Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm seeing "The Australian Pink Floyd" this weekend. My money funds the enemies of art, how does that make you all feel? Even worse, Australian enemies of art. I'm pretty much worse than Hitler, right?

Yeah, Australian Floyd is apparently the zenith of Floyd tributes, of which there are many.

Yeah, but the lyrical changes they make to some of Floyd's most famous tracks are a bit dodgy:

"G'day You"
"Have A Fosters"
"Another Shrimp On The Barbie Part 2"
"Shine On You Crazy Kangaroo"

I mean, I'm sure they're good musicians, but that might be taking it too far.

I thought you meant Tame Impala for whatever reason.

Anyfart, I signed up for this Spotify shit finally. Leggo.

Holy fuck, Dirty Mind was on the radio this morning. Probably the coolest Prince pick I can think of, if I'm considering my favorite songs of his. I may have heard When You Were Mine once, but this tops that anyway.

iron yuppie said:
Her discography is small at the moment, but I would start with the Stridulum EP.

I rocked Valusia since it was available on Spotify and I love it. Will check out your rec next when I get a chance. Thanks, son.

re: Kelly Clarkson's new song

Haven't heard it yet, but am sad to hear you guys think it's awful. Can it be worse than Never Again?

iYup, bro, I listened to the EP you rec'd. Hot shit. Hot hot hot. I love this broad. It's like if Austra were even more awesome. And I found out she's playing at my favorite venue in a few weeks.

Imperor said:
iYup, bro, I listened to the EP you rec'd. Hot shit. Hot hot hot. I love this broad. It's like if Austra were even more awesome. And I found out she's playing at my favorite venue in a few weeks.

Yeah, it's haunting stuff. Place Stridulum and Valusia together and you have a damn fine LP. I would recommend Zola Jesus Meets LA Vampires as well, though it is even more dirge-filled than the EPs.

I'll definitely check that one out too, thanks. Really pleased with how this is working out. And for $10, I won't be missing that show.

In other news, Scorsese's Harrison doc premieres tonight. Who's watching with me?

I just realized Harry Nilsson wrong the songs in the '80's live action Popeye movie. That's sorta weird.

I'd expect this kind of lesbian bashing from Cobbler. But you, JT? You should know better.

I'd watch lesbians.

I'd love to see Australian Pink Floyd. Shame they haven't actually played in Australia in like 10 years or some shit.

I did see Pink Floyd Experience though, they were pretty good. It was my first exposure to Dogs of War, and, lo and behold, it was not the worst song of all time, like many here had said.

Must have slipped under my radar, Cobbs. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

bono_man2002 said:
I also wanna go see The Tallest Man On Earth, but he is sold out :(

Bummer. Dude's mad underrated.

In other news, Scorsese's Harrison doc premieres tonight. Who's watching with me?

dammit, i forgot i was supposed to wage a war with the tivo dvr beast. we're not on speaking terms since the whole on demand fiasco. i'm sure it will air a bunch...i'll sort it out later.

I'm DVRing it, but excited to watch.

Is it two parts? Does anyone know when the second part is supposed to air?

I felt like he was pretty overrated myself. Not that I don't like his music, but it seemed like everyone was worshiping the ground his little folk feet walked on last year.

Considering he's the tallest man on earth, they'd probably be pretty large little folk feet. :wink:

Considering he's the tallest man on earth, they'd probably be pretty large little folk feet. :wink:

HA! I didn't realize, btw, when I wrote that that most people might read it as "Little Folk" as in Leprechauns, that's not what I was referring to :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom