Randoooooooooooooom Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:faint: The Police will be in St Paul during my summer break in July!!!!!!!!! :hyper: I was going to get tickets and skip school to see them if they were going to come on a night I had school :D The only bad part is I was probably going to go away that week. They'll be here on Tuesday. I suppose I couldl leave on Wed and just take a long weekend. :hmm: :hmm:

I called in sick today :love: I really have no desire to drive in the snow right now. It's going to be really nasty out tonight. I'm not sure if school will even be open. I'm debating on skipping for the first time ever. :sad: I really don't want to but our Chef said not to risk anything by coming out if the weather is bad. We have a test tonight but we can make it up for full credit this time since it would be weather related. I really wanted to make the President's list for 100% attendance but if there's a blizzard I think I should stay home. :huh: Even the people that live in student housing a few miles away don't want to come in tonight in the snow and they only have a few miles to drive! :der:

^enjoy your snow day

We have slop. Heavy slop. The roof of a grocery store just fell in.
Can't wait to go outside

arw9797 said:
:faint: The Police will be in St Paul during my summer break in July!!!!!!!!! :hyper: I was going to get tickets and skip school to see them if they were going to come on a night I had school :D The only bad part is I was probably going to go away that week. They'll be here on Tuesday. I suppose I couldl leave on Wed and just take a long weekend. :hmm: :hmm:

The Police are coming to Tampa on a Wednesday the same week my sister and I are going to the beach. At least I'm already off. It's about a 3 hour drive time, so we'll probably just come back for the concert and spend the night at home, then drive back to the beach in the morning.

I think Sting should reimburse us for gas money though :wink:

As my sister said, "It's The Police. We're going." :lol:

School is cancelled!!!!!!!!!!! Closing at noon today :drool: My Chef said last night that she talked to our previous Chef, who has been with the shcool forever. He said they have only closed once in the entire time he's been there so she fully expected class to be on for tonight.

Even my mom's place closed so she's home too. :yikes:

kellyahern said:

As my sister said, "It's The Police. We're going." :lol:

That's EXACTLY what I've said all along! You don't just not go see The Police! My brother went to see them in 1983 or something like that. I remember being really upset that I couldn't go too. :( I was going to go see them even if I had to fly to another state to see them on a Saturday night. This is so perfect. Now I just need to be able to get tickets!

The Barefoot Contessa is making a Baba Rum cake! I LOVE seeing things on Food Network that I've made in class! A few weeks ago, Emeril said he didn't "mise en place" very good before the show because he couldn't find a spoon he needed. I about fell over when he said that. It's a huge term at school that every Chef says about 10 times a night. It means everything in it's place. You're supposed to get everything ready that you'll need for a recipe before you start, including your utensils. Then you're supposed to clean up as you go. :reject: I love Food Network :nerd:

:crazy:

All 3 of the main networks have a scroll on the bottom of the screen about what schools are closed. Now along with schools and religous establishments announcing closing, fitness centers and shopping malls are listing their closings too. :crack:

:drool: :drool: :drool: I just talked to my coworker that left yesterday (see journal for boring details). She has been on the phone non stop with all of us today, including our evil manager. Anyways, someone at the office said a lot of people didn't make it in today or just left early in the morning. An official snow emergency email went out at 1:00 saying we are closing and more than likely will not be open tomorrow!

Highways are closing in southern MN close to Iowa and the National Guard is being called out to help with snow removal. The City of Minneapolis has declared a snow emergency as did the tiny little city my school is located in. I'm just hysterically happy right now over all of this :D I'm so exhausted and really had no energy to study for my test that was to be tonight. A four day weekend with nothing to do other than study for a test!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: I've already read the chapters so it's just going to be review plus it's all an easy read.

:ohmy: now St Paul has declared a snow emergency too.

My poor brother is in denial that it's really this bad out. He works downtown Mpls in a tall building so his perspective of the streets is all messed up. He called an hour ago and said he's not leaving work until his regular time. I predicated he won't get home until 7:00. I should have bet him money.

Ok the college that my school used to run out of, and still has a few kitchens located in, is closed tomorrow. They are right down the street from my school. My school is not listed on the news scroll bar, the news website, or their own website as being closed tomorrow but everything else on the planet appears to be closed. :huh:

yes...me again....no school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

How the hell am I supposed to know what to do about work? I suppose I could call the front desk tomorrow and see if anyone answers the phone. There's not a chance in hell that I'm going in to that rotten place with all of this snow anyways. :tsk:

:| I can't figure out if work is open or not. There's no way I can leave my house. There's a foot of snow in my driveway and the streets are not plowed.

We ended up having some thunderstorms and its VERY windy out today. I saw on the news that MN was getting hit with snow again....just don't pass it on this way.

I haven't been feeling well at all this week and really wish I could just stay home seeing as though whatever we get in tonight we have to save for some time trials on Monday morning which means we will most likely be helping in the warehouse. I am in no mood for physical labor today. :grumpy:

My partner at work finally answered his phone at 8:30. He said they gave out the emergency weather phone number yesterday and said to call it today before coming in for work. The office opened at 9:00 officially. He was the only one there at 8:30. At the time we talked, no snow plows had been around to clean up our street or driveways but they had plowed the main city streets. I think everything is plowed by now but oh well.......

:huh: oh what a strange, strange week I've had......

I have been dying to know the final payoff on my car for months. I could have sworn I owed about $300 in late fee's from when I was unemployeed a few years ago and not on automatic payments. I finally found the phone # and my account number. I called. It said my final balance was not available. So I stayed on the line to speak to a customer service rep. She said my final payment was made in Feb and I owe .9 cents. They absorb anything under a few dollars so I am free and clear. WTF. Last year my dad looked into doing a trade in on my car. We called for my payoff and I swear there was an additional fee. I don't get it. I have factored in a March payment plus an additional $300-400 in late fee's for this month. I bought my car in March of 2002 so that would mean my first payment was in April 2002. I thought for sure my last payment was to be this month. My brother just made a comment that they're pretty good at keeping track of people's accounts so if they say my car is paid off and I owe nothing then I shouldn't argue with them! :der:

:reject: :uhoh: Just to be on the safe side, I'm saving my saved March car money just in case they told me the wrong info. :reject:

I think I've been locked up in the house for too long now. My ride to the pubs will be here soon. :love:

What's even more strange about the above post is that I deal with leases and loans all day long at work. You'd think I would know how to calculate my own loan term. :der:

:scratch: I'm so confused........

I would think your last payment would be this month, too. :huh: That's all right...bought the car in March, first payment would be not less than 30 days later so most likely in April, and you'd be done this month.

~Someone else who deals with loans all day (but not leases)

Schmeg said:
I would think your last payment would be this month, too. :huh: That's all right...bought the car in March, first payment would be not less than 30 days later so most likely in April, and you'd be done this month.

~Someone else who deals with loans all day (but not leases)

from what I know, all car payments and house payments are in arrears. Which is one month due after you take possession of whatever item you are getting. However, I did make a $500 downpayment. I can't imagine I would have a loan with an advanced payment but who knows. All I know is she said I'm free and clear and to expect a lien release soon.

Edited to say that my payments have been due on the 26th of each month so that's why I'm confused about not having a payment on March 26th. I had a 60 month term so if my term started in March, my final payment would be in Feb. But normally when your payments are in arrears, it's like your term would really be from April to March even though you took possession in March. :scream: It makes sense when I'm at work dammit! :grumpy:

*note...i've had lots of Guinness in a short time period so I have no idea if what I just said makes any sense...but I know what I'm talking about :D

Has :bono: received his award yet? They keep showing him. :cute:

Last edited:
This is how out of it I've been in the last few months......I opened up iTunes for the first time in a long time to find out that I have iTunes money in my account!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I have been longing for the Police with all of the hype over the tour. My sister owns all of their stuff and probably everything by Sting but she's in Arizona now :happy:

Back
Top Bottom