Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
Another need for the :| smilie:

I just spend the last 2 hours making pastries with pre-made dough and fillings to practice making shapes for my practical on Friday. The stuff is not cheap to buy. I made a milk/powdered sugar glaze. After I drizzled it all over my pretty pastries, I noticed a funny smell. I went over to the milk container and :yikes: bad milk! :madwife: It doesn't even expire until next month. :mad:

:sad: what a waste. Now I have to toss everything.

:barf:

That sucks. I have a phobia of bad milk from a very tropical stormy summer we had...I think we had three storms in two weeks that knocked out the power for a couple of days each, and it seemed like any milk that came into the house immediately went sour. :yuck: I still tend to sniff a half-full carton of milk...just in case.

arw9797 said:
Another need for the :| smilie:

I just spend the last 2 hours making pastries with pre-made dough and fillings to practice making shapes for my practical on Friday. The stuff is not cheap to buy. I made a milk/powdered sugar glaze. After I drizzled it all over my pretty pastries, I noticed a funny smell. I went over to the milk container and :yikes: bad milk! :madwife: It doesn't even expire until next month. :mad:

:sad: what a waste. Now I have to toss everything.

That totally sucks! :(

I am soooooooo tired I could go to bed for the night right now....which could be good since I have to be up early in the morning for an appointment with my parents. Tomorrow is going to be a very stressful day.

well according to my parents, the milk smells fine. :crack: I ran out for a few hours and came home to find they had eaten lots of pastries covered in the milk and lived to tell the tale so maybe it's just me :reject:

On tonight's Iron Chef, it's an actual meal and not just one item. BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aside from the meat, I want to attack my TV right now. Plus, the Iron Chef in this episode is Bobby Flay :love: :drool:

:uhoh: :shifty:

One of the Chef's is making French Toast and I just heard talk of PUMPKIN!!!!!!!!!! :combust: Plus, with all the talk of breakfast in this thread, it's all I can think about now. The greek salad I had for dinner was boring.

All of my lunch buddies at work no longer work with me :sad: or a breakfast place for lunch would be visited tomorrow. :grumpy:

arw9797 said:
well according to my parents, the milk smells fine. :crack: I ran out for a few hours and came home to find they had eaten lots of pastries covered in the milk and lived to tell the tale so maybe it's just me :reject:

I hope it is just you otherwise they may have some "fun" :uhoh:
later............

Kariann said:

That totally sucks! :(

I am soooooooo tired I could go to bed for the night right now....which could be good since I have to be up early in the morning for an appointment with my parents. Tomorrow is going to be a very stressful day.

~sending happy, non-stressful thoughts your way~

I have spent the day
napping, deleting some stuff off the ol' computer to gain some space and now folding and hanging clothes.
At 9pm it is quitting time and a cup of sleepy time tea will be made :up:
if someone could find one of my remote controls for me, I would be grateful

shari schultz said:
I have spent the day
napping, deleting some stuff off the ol' computer to gain some space and now folding and hanging clothes.

Hey, me too! Except for the folding and hanging clothes part :reject:.

u2torrents had yearbooks 1983, 1984, 1986 and 1987 vol. 1 and they just about killed my C drive, so I had to burn them today :lol:.

kellyahern said:

Hey, me too! Except for the folding and hanging clothes part :reject:.

u2torrents had yearbooks 1983, 1984, 1986 and 1987 vol. 1 and they just about killed my C drive, so I had to burn them today :lol:.

and you'd love to make your friends copies, right? :sexywink: :flirt:

I was supposed to get the one from 1995 but I never heard about it again. I guess they forgot :sad:

Anyone want to come to my work for breakfast tomorrow? I have cinnamon rolls, hot cross buns, 4 different types of danish, croissants, and chocolate croissants. I didn't realize I had that much stuff until I put it all in one gigantic container. I think there's close to 40 pieces in my large round cake container. This is the final time I'm bringing stuff in to everyone so I might as well go out big!

what the hell is it with me and March? I went through a bout of insomnia last March and am going through it AGAIN this year. :crack: :help:

I really believe you can get jetlag from daylight savings time. I LOOOOVE that the sun is out until almost 8:30 now (we're just a liiiittle too far west to be on Eastern time, but I'm not complaining), but it makes it really hard to go to bed at a normal time.

On the other hand, it's still 75 degrees out, we have another hour and a half of sunlight, and we're not even halfway through March yet. :dance: I've officially broken out the flip flops.

And now it's time for...

Questions You'd Prefer Not to Ask While Baking Cookies

"Hey, where'd that egg go?"

:uhoh:

Anwer: The egg rolled right off the island onto the floor, making a gooey, yolky mess. :happy:

I am hosting a little branch baby shower for the teller supervisor and his wife in about an hour and a half. I finished the cookies, cleaned up the egg on the floor, and now all I want to do is take a nap but I have to clean a pile of CD's off the kitchen table, sweep the floor, and put together the sandwich platter.

:yawn:

20 minutes wouldn't really hurt...and maybe the roomie will get home from work in time to help me...:hmm:

:wave: Hi Randoooooom

I have a major practical tonight. :yikes: It's so big that half the class takes it tonight and half tomorrow. We have a paper due and another project due next week so if we're not taking the test we have to work on our assignments in the library. I'm so glad mine is tonight and not tomorrow. I just want it to get overwith. We practiced on Monday and I had exploding dough....don't ask :tsk:

I took a 2 hour nap today :love: I'm probably going to get kicked out of work earlier than I thought. I was 3 hours late yesterday, I did call. On Tuesday, I took a 2 hour lunch to go to a French bakery :love: and today I got to work and told them I had to leave at noon...just because I needed a nap. :reject: I got to class early yesterday and stayed late. I had a very long night so I decided I needed a nap before my practical.

:yikes: I got here over an hour and half early just to talk to my former Chef about him signing off for me to apply to the student council. They are taking 3 students from my class and 5 of us want to apply. The good news is that you have to have almost 100% attendance to be considered. Two of the 5 missed a ton of days last time around. Our current Chef can't sign off yet because she hasn't given us a final grade.

Anyone have change for a $10? I forgot my other cash in the pocket of the pants I wore to work today :scream: I'm dying of thirst and drinking tap water all night does not sound like fun.

Well that's all I have.......

Hey where'd that egg go? AND exploding dough?

Happy I don't have to bake anything..................
I should bake, but I just don't feel like it. The co-workers can deal with it. I would rather change bedding and flip a mattress later......................I am a sick puppy. *woof*

kellyahern said:
I hope your exam went okay arw :hug:.

:hug: it did, thanks!

My dough that exploded the other night decided to crack this time around :sad: But I still did better than I thought. I got 1 100, 2 95's, and 2 90's. Still an A and better than my score last time around.

I'm going to go insane sitting here for the next week!!!! :scream: I only set my final date as March 23 so my check today would be for my full amount. If today would have been my last day then my check would have had all of my vacation hours, that I have used but haven't earned, taken out of it. More than likely I will be working for free next week and will not get a check for my final week. :|

Back
Top Bottom