Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( ????

It's very troubling that one of the first links that pops up when you search for his name is this comment from yesterday:

Asked for his opinion on the current terror threat to the world posed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Weiland said: "Fuck ISIS. And if they come after me, I'll fucking pull out my Glock 17 [semi-automatic pistol]."

I don't want to troll the dedicated thread, but I never liked Stone Temple Pilots, and always thought Weiland was an enormous tool, starting with that Pearl Jam-ripoff "Plush".

The guy had a history of heroin addiction so this news isn't much of a surprise.

I'm just hoping Bono doesn't snippet any of their stuff on Sunday.

Saw Stone Temple Pilots once back in the early days with the Butthole Surfers and Flaming Lips, show where Weiland and one of the Deleos bashed some kids head in cause people were throwing shoes at them.
Dude definitely had his demons, too bad.

This is another one of those sad cases rather than shocking. I didn't mind some STP songs although they were rather derivative of several of their peers who came before but yeah, I'm actually surprised it took this long considering his history with drugs.

I always thought STP got a lot more ragging on than they deserved. The PJ ripoff argument was lazy. Sure they had their "derivative" moments just like all the other bands that got threw into the "grunge" category, but they also had their more arty moments, and Weiland was a great frontman. I just recently started following him on IG, it's sad given how just recently he spoke of how long he'd been sober and seemed to be pretty focused.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Saw Stone Temple Pilots once back in the early days with the Butthole Surfers and Flaming Lips, show where Weiland and one of the Deleos bashed some kids head in cause people were throwing shoes at them.
Dude definitely had his demons, too bad.

I know the show itself could've been pretty violent, but the lineup sounds killer. yeah, good times, good times.

I thought they (STP) settled into their own groove and sound with the albums Purple and Tiny Gift Shop...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom