses me off now.

But I don't know, I'll probably have 3 friends going with me on the trip, and I'm not sure how many of them have been to the city before, so I might actually try to give us as much time there as possible to explore a bit, even at the expense of the Youth Without Youth showing. So we'll see what happens.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #440
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

Yeah, my only obvious regret from past trips has been never making it to the World Trade Center. The first time we went there, it was back in 1999 or 2000 I believe, and we actually had dinner reservation at Windows Over the World (I think that's what it was called), but we couldn't catch a cab in time to make it there, so we ended up crossing the street and dining at Sardi's (An absolutely wonderful choice of course, and I've been there again twice since), but you can probably imagine how much that pisses me off now.

But I don't know, I'll probably have 3 friends going with me on the trip, and I'm not sure how many of them have been to the city before, so I might actually try to give us as much time there as possible to explore a bit, even at the expense of the Youth Without Youth showing. So we'll see what happens.
I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of what you elect to do. It's an amazing place, as you need not be told.

As for the WTC, I understand. It's amazing how many NY'ers had never even visited the buildings, let alone tourists. I've been, but not since 9/11....I still can't bring myself to visit Ground Zero, though, I did force myself to watch United 93, which was sort of cathartic for me.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor

Just got back from my double feature of No Country For Old Men and Atonement.

I'm not good at talking at length about movies (or books, for that matter). But I know what I like.

And I loved both of these movies. Atonement was everything I'd hoped it would be and the ending (true to the book) moved me more than I was expecting.

No Country For Old Men had me on the edge of my seat multiple times. Loved it. The ending caught me off guard by its abruptness (one guy, way down near the front piped up at the fade to black: "That's it?" Heh.). But I loved it.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #442
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Chigurgh would pwn Hannibal Lector, Leatherface, and Norman Bates in like 5 seconds.

He's a B.A. to the max.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

*craps pants*
Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

We need a March Madness-style 64 villian/hero tournament on this site....32 of each...Chigurgh, Batman, Optimus Prime, The Terminator, Darth Maul, Khan, Neo, Bill the Butcher etc.....need many planets/places to serve as the host sites....so, if Superman gets seeded on or near Krypton, he's fucked....Hoth could host, Rivendell, the Matrix, Autobot City, the 5 points.......

I just re-read this and it reminded me, for the umpteenth time, that I'm one of the world's largest dorks. Whatever.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Anton Chigurh vs. Darth Vader.

That's a tough one.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #446
Blue Crack Distributor

Ah, but there is still good left in Vader.

Chigurh? Not sure on that one. Darth struggles with his remaining slice of goodness. Anton flips a coin.

And hey, can someone clear up a plot point for me?

I couldn't quite figure out what Jimmy Root and Woody Harrelson had to do with everything. They were in on the drug deal? Who did they work for?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #447
Blue Crack Supplier

Who says Vader and Chigurh even meet....it's a field of 64, they might be seeded in different brackets....
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #448
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We need a March Madness-style 64 villian/hero tournament on this site....32 of each...Chigurgh, Batman, Optimus Prime, The Terminator, Darth Maul, Khan, Neo, Bill the Butcher etc.....need many planets/places to serve as the host sites....so, if Superman gets seeded on or near Krypton, he's fucked....Hoth could host, Rivendell, the Matrix, Autobot City, the 5 points.......

I just re-read this and it reminded me, for the umpteenth time, that I'm one of the world's largest dorks. Whatever.
A Heroes vs. Villains March Madness-style tourney?

Dude, we really should do this
right after I accumulate all of the shit for the Decade Lists.

Because we all need to see Ellen Ripley vs. Han Solo and Megatron vs. Bruce the Shark right now
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier

See, I don't know if 32 villians should be in the South and East, with the good guys in the West and Midwest brackets, if you follow....I think each bracket gets 8 good guys, and 8 bad, and if 4 bad guys advance to the Final Four, so be it.

Either way, it needs to go down.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #450
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Hmm, that would be pretty awesome.

As long as it's held on Space Moon and narrated by Gus Johnson, I think we all win.