Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and after my other post this morning, I was way productive so I don't feel like I completely wasted my weekend. I ran errands and got tons of stuff done outside of the house that needed to get done. Then I came home and cleaned up after my messy kitty and also baked a few things that were requested by the parents for a party this weekend.

Thanks!
Am in holding mode.
Very heavy rain and storms right now. Kiss goodbye to water show (unless you count the rain as a water show). Gonna try for 10 am. Rain is supposed to move out and become partly cloudy until late this afternoon when more storms develop. Those are supposed to be isolated/scattered.
Have poncho and umbrella packed. Also garbage bags. Gonna stick another one in for the camera and batteries.

So glad I got up at 5:40 :crack:. I did that so the parents could get ready for church and I wouldn't interfere. Dad went to wake mom up and got a short and sweet, we aren't going. I wonder if she is feeling ok? They are going to see my cousin and his wife later before they leave for home again. I had air show plans so I am not going.

Now we aren't going to air show till 10. Day going splendidly so far.

did you go?!?!?

Yes :) We went. It stopped raining and cleared up beautifully. We got downtown, parked, found our spot just as they were having the C-130 fly over. It was hot and humid. Drank bottles and bottles of water that I had put in a cooler along w/ grapes and string cheese. Thank goodness for umbrellas used for shade.
They ended up rushing the show and skipped the B-1 bombers second flight because clouds and rain were moving into the area. The Thunderbirds came on early and did a quick low show. Lots of sneak *attacks*.
My cousin, who is part of the engineering firm redoing the Hoan bridge (the bridge that is next to the Irish Fest grounds) was on the bridge Friday. I guess he was quite impressed with the practice session as he excitedly texted his parents, "YOU SHOULD SEE THIS! SO COOL" , :lol: . Another air show fan born :D

I have pictures to go through. So far it looks like the Thunderbird pics turned out the best.

It's open enrollment benefit time at work again. If I stay with the same insurance plan I have now, it's $60 a month paycut for me. Yay. :|

:down:

I actually got a raise this year. Wasn't expecting one.......so at least the increase in insurance rates isn't as bad as it could have been.

Big difference in quality of insurance coverage if you change plans? I presume higher deductible and copay......

^ Pretty much. The hospitalization is the real killer. I'm a worst case scenario kind of person. The year that I switch to the lowest option will be the year I get in a car accident and have to go to the hospital with my luck. And if that happened I'd really be screwed financially because the deductible is soooooooo high with the low plan.

I am the same way with the worst case scenario thing....I would keep the same insurance and not downgrade. Peace of mind.

Yes :) We went. It stopped raining and cleared up beautifully. We got downtown, parked, found our spot just as they were having the C-130 fly over. It was hot and humid. Drank bottles and bottles of water that I had put in a cooler along w/ grapes and string cheese. Thank goodness for umbrellas used for shade.
They ended up rushing the show and skipped the B-1 bombers second flight because clouds and rain were moving into the area. The Thunderbirds came on early and did a quick low show. Lots of sneak *attacks*.
My cousin, who is part of the engineering firm redoing the Hoan bridge (the bridge that is next to the Irish Fest grounds) was on the bridge Friday. I guess he was quite impressed with the practice session as he excitedly texted his parents, "YOU SHOULD SEE THIS! SO COOL" , :lol: . Another air show fan born :D

I have pictures to go through. So far it looks like the Thunderbird pics turned out the best.

sounds great.....loved the pics.

just went ball hunting with my master soccer player. He has about 24 balls and we're down to 9 plus I found his "baby" ball. The shelter sent home a ball with him that's the same size as his little balls he plays soccer with so I call it his baby ball :cute: Anyhoo...I should say we're down to 11 because there's 2 stuck way in the back under the entertainment center that I just can't reach. I use a spaghetti spoon that we've renamed the "ball retriever" because it's perfect for snatching up the balls from underneath there. This is really sad...Petco had his balls on clearance for $.98 last week (pack of 4) from $1.99. I bought the last 3 packs because whatever will I do once he loses the last ball? Then I was out and about the other day and was right next to a different Petco so I bought their last 3 packs as well. So now we have just as many packaged up as we have opened. I'm not going to open a new package until the last one disappears. But there's one more Petco in my circle of travel that I'm going to stop in over the weekend. I think a lot of the missing balls are under my bed but that's a scary thought to try to find them there....If I would have known last year when I loaded up on all sorts of cat toys that all it takes for my guy to be happy is a $.50 ball then I would have saved a ton of money. I have a whole basket of crap he won't touch. He does like to "kill" mice upstairs in the living room so we have 4 mice for him to play with. But he only will play with them in the living room. The rest of the house is soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

Wally goes through phases with toys. When he was little, it was all about the fuzzy mice. Then for a long time it was da bird, he would chase that thing all over. Now when I get it out for him to play with, he just looks at it while I swing it around. Right now, it's all about the laser.

I'm afraid of what will happen when he gets tired of the laser. I don't have anymore ideas :lol:. The fling a string wasn't a big hit, neither was the undercover mouse toy.

Y'all, it was 79 degrees today, sunny, clear, breezy, dew point of 60--this is the way summer is supposed to be! We have all of the windows in the house open, and it's wonderful. After over a month of near-record temperatures, no rain, and so much water in the air, it was hard to breathe, this is like heaven! :love:

:yippie: Just found out that my boss wants to close the bakery for the first 10 days of the year. :drool::drool::drool: I'm seriously considering going to the desert. I need a break so bad! I almost cried when I got to work this morning and saw a huge sign on our order book that says not to take any orders for those days because we're closed. We're also closed the Sat of Labor Day weekend. Time off :love::love::love:

such a busy weekend coming up :crack: I go from nothing to action packed. Dinner tomorrow night, wedding Sat afternoon, and brunch then Irish Fair on Sunday.

the parents are out for the night so I thought I'd watch TV on the porch instead of my room or the family room. It's just a really tiny old TV but it's something different than my usual place to sit. I can't figure out how to use the remote :reject::reject::reject: I'm too embarrassed to call them while they are having dinner with friends to ask how to use it. So back to the family room. My TV is the biggest, and only flat screen, in the house but if I sit in there then it's just my bed and I'll fall asleep. :der:

The rain ruined the last minute trip to the WI State Fair. Viv and I almost went after work but we were greeted with dark sky and a downpour.
Ahhh well.

It was a crappy day and even watching the Packers preseason is not helping my mood. I was watching Dexter before the game started and was getting into that. I think I should be a little concerned that my *go to* tv program after a crappy day is Dexter :der:

:yippie: Just found out that my boss wants to close the bakery for the first 10 days of the year. :drool::drool::drool: I'm seriously considering going to the desert. I need a break so bad! I almost cried when I got to work this morning and saw a huge sign on our order book that says not to take any orders for those days because we're closed. We're also closed the Sat of Labor Day weekend. Time off :love::love::love:

Excellent :up:

The rain ruined the last minute trip to the WI State Fair. Viv and I almost went after work but we were greeted with dark sky and a downpour.
Ahhh well.

It was a crappy day and even watching the Packers preseason is not helping my mood. I was watching Dexter before the game started and was getting into that. I think I should be a little concerned that my *go to* tv program after a crappy day is Dexter :der:

bummer....you must have gotten our late night rain from Fri night/Sat morning. It was pouring like crazy at 4 am yesterday on my way to work.

Vikings preseason....don't even want to get into it. Last season really shattered me and not just over the Vikings' performance but also the outcome of the biggest game of the year. I still haven't come to terms with that one. I'll never give up on my team but I just don't know if I can be as openly supportive of them as I have in years past. I'm just too gutted over the fact that they can't seem to make it to the Super Bowl and our biggest rival won it, again. My bro and I were going to get tickets for a game but I don't think I'm in the mood to spend that kind of money on them this year. My brother is preoccupied with trying to sell his apartment building but I have a feeling once the season starts then he'll start to find tickets....and I'll go wearing my purple loud and proud.

So sad about the stage collapse at the Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair last night. That same storm cell roared through here before it hit Indianapolis. My nephew Matt works with a company that does rigging, lights, and sound for concerts; and it's a blessing for our family that he wasn't involved here. My heart goes out to the folks who were killed and injured. :sad:

So sad about the stage collapse at the Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair last night. That same storm cell roared through here before it hit Indianapolis. My nephew Matt works with a company that does rigging, lights, and sound for concerts; and it's a blessing for our family that he wasn't involved here. My heart goes out to the folks who were killed and injured. :sad:

so sad...I watched a few videos of it that friends posted on FB. I didn't want to but I saw so many comments that I finally broke down and watched. One just makes me want to throw up seeing it actually fall on people that didn't stand a chance to get out of the way. Glad your nephew wasn't involved!

so sad...I watched a few videos of it that friends posted on FB. I didn't want to but I saw so many comments that I finally broke down and watched. One just makes me want to throw up seeing it actually fall on people that didn't stand a chance to get out of the way. Glad your nephew wasn't involved!

The heartening thing was that so many people tried to lift the debris off of people to get them out. I can't imagine the horror! :sad:
I get a shiver every time I see the video and hear the screams. Just heartbreaking.
SO glad your nephew wasn't involved, Jude.
I thought it was amazing that yes, you initially saw people running away but they did all seem to come back to help. I applaud the fans, FD, EMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom