Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n01gdnOiuc1shmpl6o1_500.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who found that hat rather odd.

Tame Impala and The National both lost Best Alternative Album. Vampire Weekend won.

Lonerism deserved a grammy.

Vampire Weekend's album was a commercial and critical success. This isn't exactly a high crime. It's not like fun. beat these guys.

You want to get mad, ask yourself how Led Zeppelin beat David Bowie for Best Rock album with some live reunion bullshit.

Vampire Weekend's album was a commercial and critical success. This isn't exactly a high crime. It's not like fun. beat these guys.

You want to get mad, ask yourself how Led Zeppelin beat David Bowie for Best Rock album with some live reunion bullshit.

No, I'm not saying anything bad about Vampire Weekend at all, I just really love Lonerism is all.

And yeah, it's probably cheap to win any kind of Best Album grammy for something like that, but then again, it's Zeppelin, and they're awesome, so I can't complain. But agreed, Bowie deserves some recognition for his album.

As much as Led Zeppelin winning a Grammy is long long overdue, winning this one is laughable.
Live albums should either not be included or have their own category and not compete against original music.
But lets face it the Grammy's have been laughable as a whole for some time now.

So I could not give two shits or a fuck about who wins what award, but I do DVR the Grammys then skip around from performance to performance. I thought the Chicago/Thicke collab was better than I would have expected….and seeing Stevie up there with Daft Punk and Nile and Pharrell was a lot of fun. Actually got a little misty eyed during Ringo's performance, for no reason or 50 different reasons, not sure.

But, with ease, my favorite performance was the finale, with Trent and Buckingham and QOTSA and Grohl just kicking some ass. Everything about that performance was awesome to me, including the staging/lighting. Sucks that CBS cut it off but I loved it anyway. Grohl behind the drums is always awesome.

Anyone want to fill me in on the current info we have on Invisicock (Laz, I'm assuming this is the direction you went?)? I don't want to go to the other place.
Charity single from the new album debuting via a one-minute commercial during the Super Bowl, available for a free download for 24 hours on iTunes after it debuts. Every download, BoA donates a buck to Red. Apparently the music video was filmed in a hangar in Southern California.

So I could not give two shits or a fuck about who wins what award, but I do DVR the Grammys then skip around from performance to performance. I thought the Chicago/Thicke collab was better than I would have expected….and seeing Stevie up there with Daft Punk and Nile and Pharrell was a lot of fun. Actually got a little misty eyed during Ringo's performance, for no reason or 50 different reasons, not sure.

But, with ease, my favorite performance was the finale, with Trent and Buckingham and QOTSA and Grohl just kicking some ass. Everything about that performance was awesome to me, including the staging/lighting. Sucks that CBS cut it off but I loved it anyway. Grohl behind the drums is always awesome.

Agreed. Buckingham's guitar part for Copy of A was fantastic and so very Lindsay. Loved the staging, especially the reveal of Dave just going nuts on the drums. Still angry about cutting off QOSTA at the end. Ugh.

I'll be shocked if the finished product isn't worse that Clay Aiken's tune of the same name.

Fool me once, etc etc etc.

In other news, my Dum Dum and Mogwai LPs arrived and holy moley I'm already going buck over the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom