Random Music Thread XXXV: Cobbler Strikes Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My MO is to sing along to songs that I want U2 to continue playing, and remain quiet during those I do not.

I was mighty quiet during SBS and Walk On.

Aw, in Nashville SBS nearly had it's old urgency back. Sounded awesome.

And I don't know what happened to me and Walk On on this tour. It just killed me every time. I guess because a lot of people I know died in the last year so it reminded me of how it felt when they played it during the post-9/11 shows.

I pretty much fell in love again with all the stuff I'd gotten sick of.
except Elevation, which I still enjoyed even if it wasn't exactly love. Plus, if you read the Chicago setlist thread, you know it now pukes instead of sucks which is an interesting change.

I wonder how much time of my life I've spent trying to decide what to listen to.

this! million albums on my ipod and i can never choose!

I sing along to even the songs I don't like, because I just cannot help myself.

:) me too! Much as Elevation is nearly the last song I'd like to hear them do, I was still jumping around.

This is the kind of shit I like to see you post.

should have seen me after the LCD show! I walked out of the joint literally drenched in sweat, and I was in the d-bag seats.

Jumping to Elevation and "whoo hooing" it all up in this bitch is way too much fun to not do.

Aw, in Nashville SBS nearly had it's old urgency back. Sounded awesome.

And I don't know what happened to me and Walk On on this tour. It just killed me every time. I guess because a lot of people I know died in the last year so it reminded me of how it felt when they played it during the post-9/11 shows.

I pretty much fell in love again with all the stuff I'd gotten sick of.
except Elevation, which I still enjoyed even if it wasn't exactly love. Plus, if you read the Chicago setlist thread, you know it now pukes instead of sucks which is an interesting change.

I am not a huge Walk On fan, but, show me that 9/11 tribute performance and I flash back to how I was feeling when I saw it LIVE and then I start to lose it slightly. Or worse.

this! million albums on my ipod and i can never choose!

:) me too! Much as Elevation is nearly the last song I'd like to hear them do, I was still jumping around.

should have seen me after the LCD show! I walked out of the joint literally drenched in sweat, and I was in the d-bag seats.

Much as I love U2 and normally, when not about to have a heart attack, move around a lot for their shows....the show that made me move around the most, ever, was the Prince show a few months ago. I left that arena tired as fuck and had sweated my ass off.

I don't know how I'll react to songs I don't like. Better just go find out next week.

You'll remain emotionally neutral, I suspect.

How does it feel to know that a decent amount of people whom you've never meet, and likely never will, will all be thinking of you that night? We'll be thrilled for you and hoping against hope that you enjoy it as much as we all do.....

The one song I end up singing along to that I don't really want to is "One"....it's always around "you ask me to enter..." when I give in.

Even ol' One got to me all over again. It was the part where
on the video screen young U2 get in the car and drive away as Bono sings "we get to carry each other, carry each other"

I don't know how I'll react to songs I don't like. Better just go find out next week.

I look forward to your reactions. Will be watching closely for punctuation altered by excitement, !s, smileys, etc.

Jumping to Elevation and "whoo hooing" it all up in this bitch is way too much fun to not do.

:up: I also don't get why some people complain about ISHFWILF (maybe it's just Axver :lol:). Singing that whole first verse and chorus as a stadium was one of the many highlights of the shows I saw.

Even ol' One got to me all over again. It was the part where
on the video screen young U2 get in the car and drive away as Bono sings "we get to carry each other, carry each other"

yeah, seeing the old clips had me choked up a bit too. i think i would have burst into tears if he did "do you hear us coming", even though I sand it by myself anyway

I am not a huge Walk On fan, but, show me that 9/11 tribute performance and I flash back to how I was feeling when I saw it LIVE and then I start to lose it slightly. Or worse.

Hell yeah. That was after Bono's dad died, and my best friend died suddenly a week before the show, and a girl I knew from another fan forum was a flight attendant on the US Air flight that crashed into the WTC, and so when I saw her name scroll by in Denver (home of US Air), it was just all too much. I thought they might have to carry me out of there on a stretcher. That was one hell of a cathartic night.

:up: I also don't get why some people complain about ISHFWILF (maybe it's just Axver :lol:). Singing that whole first verse and chorus as a stadium was one of the many highlights of the shows I saw.

Yes! I'm sorry they seem to have done away with the singalong portion, when the band hushes up and lets everyone sing. That was a goosebump moment for me.

Hell yeah. That was after Bono's dad died, and my best friend died suddenly a week before the show, and a girl I knew from another fan forum was a flight attendant on the US Air flight that crashed into the WTC, and so when I saw her name scroll by in Denver (home of US Air), it was just all too much. I thought they might have to carry me out of there on a stretcher. That was one hell of a cathartic night.

Wow. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like for you.

:hug:

I have this awful image in my head of Philsfan's first U2 experience being somewhat similar to some crappy college frat house movie where we are all waiting for him to walk back in the room after bedding a prostitute for the first time.

:highfivesallaround:

How does it feel to know that a decent amount of people whom you've never meet, and likely never will, will all be thinking of you that night? We'll be thrilled for you and hoping against hope that you enjoy it as much as we all do.....

This. It's fun as our little clan sees the shows one by one and report back. Is there anyone amongst us who didn't get to see a show at all this time?

I have this awful image in my head of Philsfan's first U2 experience being somewhat similar to some crappy college frat house movie where we are all waiting for him to walk back in the room after bedding a prostitute for the first time.

:lmao:

You'll remain emotionally neutral, I suspect.

Odd? I don't know how I feel about it.

The funny thing is that unlike most of you, I don't have a smart phone so I can't post anything while I'm there. I also have none of your phone numbers, so no texting either. And frankly, even if I did, I'd probably ignore my phone for the whole show.
Just try not to start punching strangers if you find yourself reacting .... poorly.
I will be sober, so that won't be an issue. A person of my size doesn't start trouble.
I look forward to your reactions. Will be watching closely for punctuation altered by excitement, !s, smileys, etc.
I might let it slide this once.

You shouldn't be texting anyone during the fucking show. Except during Elevation.

And of course you don't know how you feel about it, you have no feelings.

We'll be excited for you anyway.

Replace "prostitute" with "girl I didn't have to pay" and "high fives all around" with "someone threw a plate of mac & cheese at me," and you have described an evening I had last summer.

Even worse, this image is probably still of some shaggy haired looking 16 year old you saw briefly on your TV screen way back when.

That was you, right?

I did sing along as well, primarily because Bono was about 10 feet away from me and I didn't want him to see me appear uninterested.

Plus, it's Elevation's production that makes me hate the studio version. I've always thought the song was good live, less so when the crowd woo-hooed for like an hour on the Vertigo tour, delaying the start of the song. I found that version really sluggish. 360 version is great and it kicked ass last night.

Edge unbuttoned part of his shirt during that song because he was afraid of catching fire. My mom would have :combust:'d.

I meant United, not US Air. :huh:

You shouldn't be texting anyone during the fucking show. Except during Elevation.

And of course you don't know how you feel about it, you have no feelings.

We'll be excited for you anyway.
The only time I had my phone out during The National show was during the encore.

I will be thrilled by the show, I'm sure. The people I saw Springsteen and The National with were surprised by how into it I was since I'm me and don't have feelings.

Some of us may be hoping that G-d steps in again and prevents the concert from taking place.

From a purely entertainment perspective, Peef's reaction would be better than any actual concert review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom