Random Music talk LXXXIV: More weeks at #1 than Elvis & The Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, I was moving furniture around, which required me to move the vinyls, and I had never seen that album cover before, and I asked Travis how it was supposed to be read, because my immediate reaction was to say, "Miles' Tones", but you're right, Jive, that's not how it would be read aloud.

Annual postcard notice:

If you'd like me to end you a postcard this summer, PM me your address. Some of you are covered already, unless you've moved to a new mansion.

If I send you a postcard, I've been to/seen the thing on it. That's the way this hardass rolls.

A current source of frustration for me:

My girlfriend and I recently had a few career prospects that made us uncertain whether we were going to stay in our current apartment. I asked our current landlord - who, it should be noted, has always exhibited some behavior that suggests mental instability - if we could sign a two-month lease in order to give us a chance to see how things would shake out. "Sure," she says. "I'll begin showing the apartment July 1, but you'll have the opportunity to resign before then if you want." So then this morning - June 27 - I find a note under our door from her saying that she has rented the apartment and that we need to be gone by July 31. No warning, no inquiry as to whether we would stay - nothing. Now I don't know if fighting her on this is worth all the headaches.

A current source of frustration for me:

My girlfriend and I recently had a few career prospects that made us uncertain whether we were going to stay in our current apartment. I asked our current landlord - who, it should be noted, has always exhibited some behavior that suggests mental instability - if we could sign a two-month lease in order to give us a chance to see how things would shake out. "Sure," she says. "I'll begin showing the apartment July 1, but you'll have the opportunity to resign before then if you want." So then this morning - June 27 - I find a note under our door from her saying that she has rented the apartment and that we need to be gone by July 31. No warning, no inquiry as to whether we would stay - nothing. Now I don't know if fighting her on this is worth all the headaches.

Why wouldn't you just stay on month to month rather than signing a new lease? I've never understood that

If you're renting month to month, you gotta stay in your landlord's good graces if you want to live there another month. If they don't agree to a renewal you don't always have adequate time to find another place.

For those in Australia:

Harvest Festival 2013 Lineup
Massive Attack
Franz Ferdinand
Primus
Goldfrapp
Neutral Milk Hotel
Desaparecidos
Eels
Css
The Drones
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
M Ward
Superchunk
The Wallflowers
Walk Off The Earth
Mutemath

Tickets on sale Friday 12 July.

The thing is, I am aware of - though don't agree with - her right to refuse to renew the lease. What pisses me off is that she had absolutely no reason to refuse us. We've never given her even the slightest amount of trouble.

For those in Australia:

Harvest Festival 2013 Lineup
Massive Attack
Franz Ferdinand
Primus
Goldfrapp
Neutral Milk Hotel
Desaparecidos
Eels
Css
The Drones
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
M Ward
Superchunk
The Wallflowers
Walk Off The Earth
Mutemath

Tickets on sale Friday 12 July.

First Harvest I'm not all over. Massive Attack's the only one I'm really keen for.

The thing is, I am aware of - though don't agree with - her right to refuse to renew the lease. What pisses me off is that she had absolutely no reason to refuse us. We've never given her even the slightest amount of trouble.

My theory: landlords nowadays, with their hip-hop and their Pokemon, they don't appreciate the jazz you're always playing.

If you're renting month to month, you gotta stay in your landlord's good graces if you want to live there another month. If they don't agree to a renewal you don't always have adequate time to find another place.

Must be different in the states. In Canada, there is no incentive to sign another lease for any period of time. I'm month to month in my place and there is no way for them to terminate my lease as long as the apartment is still on the rental market

there is no way for them to terminate my lease as long as the apartment is still on the rental market

This is how it should be, except of course in extreme cases of problem tenets. Otherwise, the potential for discrimination is through the roof.

This is how it should be, except of course in extreme cases of problem tenets. Otherwise, the potential for discrimination is through the roof.

Ya, that's crazy man. Sorry your landlord is making things awkward for you :down:

Does she not at least owe you 60 days notice?

Let me know if you are in need of some assistance, iYup. I have tools to ensure things go my way.

MusketWebLogo.gif

IY, sorry to read about that. What a frustrating situation.

JT - Everywhere I've lived, once the initial 6 or 12 month lease expired, I've lived month-to-month. Zero need to sign a longer lease, at least in my opinion.

If Cobbler dressed like that on my property, I'd give way less than 60 days notice. Maybe to the count of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom