Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #406
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Ratatouille. 9/10.

I loved this movie, maybe more than any other Pixar film (sorry, Nemo). Intelligent and witty and the graphics are amazing. Great, 3D characters, just a perfect little movie.
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Ma Vie En Rose 9/10
biopic about Edith Piaf

The telling of the story was a bit of a mess, but the actress playing Edith Piaf was stunning. I've always loved her voice and music but knew nothing about her fascinating childhood and overall tragic life. Really an amazing story. At nearly 2 1/2 hours, it's a bit long but I highly recommend it.
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #408
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 06:44 PM
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film About Wilco

This movie follows the year of recording Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, as well as the fall-out that followed, both in the band (with the departure of Jay Bennett) and with Reprise Records, who dropped the band and gave them YHF to shop around to other labels.

A good look into the band's creative process, and it has some great performance footage. Even if you're not a big Wilco fan, it's worth seeing because of the way it examines creative vs. financial success in the music industry. 8/10
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #409
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery

Just a total classic. It had me rolling the whole time.


"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy."

Oh, and Elizabeth Hurley doesn't hurt the film either.

9/10
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #410
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Eagle vs Shark 8/10
__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #411
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,709
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
"Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy."


Love that line.
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:17 AM   #412
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,709
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Cache (Hidden)

I cannot rate this movie because I totally don't understand what happened. I was sucked in, on the edge of my seat, appalled at one very specific "OH MY GOD" kind of scene ... and I totally don't understand what I was supposed to take away from the ending.

WHO WAS MAKING THOSE TAPES????
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #413
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery

Just a total classic. It had me rolling the whole time.


"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy."

Oh, and Elizabeth Hurley doesn't hurt the film either.

9/10
The last half of that monologue is still pretty amazing.

"My childhood was typical... summers in Rangoon... luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets."
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 AM   #414
New Yorker
 
bonocrazy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: WV and VA, USA
Posts: 2,742
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


The last half of that monologue is still pretty amazing.

"My childhood was typical... summers in Rangoon... luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets."
"At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it."
__________________
bonocrazy88 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:30 AM   #415
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:44 PM
That was fun to quote as an 8-year-old... y parents and teacher loved it, that's for sure.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:32 AM   #416
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Ratatouille. 9/10.

I loved this movie, maybe more than any other Pixar film (sorry, Nemo). Intelligent and witty and the graphics are amazing. Great, 3D characters, just a perfect little movie.
Just got back from seeing this and I agree wholeheartedly. The graphics alone are just stunning - but it's the storytelling that Pixar always seems to nail. Just the right mix of humor, wit and heart.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Thank You For Smoking 8.5/10

Aaron Eckhart stars as a lobbyist for the tobacco industry, the self-proclaimed "sultan of spin," who struggles to balance playing a large role in his son's life with the work that makes him public enemy #1.
The movie has a great supporting cast including William H. Macy, Katie Holmes, and Robert Duvall. It's satirical, but it has a strong emotional center, too. Netflix recommended this one to me, and I liked it a lot more than I expected to.
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #418
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:44 PM
The MOD Squad scenes are by far my favorites of the whole movie.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #419
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 06:44 PM
They were great. I really liked how the movie played with stereotypes. Most of the characters were slimeballs, but lovable ones.
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #420
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
Thank You For Smoking 8.5/10

Aaron Eckhart stars as a lobbyist for the tobacco industry, the self-proclaimed "sultan of spin," who struggles to balance playing a large role in his son's life with the work that makes him public enemy #1.
The movie has a great supporting cast including William H. Macy, Katie Holmes, and Robert Duvall. It's satirical, but it has a strong emotional center, too. Netflix recommended this one to me, and I liked it a lot more than I expected to.
I concur! My friends had seen it and said it was good. Caught it on cable a few weeks ago
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com