Random Music Talk LXX: Original Theatrical Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played Elvis Ate America and Drunk Chicken at the same time. It was OK. Could have been better. Like the skittlebrau of music.

It's my goal to listen to that 24 hour song by The Flaming Lips within the next month. The first part sounds good.

Only 23 hours 50 minutes to go.

I'm already done with the first part. That could be a great Flips song by itself.

The second part doesn't sound as "song-y" so far.

I was too busy winning cash money at the races today to make the new thread.

I listened to the six-hour song over a week or so. There were some good parts.

I'm over two hours in atm. Some chaotic percussion now.

Did you ever listen to it in full cobl?

I'll probably listen to that six hour song when I'm finished with this.

I haven't heard a second of the 24-hour song, but I have heard the entire six-hour song. Hope they release an album later this year.

You should at least listen to the first 25 minutes. They're really awesome and well, normal.

Yesterday was awesome. Saw Yellow Ostrich, a Weird Al cover band, SVE, Dum Dum Girls, Jezabels, Bun B, Santigold, and Run fuckin' DMC. And at one point I saw The Black Lips noodle around on stage while Malick filmed Val Kilmer destroying stuff, Rooneycakes strumming a guitar that wasn't plugged in whilst taking pulls of Jack, and Fassbender running out from the side of the stage to give Rooneycakes a smooch. That movie is gonna be odd.

Should I pay $90 to see Eddie Vedder on election night? Please give me the answer.

An Eddie solo show is a beautiful thing. Intimate, and a great mix of intensely focused performance and relaxed audience interaction.

He's also guaranteed to toss in a bunch of covers of the Beatles, Springsteen, The Who, Dylan, Tom Waits, fuckin Cat Stevens, who knows? He might even play some Creedence!

Should I pay $90 to see Eddie Vedder on election night? Please give me the answer.

$90 seems like a bargain to spend the evening listening to good music and having people to commiserate and/or cry with, as opposed to sitting at home wearing holes in your floor from pacing and/or raging at the TV and/or drinking yourself into a stressful coma.

So, yes. :)

I'm listening to that Michael Kiwanuka album. It's really lovely.

I'm sure it would be nice but I'm just not the biggest fan and it seems like a lot of money for someone I'm sort of lukewarm on. Plus the good seat that I was eyeing is now gone. I'll keep checking back. Thanks, guys.

I wouldn't even pay that much to see Pearl Jam, let alone Vedder just playing some random songs I don't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom