Random Music talk LXXXIV: More weeks at #1 than Elvis & The Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That EYKIW thread has been bloody hilarious, but I don't think there is even a shred of legitimacy to anything being tossed around in there. You'll forgive me for being skeptical of a third or fourth-hand report of a private listening party that one of Headache's Facebook friends supposedly had. I'd be more trusting of a measured or critical response to the new stuff rather than the obligatory "it's awesome and a bold new direction" bollocks.

Headache isn't exactly known for making up shit.

Like I said, both him and gvox know the guy and said he's connected.

That EYKIW thread has been bloody hilarious, but I don't think there is even a shred of legitimacy to anything being tossed around in there. You'll forgive me for being skeptical of a third or fourth-hand report of a private listening party that one of Headache's Facebook friends supposedly had. I'd be more trusting of a measured or critical response to the new stuff rather than the obligatory "it's awesome and a bold new direction" bollocks.

The jokes on you then

Headache isn't exactly known for making up shit.

Like I said, both him and gvox know the guy and said he's connected.

True or not, it's non-information. Someone heard music from U2 and said it was spellbinding etc, just like everyone, everywhere in the pre-release comments has said about everything U2 has done for the last decade.

I think the important thing here is that the album must be near completion. Bono & co aren't going to road-test it with fans and then make changes based on their reactions.

Perhaps it only confirms what many suspected already, but it's good to know it's at this stage.

I couldn't care less what some obsessive freak fan thinks about it, the same kind of person who probably likes Cock Crazy.

True or not, it's non-information. Someone heard music from U2 and said it was spellbinding etc, just like everyone, everywhere in the pre-release comments has said about everything U2 has done for the last decade.

Well fyi, there was actually more to it, but now that the thread has gone the way it has noone is going to say anything now.

They could have at least used some imagery like, "Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla", in their descriptions.

They could have at least used some imagery like, "Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla", in their descriptions.

:lol: Yes, that would have been common decency.

"The middle portion featuring a Brian Eno galaxy time warp of the melt, with cascading baloons of hawaiian punch exploding all over the frets."

Mofo/Impy: just came back from Eleanor Friedberger's show. She was pretty great, and quirky as always. Slightly disappointed that she didn't play Tomorrow Tomorrow and Echo or Encore, but it's a minor complaint.

Mofo/Impy: just came back from Eleanor Friedberger's show. She was pretty great, and quirky as always. Slightly disappointed that she didn't play Tomorrow Tomorrow and Echo or Encore, but it's a minor complaint.

I'm jealous. I'll have to give Personal Record a listen sometime this weekend.

So I'm at Denny's with Ashley. Don't ask why, it's just one of those nights.

Anyway, she orders some eggs, they come back looking like the cook cracked a couple of eggs into an incinerator and came back an hour later to fish them out. The manager comes by and asks her whether the food was fantastic. She responds "uh, it's ok, I guess." He gives her a thumbs up and walks away.

This is why Denny's will always be the shittiest restaurant chain imaginable.

Curses, I was just editing.

I probably edit at least 65% of my original posts on this site. The amount of typos I seem to make here, that I don't seem to make elsewhere, is astounding.

So I'm at Denny's with Ashley. Don't ask why, it's just one of those nights.

Anyway, she orders some eggs, they come back looking like the cook cracked a couple of eggs into an incinerator and came back an hour later to fish them out. The manager comes by and asks her whether the food was fantastic. She responds "uh, it's ok, I guess." He gives her a thumbs up and walks away.

This is why Denny's will always be the shittiest restaurant chain imaginable.

Denny's is for winners.

I go to Denny's because it's dingier than IHOP.

It's the weirdest thing. I'm really OCD, in person. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. With that, I'm slightly germaphobic....and YET...I can't get enough of Waffle House. It's nasty looking, it just seems unhygienic and yet the food is so damn good. Denny's is the closest I have to a Waffle House up here, besides legit roadside places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom