Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge banged on about Foster the People at the recent Q&A for the AB doco, so they get the U2 Fan Good Music Seal of Approval, at least until they have the audacity to open for U2, at which point, it becomes clear that they're not even trying to be U2, so who the hell do they think they are? Unless they do try to be U2, then who the hell do they think they are?

Ed Ved and the Peej killed it on Fallon last night with their cover of Floyd's "Mother".

I'm eating a bowl of Wheaties in preparation for an 18 hour day of drinking.

Let's go.

The Decemberists Reveal Details of Forthcoming EP | News | Pitchfork

Look at the tracklist for this shit:

Who the fuck else could track #1 be about?

The midget point guard from UCLA? Nah, I'm thinking it's the midget sex God from Gryffindor.

Excited for this, I really, really liked about half of The King is Dead.

Edge banged on about Foster the People at the recent Q&A for the AB doco, so they get the U2 Fan Good Music Seal of Approval, at least until they have the audacity to open for U2, at which point, it becomes clear that they're not even trying to be U2, so who the hell do they think they are? Unless they do try to be U2, then who the hell do they think they are?

:up:

I am just now really listening to Prince's "Purple Rain" (the song) for the first time, and it is astonishing to me just how much Ryan Adams' "Hotel Chelsea Nights" sounds like it: same tempo, same vocal delivery, and seemingly the same chords.

I am just now really listening to Prince's "Purple Rain" (the song) for the first time, and it is astonishing to me just how much Ryan Adams' "Hotel Chelsea Nights" sounds like it: same tempo, same vocal delivery, and seemingly the same chords.

Ya, I've never been able to listen to the Adams song because it just feels like a cheap knock off.... but you're just now listening to Purple Rain???

Reggo said:
May I introduce you to The Germs?

Lance's mom never has the decency to ask.

I actually had one of their albums on a list somewhere, but I never bothered with it. Seems like shit that got a cult because it was shit.

i used to want to make a germs cover band called hand sanitizer.

I think that the final minute of "God Only Knows" is among the finest moments in music history.

It took me a long time to appreciate that song. I don't know if it's the image of the Beach Boys I had in my head growing up, but I never thought of them as being anything more than a throw away, 2 minute pop song band. Gorgeous tune though

I think that the final minute of "God Only Knows" is among the finest moments in music history.

I think that the first 30 seconds of California Girls are among the finest moments in music history. Like, each one individually is up there.

The rest of the song is just OK.

Cobbler, if you haven't already, check out the title track from Bon Iver's Blood Bank EP. I don't remember anything about the rest of the EP, but that song is definitely one of their/his best.

I think that the first 30 seconds of California Girls are among the finest moments in music history. Like, each one individually is up there.

The rest of the song is just OK.

:lol: Yeah, that's essentially how I feel about God Only Knows. It is decent until the end, which is absolutely sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom