Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you definetly got to see more of Ireland than I did, but driving in Ireland does seem to be a challenge :lol:. I would never drive in Dublin, that was crazy. The rest of the country wasn't so bad, but the roads are very small, as I'm sure you remember. Even our bus got side swiped by a truck on the way from Killarney to Kenmare:yikes:. Luckily, only the bus driver's side window was damaged, and it was double sided safety glass, so it didn't impact the trip and everyone was okay - one of the kids even said that that was their favorite part of the trip! :lol:

Pics from day 2:

Picasa Web Albums - kelly - Ireland 2008 ...

Can't bury Kelly's pictures in a locked thread so..................

So I made some soup over an hour ago and just as I was about to eat, my phone rang. Then again, and again. I just got off the phone and have cold soup sitting next to me :grumpy: I don't feel like eating anything now. Too late....

The dog is being weird. Tomorrow at this time her mommy will be home and can deal with the goofball.

Mike McCarthy will hold a press conference before the 2 pm practice. Sometime between 9 and noon. Favres car is still at Lambeau. A 4 hour meeting? It is also possible a quarterback/coach sneakout happened.
Reporter just now when asked about situation, "It is deathly quiet"

A Packer Forum is now posting a link to Mankato airport..............Flight Tracker. All is quiet there so far.

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > Mankato Rgnl Airport (Mankato, MN) [KMKT/MKT]

this is just dragging out too long! :madwife: Seriously if he was being considered for any other team I probably woulnd't even give this a second thought. But now I've become almost as obsessed as you! :flirt:

well all seems to be just fantastic in WI sports today........

from yahoo news:
"Brewers slugger Prince Fielder goes after his own pitcher in the Milwaukee dugout. "

:yikes: :hug: Shari :hug:

well all seems to be just fantastic in WI sports today........

from yahoo news:
"Brewers slugger Prince Fielder goes after his own pitcher in the Milwaukee dugout. "

:yikes: :hug: Shari :hug:

My sports teams are imploding...........:sad:
I went to bed to escape it.

Woke up to
~The meeting between MM and BF went 4 1/2 hours and nothing was resolved
~Trade to MN a real possibility
~ A release
~ A third un-named thing

:sigh:

this is just dragging out too long! :madwife: Seriously if he was being considered for any other team I probably woulnd't even give this a second thought. But now I've become almost as obsessed as you! :flirt:

Welcome to my world :D
"Favre will never take the field again for the Packers", was just on the news.

*whimper*

now Peter King from Sports Illustrated is reporting that Brett will be allowed to compete for the starting position

:crack: I can't take much more of this :crack:

Go Bucks! Oh, it isn't basketball season :crack:

Fabulous pics Kelly :applaud:

~wishes I could go to Ireland too~

Today I am getting my teeth cleaned and I get to tell them about some sensitivity I am having in my mouth :uhoh:

More pictures to look at when I get home :hyper:

At lunch and have to go back to work soon :( Oh well only until 3:30 then KELLY PICTURES :hyper:

I knew I had to wipe down the metro racks in the storage room of the old restaurant, but damn, :yuck: some of them :yuck:

It is a go purchase Pine Sol night......a scrub brush too. Tomorrow sounds delightful.

I would also really appreciate it if a certain person would clean up his mess back there......tools everywhere.

Yesterday, we only had one truck that was going to be done in 2 days due to people being on vacation and illness (medical leaves). The distrib. center called and told, TOLD them that you will be getting an additional truck Wed.. That one absolutely has to be done cuz they will be sending that Thursday truck. :happy: The Fall fun begins.....

the dog barked all night last night. :happy: Just when I was finally able to sleep, the cat decided she wanted me to be up with her and tried to push me out of bed! This little girl is 10-12 pounds and she was pushing on my shoulder with her paws as hard as she could to get me up. It was really cute. Annoying but cute.

Both their mommy and daddy will be home within the next few hours. I can't wait to give up dog and cat duty. :crazy:

A somewhat irritated and edgy and other times joking Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy just said in his post-practice press conference that began at 5:06 that he and Favre met twice in the last 24 hours. They talked about everything from Favre coaching high school one day to open competition here in training camp in a "brutally honest" conversation.

"Brett wanted to go and continue some discussions with Ted Thompson and his family."

"My whole purpose in talking with Brett, I thought it was an extremely healthy conversation. I thought it was a conversation that was brutally honest. ... The one thing that I was looking for in that conversation was if that he was totally committed.

"His answer frankly was his mindset... that's not where he was. With that we didn't really move ahead. ... He wasn't in the right mindset to play here. ... Here in Green Bay," McCarthy later clarified. "He wants to play."

McCarthy didn't say a trade was imminent, but rather he expected to talk to Favre more tonight. As of now, McCarthy said Favre was not in the proper midset to be with the Packers right now. McCarthy sounded tired of the subject, saying basically that he has moved on trying to coach the Packers to get ready for the upcoming season.

McCarthy said the conversation started with McCarthy asking Favre, 'Was he coming in to the locker room to play for the GB Packers? Where is your mind at?' And we could never get back to that point, McCarthy said. Instead, the two talked about the saga that has unfolded the last 35 days.

McCarthy would not say if Favre told him specifically that he wanted to play for Minnesota.

In fact, McCarthy sounded like he was never convinced really that Favre wanted to play with the Packers again, and said if he was wrong, he was wrong.

"It's a situation that's extremely personal for him. ... He's in a tough spot right now. ... He's got a lot of things going through his head." He said Favre didn't feel entitled to coming back getting the starting quarterback job and that he would have competed with Aaron Rodgers for it. "And I'm sure it would have been a hell of a fight."

McCarthy also said Favre had a lower abdominal strain and had he been at practice today, he would have been in rehabilitation to treat it. But then a business move was made, and Favre is not on the active roster (see previous post).

McCarthy said he wasn't going to drag quarterback Aaron Rodgers into this any more than he already has.

"Aaron Rodgers has done everything right to this point. Why would I put him through any more than he needs to go through? ... I think he's prepared himself for this opportunity. ... I believe in Aaron because he's very talented." McCarthy said he knew Rodgers would face bumps in the road but that no one is better prepared for the ride ahead than Rodgers.

McCarthy said his own players want the situation resolved and that Favre feels bad about it. "They want this thing resolved as soon as possible."

McCarthy could not answer if Favre would remain in Green Bay

Stalemate, confusion. It is upsetting to see all this happen. I can't be angry at him. It was an amazing run and so much fun. I admit that seeing Brett in a uniform other than a Packer uniform may break my heart. If he wants to play, he should play, though.........
I am sure that there is so much more going on. :sigh: I want a happy ending, whatever that is.
Tampa Bay is being mentioned again when trade rumors come up. Welcome to the club kelly.

A radio station is reporting that Brett is flying back to MS tonight or tomorrow. They are also reporting that Brett may just remain retired.
:sigh: How did it come to all this? What happened? I know rumors have swirled about how TT wanted Brett to retire a while ago........always took it for what it was worth ~ a rumor

Brett to Tampa is being reported................
*Brett to Tampa and then traded to MN is everyones secret fear here, I am sure the Packers would try to get something in the trade contract that said they couldn't but ...........*

The drama continues:
"The Packers didn't hire Ari Fleischer do deal with what has happened, they hired him for what is going to happen"

*big dramatic music~ DUN, DUN, DUN*

Off to clean a kitchen *woot* :|

Isn't the "Favre watch" fun? :happy:

I admit ~ I am sad :(
I took lunch just at the time he was flying out; I watched him hug someone and............honestly, I had a tear in my eye :reject: I said quietly, "thank you for the fun times"

Still doesn't seem real ~ how this all ended and everything.

All season is going to be "what if?"

I have done so many changes of mind on this whole thing, that I am dizzy and more confused than usual.

Just looked at your last pics, kelly. The cliffs are just amazing......
I like your t-shirt in the scones are finished picture........:cool:

I had a cologne made from the flowers from The Burren ......it was quite nice. Can't think of the name right now, but I usually see it at Irish Fest.

A JET?
Well didn't think that he would go to the Jets.......
Gotta say go Brett! The better Brett does, the better it is deal wise for us.

It is blowing peoples minds here.
Schmeg, that means you (meaing the Patriots ;) )will play him once a year? twice a year?
JaglerJohn Jagler HeadlinesHi, my name is John.... and i'm a Jets fan. Story Published: Aug 7, 2008

Make that a freshly minted Jets fan. I can justify cheering for the New York Jets quite simply. Not only can I cheer for Brett, but the better the Jets do, the better the draft pick the Packers will get from them will be. Here is the breakdown on the "conditions" of the fourth round counditional draft pick: The Pack would get a 1st round pick if Favre takes 80%of the snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, a 2nd round pick if the Jets make the playoffs and Favre plays 70%of the snaps or a 3rd round pick if Favre just takes 50% of the Jets snaps. Also, if the Jets turn around and trade the pick to the Vikings, Green Bay would get 3 1st round picks.

As for what Madden 09 is going to do, we don't know yet. Brett is on the cover of the game, coming out August 12th. It's possbile they're eventually sell a new slip cover, or you could always find some on the internet that you could print out. As for playing the game, EA will have a roster update right away for those who can download them. GO JETS!

By the way, you can already order Favre Jerseys on the Jets website. I already ordered mine. Are you getting one? Let me know what you think jagler@620wtmj.com

The talk is that Lambeau is going to be an interesting sight to see........half Packer jerseys, half JET jerseys

The Packers locked Brett out of the lockeroom on Family Night Saturday. THAT is really not sitting well with fans.

I am upset at some Packer fans. They are booing Aaron just for being "not Favre". Aaron Rodgers is in the worst position.

Emotions are running high here............people are saying they won't be using their Lambeau tickets.........

I don't know who these people are: the Packer org. or the fans :(

Jet
Leaving on a Jet plane
Once your a Jet
Benny and the Jets

^music being played as bumper music on radio

They are already calling him Broadway Brettin NY~ inwardly I am screaming everytime they do that~my head is full of screams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom