Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that one surprised me as well. I liked Bono laughing after the cabbage line.

One was also a nice surprise with the acoustic guitar so prominent.

Zooropa sounds awesome all cranked up. Does it sound any different than the original? No fucking clue. But it sounds great.

I also put a little too much brandy into my tea, so that might be influencing my opinion at the moment.

I listened to the first 5 AB songs on headphones last night (through my iMac), and the only song I noticed any difference on was Won. I was like, wow, there's four guitar things going on here at the beginning.

And that segues into...

After a brief listen, I think Baby One, Tryin, and Love Is Blindness are the Kindergarten copies that people would get the most out of. Listen to the whole thing if you want to hear some jazzed up song structures and lyrics, but....I think it's pretty undeniable that the band ended up picking the right versions for the album cut.

It's interesting how so little can add so much, case in point: Won. Without the electric guitar (and Fanny Patois' playing), it has nowhere near the power.

But yeah, I really couldn't tell any difference on Cockropa when I listened to it in the car today. Of course, I think that album is perfectly produced and mixed so it doesn't bother me. Strangely, Salami and Satellite of Love sounded way clearer than I've ever heard them so I'm wondering if the b-sides were polished as well.

After the Brenda Song catastrophe, S-Go getting knocked up would send me over the edge.

Imperor said:
After the Brenda Song catastrophe, S-Go getting knocked up would send me over the edge.

What was the "Brenda Song catastrophe"? I admit I'm not down with any of her happenings. I just look at photos of her and watch repeats of Wizards of Waverley Place.

Also I just now saw the result of the world series. Sorry, man. Watching your team lose finals is a horrible thing, and I'm sure me bringing it up again doesn't help!

What was the "Brenda Song catastrophe"? I admit I'm not down with any of her happenings. I just look at photos of her and watch repeats of Wizards of Waverley Place.
help!

Brenda Song is the smokin' hot Asian from Suite Life of Zack & Cody and Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, and Miley's absurd looking brother got her pregnant.

Selena is amazing, but I actually think Waverly Place is pretty low on the quality scale when it comes to recent vintage Disney channel "sitcoms." The aforementioned Suite Life is a lot better and, of course, I don't even need to tell you what the King of that category of shows is.

My favorite's actually Good Luck Charlie, but I suppose that's because I am 24 with a 10 year old and 4 year old brother, so I kind of relate to the plot.

I like GLC, too.

Haven't seen every single episode of it like I have with SLOZ&C, HM, TSR, and SWAC, but it's good shit.

Yeah, I only watch Disney when I'm hanging with my brother, so I've only seen a few episodes, but I really like what I see. I've always hated Wizards because of that godawful set. I hated the super fake set on Hannah Montana too( the beach one) but for some reason it never bugged me much as that street set on Wizards.

WTF are you guys talking about. I can't figure out half the Cock song titles and I don't know nothing about no Brenda the fuck Song. :huh:

So when I went to see Robyn a few weeks ago, it was at the Paramount, a theater that's been around for ages in Seattle. The opening band (I think they were called Yacht? They were kind of annoying.) had a guy and a girl at either end of the stage, wearing shirts labeled "boy" and "girl" and doing nothing but dancing. I thought, okay, whatever.

Now I'm watching Nirvana at the Paramount from 1991, as Palladia had it on and I thought I'd DVR it this past week, just for kicks and giggles.

What does Nirvana have on stage at the Paramount during Smells Like Teen Spirit? If you guessed dancing "boy" and dancing "girl," come and get your prize!

Kind of a neat shout out for that opening band to do. Well-played, annoying opening band. Well-played.

Thank God, somebody's speaking English. I've been to the Paramount. Nice old theater.

I believe it was deliciously restored by one of the many Microsoft millionaires ... not sure when. The 90s, maybe? It had been all spiffied up when I moved there in 2000.

A friend of mine who works for Microsoft used to invite me to shows all the time there, because she kept getting free tickets to stuff ... I don't remember what the deal there was, but she said it had something to do with that benefactor who'd sprung for the renovations.

Anyway, so that was cool while it lasted.

I saw Damien Rice and The Frames there when I happened to be in Seattle at the same time, circa 2004 maybe? Front row balcony. It was glorious.

nice! I think I've sat in the balcony for a few things (saw Tori Amos there in the early 2000s; that was the last time I saw her). The last few shows I've seen there, I've been on the floor, where they often remove the seats for GA: Wilco, Flaming Lips, Robyn.

I'm probably missing a few other shows I've seen. It's probably my favorite place to go to see shows in the city.

Dammit, I have a friend who works at Microsoft and he's never hooked me up with tickets. I'll have to call him on it.

I don't remember what my friend's deal was - she might have won them in an auction or something? Or the person who had them stopped offering them up? I don't remember, but I didn't get the impression that anyone who works there can just get tickets to everything.

Man, all the shows would be nothing but Microsofters for every show, if that were the case! Ha.

Most of those Microsofters live on the East side anyway, and you know how those East Siders are about coming all the way over the lake into Seattle.

(... and don't get me started on the Seattleites who can't be bothered to go all the way over the lake to the East side.)

Most of those Microsofters live on the East side anyway, and you know how those East Siders are about coming all the way over the lake into Seattle.

(... and don't get me started on the Seattleites who can't be bothered to go all the way over the lake to the East side.)
I'll be the East Siders crossed Wayne's name off of the door.

And a sister?

Darth-Vader-in-Return-of-the-Jedi-e1314889484166.jpg

Well, apparently Lou Reed is now at least partially responsible for two of the most beloved albums of all time and two of the most despised albums of all time. That must be an accomplishment of some kind.

What are his "two" beloved albums? He's got four VU albums and Transformer under his belt.

KhanadaRhodes said:
what's the other despised album?

Metal Machine Music.

Yeah, he lives in Redmond, but he does actually go into the city quite a bit.

BTW, in regard to your recent comment about Gig Harbor being in the boonies, I was actually late for work on Monday because there were COWS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRIGGIN' ROAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom