Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoIsMyMuse said:
They were great. I really liked how the movie played with stereotypes. Most of the characters were slimeballs, but lovable ones.

Aaron Eckhart especially, I can't wait to see how he plays Harvey Dent / Two-Face. :drool:

Lancemc said:
I never really liked Connery as Bond. And yes, I have seen his best bond films. He's only ever considered the best because he was the first.

On top of that, the man isn't even British.

But seriously, Moore and Brosnan were both fantastic. But Craig is looking to be the best yet. He's already my favorite by quite a gap.

I used to think that too, but after watching From Russia with love :up: I'd have to agree. Best Bond movie (great blend of story, suspense, action) and best Bond.

He's the perfect mix of a womaniser/assasin/worldly secret agent/presence on camera. Moore and Brosnan are better in the "charming Bond" department for me, while Craig - the most impressive in fight scenes - has to show something more than just tough Bond. But they are not the complete package that Connery is. (I'll say nothing of Lazenby and Dalton...)

Well, he's close enough (certainly better than Lazenby) to being a Brit.

Babel

Good overall movie, but I agree with most of the people talking about the Japanese girl story line......was it necessary? Dunno.

6/10

I thought the Japanese storyline was the most interesting of the bunch. Yeah, it probably had the loosest ties to the central story, but she was the only character I really found myself caring about.

Harry Potter (OOTP). 7.5/10.

They cut a lot out of this one compared to the others, but truth be told, I didn't mind. I even found it a bit slow moving in the beginning, despite all the edits. That said, I liked the movie more than the book (OOTP was my least favourite since the 2nd book came out), and that's something.

A mighty Heart

6.5 / 10

I can't say anything bad about it

I guess because one knows the story
there is not much to anticipate

I did enjoy the location shots
and the acting was all around very good

Knocked Up - 9/10

A hilarious, affectionate film that thankfully has nothing in common with the formulaic, Hollywood-cutesy, phony, godawful romantic comedies that have been letting the genre down of late. Great leads and even better supporting cast (and for my money Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen were the REAL love story of the movie, :wink:)

The Wedding Singer - 8.5/10

A very sweet, sad, and altogether funny movie. One of the few movies where Adam Sandler isn't annoying. The fashion and music is an obvious caricature of the time, but it adds flavor to the film.

Oh, and Drew Barrymore is :drool: (why is it that every time I review a film, I have to mention the woman I found most attractive? :grumpy: Damn hormones. :mad: :D :sad: :combust: :happy: )

Die Hard 4.0 - 9/10

We went to see this when we were in Dublin. I haven't seen the prior Die Hard films :reject: so I was a bit skeptical about what to expect. This a full out great action flick. There's a few one liners that are groan worthy.. but beyond that.. great movie. I totally recommend it!

Black Snake Moan

7.5/10

You know, I enjoyed that a lot more than I was expecting. I watched it mostly out of curiosity. I gave it an extra half point for the awesome blues music.

Hairspray - 7.5/10

It was expecting to hate it (hooray for free screenings), but it was surprisingly entertaining! John Travolta (as a woman) and Christopher Walken as a married couple?? A++, worth admission alone. Seriously. The dynamic between them was adorable, even if Travolta constantly made the audience laugh with his over-the-top facial expressions and Dr. Evil-ish feminine accent
105tz8.gif

Hairspray

8/10

Loved it! So much fun. I love that they plucked the lead actress out of obscurity for this - she was perfect!

The Thing

And I thought John Carpenter and Kurt Russell were badass already, now they team up again to make one of the tensest, insane, disgusting movies ever. The last 30-40 minutes are spectacular. I'd tell you the best part of the movie, but I don't want to spoil it for you. My only gripe is that parts are too disgusting for me to want to watch very often, but great nonetheless.

*** out of ****

new HP movie , quite good , except they killed off gary oldman's character :mad: :mad: :mad:

now i'm so sad

some people should quit watching the office all the time ......
and this young kid who plays the wiz can really act ( who knew ??!!! )

the movie haS a weird star wars vibe all around it
but it's all great

arrested development on dvd , season 2

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Once is showing at our art theater here. I was going to go see it, but when I saw that it's only an hour and 25 minutes, I decided to just wait to see it on DVD. It does look very good, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Signs - 9/10

Just a fantastic film all around. Dry humor, disturbing CGI aliens, and strong acting fit together to make for one of my favorite horror-that's-more-intense-than-frightening films.

abigail_breslin10.jpg

Rescue Dawn - Christian Bale is one of the best actors around , human story with good ending , they should make Predator 3 with bale , get back to the original story with jungles and all that , maybe even add arnold as a mentor

Signs is good, but the director's "I have a surprise twist at the end" shtick is getting old.

The Prestige

Very good!
I loved watching the sets and the outfits, it set the mood properly.

Great performances by Bale, he is becoming one of my favorite actors. Once again, Caine did not dissapoint.

8/10

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

8.5/10

I FINALLY got around to watching this classic. Absolutely hilarious. Ok, I admit that I'm a bit lame and had to turn the subtitles on at certain points to understand what they were saying, but otherwise, really damn funny.

Kind of dragged a bit for me around the 3/4 mark, and the ending??? Well, I had to rewind and watch it over again to make sure I wasn't missing something. Very bizarre ending, but then again, it was a very bizarre movie.

The horseback riding just cracked me up EVERY time. Especially at the end when they dismount and "leave the horses". :lmao:

The Host

6/10

Monster terrorizes Seoul. One family battles back against quarantine and the military to try and find a family member who was scooped up by the monster ... is she alive, or is her father delusional?

Eh ... it was okay. I was expecting to like it more, based on the reviews I'd read. Parts were good, parts were meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom