Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #826
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
AND the Red Sox are down 3-zip at the top of the 6th. Come on, guys!!!
__________________

__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #827
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg


At 8:01 I called Bright House and talked to someone who told me that the service call to come by 8 pm had not been placed. I started my tirade of "They were supposed to call me at work-" and she cut me off with "Yes, ma'am, I see the notes on your account." So I demanded if that was how "you people" operate, and then told her to have a great night, hung up on her, and called AT&T. On Monday, September 10, we will have the U-verse and save like $25 a month by combining TV and internet and have actual customer service.

AT&T guy: If you ever have a problem, just give us a call!
Meg: Will someone actually come out, unlike my current cable company?!
Good for you.
__________________

__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #828
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
AT&T guy didn't even force me to act like a crazy person over TV. TV!!! I was yelling at people about TV!!!

And the Red Sox scored a run. Go guys!!!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #829
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg


Me too. That's not a message I would leave on someone's voicemail, either.


oh no...she didn't get a voicemail that her grandma died; just to call her sister asap. Her sister never calls her randomly in the day plus the grandma has been sick for quite a while. She knew what that message meant before she called her sister back to confirm.


and....no more cable issues posts until post a picture of that ring!!!
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #830
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Congrats to Schmeg! ARW was on the news! Guess I've missed a few things!

Thought I would pop on briefly before getting ready, running errands and going into work for some OT. It's been kind of crazy lately as is the norm lately. My dad went to his post hospital stay follow up appt last Friday and the doctor put him back in the hospital during the weekend to have his heart checked. It ended up being nothing since the cardiologist didn't feel the need to do tests again (they had done tests when he was in there a couple weeks ago) and basically questioned why he was even there. I totally rearranged my schedule and then had to rearrange it back.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #831
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
there are three diamonds in this picture...

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

and....no more cable issues posts until post a picture of that ring!!!


Okay, this is the unofficial ring, in a picture taken by my crappy phone, sent to sistaofzoney's non-crappy phone, and then uploaded to her Photobucket:



It's so big I could wear it around my thumb comfortably. I swatted at a fly at work the other day and it literally flew off my finger, and I had to run across the bank and pick it up while the fly laughed at me. It only stays on because I have a wad of tape wrapped around the back. So, not only am I terrified of losing Jeff's grandmother's ring, I'm afraid it will be all sticky from the tape I have wrapped around it!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #832
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
And cable update:

We had a 4 - 8 window today, with an emphasis on the latter half of the window so I could work a whole day like a normal person. They were supposed to call my cell phone before they arrived. I called the landline voicemail from work at 5:05 pm; no message from Bright House. I got home at 5:25 and noticed a call at 4:57 pm on the landline caller ID from Bright House. I called at 6:30 and was assured by an operator that no one had been out and the appointment was still on. At 8:09 I called to find out why no one had come out, and I was told that they HAD been out but I hadn't been home. No shit! That's why they were supposed to call my cell phone!! So now no one can come out until Sunday between 12 and 4, and we're probably not going to be home.

September 10 = AT&T U-verse Install Day.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #833
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
Congrats to Schmeg! ARW was on the news! Guess I've missed a few things!

Thought I would pop on briefly before getting ready, running errands and going into work for some OT. It's been kind of crazy lately as is the norm lately. My dad went to his post hospital stay follow up appt last Friday and the doctor put him back in the hospital during the weekend to have his heart checked. It ended up being nothing since the cardiologist didn't feel the need to do tests again (they had done tests when he was in there a couple weeks ago) and basically questioned why he was even there. I totally rearranged my schedule and then had to rearrange it back.
Thanks!

I've been thinking about you and the fam. I hope everyone is doing well.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #834
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Re: there are three diamonds in this picture...

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg




Okay, this is the unofficial ring, in a picture taken by my crappy phone, sent to sistaofzoney's non-crappy phone, and then uploaded to her Photobucket:



It's so big I could wear it around my thumb comfortably. I swatted at a fly at work the other day and it literally flew off my finger, and I had to run across the bank and pick it up while the fly laughed at me. It only stays on because I have a wad of tape wrapped around the back. So, not only am I terrified of losing Jeff's grandmother's ring, I'm afraid it will be all sticky from the tape I have wrapped around it!

that picture has already been published in a journal entry. Try again!




j/k

Aside from being blurry, looks like a nice ring! Not too over the top or anything like that.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #835
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
I just finished up with practical #1 of my cakes class. It was the easiest, stress free test I've ever had here. I don't know how I did; she hands out her grade sheet when she gives us our written test back. But her comments were all very positive. Plus she takes less than 5 minutes per person, if that. My last Chef was at least 20 minutes. We had to sit down with him and try everything plus discuss our work. She just tells us how it is, tries it herself and then we're done. Much better. I love this class.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #836
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Re: Re: there are three diamonds in this picture...

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



that picture has already been published in a journal entry. Try again!




j/k

Aside from being blurry, looks like a nice ring! Not too over the top or anything like that.
When we have the offical ring, I'll have pictures for you. I hope to find that tomorrow.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #837
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Re: Re: Re: there are three diamonds in this picture...

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

When we have the offical ring, I'll have pictures for you. I hope to find that tomorrow.

oh I thought that was the official ring. Are you going to wear the unofficial ring for anything?
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #838
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
100% on written test, 90% on practical. 100% on a written test?!?!?! Oh if my last 2 Chefs could see me now! I did sooo bad in their class on tests!

I'm not so thrilled with the 90% even though it's an A. I thought I'd get a little higher than that. But an A's an A.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 AM   #839
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Congrats arw!

Ring shopping Schmeg? How exciting
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #840
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:30 AM
I just woke up to 10 hungry ducks quaking away outside of my window. They're too cute for me to not get up and feed them.

__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com