Random Music talk LXXXIV: More weeks at #1 than Elvis & The Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No thank you. Shit hurts my eyes after too long.

I still prefer real books 100%. But I'm impatient, and if faced with well, I can have this new book four hours before the store opens on the day it comes out for 7 bucks (still too much for an ebook) vs drive 15 miles to the nearest store, which would be b&n here, to pay +20 plus gas, I'll take the ebook. They only hurt my eyes when I do something stupid like try to read on my phone.

I am getting my first credit card and I think the main thing I will use it for is to buy books online. Also, did you know you can shop for things online? This world, man.

I am getting my first credit card and I think the main thing I will use it for is to buy books online. Also, did you know you can shop for things online? This world, man.

I had my first credit card in college, but online shopping was still a few years away. If I couldn't find a book in stock, I had to special order it from B. Dalton. Does that even exist anymore?

The information desk at the student center had a big music catalog so you could order CDs, but it took a week or two for them to come in.

Instant gratification = ebooks. So I can spend 1/3 of what I'd spend on a real book, and get it at 5am rather than when the store opens.

I loathe how expensive ebooks are. I can't bring myself to spend $12.99 on an electronic copy of something. Hate it! I think the most I've spent is $9.99 for a copy of Infinite Jest, just so I didn't have to lug around the weight-lifting-size paperback when I get around to reading it.

There's a great site (ereaderiq.com) that lets you import your Amazon wish list (I have one just for kindle books) and will track the price, and send you an email when it drops. If books pop up for less than $5, I'm all over it.

No thank you. Shit hurts my eyes after too long.

I have an old-school kindle with no backlight, and it's amazing. I couldn't read ebooks on an iPad because my eyes would kill me. I'm curious about the Kindle Paperwhite, or whatever it's called - it sounds like it's designed to be easy on the eyes, and I've had one person tell me it is nowhere near as bad as starting at an iPad or laptop.

Oh so we're still seeing elbow man?

:wink:

I am having such an awesome music day right now. this is a really nice warm summer day possibly the first we've had this year and I'm just listening to non stop classic rock all day. wonderful.

I really should have said its been an awesome radio today. I don't know just been a great run of songs.

I mean, for crying out loud, I'm listening g to Zz Top right now and enjoying it. That says a lot if you know me.

I listened to selections from Royksopp's "Junior" last night after having not listened to it in a while. That's some of the most enjoyable electronic music I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. The Lykki Li tracks "Miss It So Much" and "Were You Ever Wanted", the Robyn track "The Girl And The Robot", and the album's centerpiece imo, "Royksopp Forever"(which I just found out last night was co-composed by legendary producer/composer/songwriter David Foster) are the big highlights for me.

Stellar record.

Is Royksopp going to put out a new record any time soon? Their last one was in 2010.

I hate doling out unsolicited advice, but, today I have something important to say:

Take the children and yourself
And hide out in the cellar
By now the fighting will be close at hand
Don't believe the church and state
And everything they tell you
Believe in me

I'm with the high command

I listened to selections from Royksopp's "Junior" last night after having not listened to it in a while. That's some of the most enjoyable electronic music I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. The Lykki Li tracks "Miss It So Much" and "Were You Ever Wanted", the Robyn track "The Girl And The Robot", and the album's centerpiece imo, "Royksopp Forever"(which I just found out last night was co-composed by legendary producer/composer/songwriter David Foster) are the big highlights for me.

Stellar record.

Is Royksopp going to put out a new record any time soon? Their last one was in 2010.

For whatever reason, it's my least favorite Royksopp album (I guess I never heard Senior, so that could take the title). This Must Be It is the only song on it I go back to, and that's mostly just to hear Karin.

They recently did one of those Late Night Tales compilations, it just came out last month. Has a cover of them doing Depeche Mode.

Stellar record.

I haven't listened to them in forever it feels like. When I was listening to random stuff on last.fm a few weeks back, Royksopp forever came on and I was just all kinds of :drool:. Junior was definitely a favorite.

For whatever reason, it's my least favorite Royksopp album (I guess I never heard Senior, so that could take the title). This Must Be It is the only song on it I go back to, and that's mostly just to hear Karin.

They recently did one of those Late Night Tales compilations, it just came out last month. Has a cover of them doing Depeche Mode.

Senior on the other hand...

I hate doling out unsolicited advice, but, today I have something important to say:

Take the children and yourself
And hide out in the cellar
By now the fighting will be close at hand
Don't believe the church and state
And everything they tell you
Believe in me

I'm with the high command

Is this what the Emergency Broadcast System said during the sharknado?

Oh man, the emergency broadcast system in sharknado, what a piece of shit. Thing didn't even go off until the sharknado had touched ground. Friggin' ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom