Random Music Talk LXXIV: No witty reference, but at least it's not Cobbler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subdural.

Ouch. As long as it stays out of the CSF ventricles, he should be safe, right?

It's been eleven years since I studied brain structures. I'm surprised I remember as much as I do.

So I listened to Debut 3x....and Post once. Moved on to Homogenic and was listening to the 2nd song and was almost overwhelmed by how gorgeous of a track it was....looked down finally to see the title, and it's "Joga", which I think a few of you mentioned as being a song you like. What a song, wow. I am kicking myself for not having explored this woman's work before, what an idiot....and I am a fucking Sugarcubes fan, so, I'm an even bigger idiot than previously indicated a few seconds ago.

But, better late than never......

So I listened to Debut 3x....and Post once. Moved on to Homogenic and was listening to the 2nd song and was almost overwhelmed by how gorgeous of a track it was....looked down finally to see the title, and it's "Joga", which I think a few of you mentioned as being a song you like. What a song, wow. I am kicking myself for not having explored this woman's work before, what an idiot....and I am a fucking Sugarcubes fan, so, I'm an even bigger idiot than previously indicated a few seconds ago.

But, better late than never......

Idiot.

Homogenic :drool:

So you didn't care for Post?

I ended up re-ripping her first 4 or 5 albums this weekend. Listened to Debut 2x and Post 1x. Been years since I heard either. It's sad how I sometimes will stop listening to earlier albums by artists I like if their recent efforts aren't of the same quality. Oddly, I remember liking Post more than Debut, but preferred Debut greatly now.

In un-fun news, an older woman and I backed out at the same time in a parking lot during lunch today and rear-ended each other. My car wasn't damaged at all, one of the panels next to her tail lights was smashed in a bit. I feel bad for her, but also hope the insurance companies realize we both hit each other, not one way or another (In other words, I'd be pissed off if I have to pay for it all, but would also feel really bad if she did).

Everyone is asking me if I am "feeling 22." The fuck are they talking about?

Thanks for the good wishes and concerns about my health.

Weirdly, I also listened to Post this weekend. I had on an electronic playlist and somehow Post was labeled as such. I was delighted when it came on. I think Homogenic is a better record but I love Post just as much.

Experiencing Joga live at Red Rocks was one of the great concert moments of my life.

I also listened to the Burial EPs a million times over the weekend. I think I might like Truant a wee bit better but they're both fantastic.

Sorry about your parking lot accident, mofo. I fear for my life every time I enter the Whole Foods or Trader Joe's parking lots here.

Sorry about your parking lot accident, mofo. I fear for my life every time I enter the Whole Foods or Trader Joe's parking lots here.

Cars suck. I've been stressed out since it happened. Had to make my statement to the claim agent, was bumbling over my own damn birthday and address. They'll probably think I was on drugs or something.

In un-fun news, an older woman and I backed out at the same time in a parking lot during lunch today and rear-ended each other. My car wasn't damaged at all, one of the panels next to her tail lights was smashed in a bit. I feel bad for her, but also hope the insurance companies realize we both hit each other, not one way or another (In other words, I'd be pissed off if I have to pay for it all, but would also feel really bad if she did).

In my experience working with Safeco and seeing these claims, and seeing how certain companies deal with these and how certain other companies deal with these things, I've seen many instances of exactly what you describe being 50/50 for the liability. For what it's worth, that seems right to me and I'd be surprised if this ended as anything but that.

Cars suck. I've been stressed out since it happened. Had to make my statement to the claim agent, was bumbling over my own damn birthday and address. They'll probably think I was on drugs or something.
I was rear-ended in September (not my fault, the other driver claimed responsibility on the spot) and it has been really stressful. I'm still harassed by the insurance adjuster weekly. We play phone tag but somehow it's always my fault whenever we haven't actually talked and I get threats like, "If I don't hear from you by Friday I will assume you are no longer interested in your personal injury claim and I will close this claim without payment" as though I hadn't returned the calls previously and done my part. I hate them. They even sent a "special investigator" to my chiropractor's office unannounced to...what? Spy on me? To see if my chiropractor was a real person? And this is for a claim where the dollar value is so little I'm not even sure it's worth it, and maybe that's why they're harassing me, just to try to get rid of me.

I guess that didn't make you feel any better. Other people I know - most people I know - have had easy-breezy experiences, so hopefully you will, too.

The good news is always that it could have been worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom